Pet Mod A New Legend: Hoopa

Settling on a vote has been so hard oh gosh
There are definitely more than three I would like to support but uh--

:bellossom: AquaticPanic's Hoennian Bellossom
:gligar: Bencaua's Gligoyle
:haunter: AquaticPanic's Spectrosphere

and I am just going to trust that :magcargo: Albatross's Hoennian Magcargo had better already be a lock at this point, because that's the only way I could forgive myself for not voting for it as well asjkfkf
for anything it's worth, I also really like Golisopod, Leafeon, Tyranitar, Drednaw and a lot of others I wish there was more space ;-;

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
The votes are in! Let's meet our winners!

Pupitar-Hoenn.png

Pupitar-Hoenn

Abilities: Magma Armour
Stats: 70 / 84 / 70 / 65 / 70 / 51
1.3 m | 188 Kg

New Moves (From Larvitar):
Heat Crash
Dazzling Gleam, Flame Burst, Incinerate, Power Gem, Shell Trap
Poison Gas

Lore: As a part of their evolution cycle, Larvitar eats mountains to get ready to evolve. However, Hoenn's large ammount of volcanic activity causes a change in Larvitar's diet, leading to a new form once it evolves. The Pokémon itself rests protected and hidden inside the shell. Said shell is made of very sturdy rocks with a diamond cluster as a mask, which it uses to carve paths inside caves to peacefully rest while it waits for its evolution to come. Despite its cocoon appearance, Pupitar is a fierce and dangerous Pokémon: While generally relaxed, once threatened they release a nearly odorless gas from their body, which is heavily flammable. They then set said gas on fire, creating dangerous explosions.

Tyranitar-Hoenn.png

Tyranitar-Hoenn

Abilities: Grassy Surge / Ripen
Stats: 100 / 124 / 110 / 85 / 80 / 91
2.2 m | 408 Kg

New Moves (From Pupitar):
Aerial Ace, Breaking Swipe, Branch Poke, Brutal Swing, Bullet Seed, Counter, Cut, Dragon Claw, Fire Fang, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Giga Impact, Heavy Slam, High Horsepower, Rock Blast, Tephra Burst
Dragon Breath, Dragon Pulse, Eruption, Fire Blast, Focus Blast, Lava Plume, Overheat, Solarbeam
Block, Grassy Terrain, Roar, Rototiller, Stockpile, Spit Up, Swallow, Will-o-Wisp

Tephra Burst:
|
| 80 BP | 16 PP | 100% Acc | Leaves foe with Fire-Type Splinters for 3 turns.

Lore: Hoennian Tyranitar are keystone species to the biodiversity of the Hoenn region. They are excellent at enriching the soils of wherever they pass by, and whereas Johtonian Tyranitaris destructive, Hoennian Tyranitar is known for helping with plant growth and forest expanding. They use their magma and ash to fertilize soil, and are seen using their rake-like tail to create their own agriculture system. Thanks to them, humans are often seen living near one of hoenn's biggest volcano, an area that would one day become Fallabor Town. Despite all that, Hoennian Tyranitar is a force to be reckoned with, with an extremely resilient body, diamond claws that can leave a mark on almost anything and spewing hot lava everywhere during battle. However, its biggest fight is with Aggron - If an Aggron comes across the territory of a Tyranitar, they will dispute to see which of them is better at cultivation. However, since the results of this are mostly benefic, the people of Hoenn see this rivalry as a blessing more than a curse.

Competitive: Great offensive typing with an ability that helps it mitigate massive EQ weakness. Lack of Stealth Rock really helps it as it allows more item options. Larvitar gives it important moves in DD, Stone Edge and Earthquake, and from there you go Fire Stab (With Tephra Burst being a pretty good option for DamageOver Time) and can try to tech Bullet Seed to snipe some of the fatter waters of the tier
Pokémon: Magcargo-Hoenn
Typing: Steel / Ghost
Abilities: Magma Armor* / Mirror Armor / Shell Armor
*Now grants an immunity to Frostbite
Stats: 70/50/90/90/120/10 (430 BST)
New Moves: Eerie Reflection, Flash Cannon, Calm Mind
Name: Eerie Reflection
Base Power: 90
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 15
Category: Special
Type: Ghost
Effect: 50% chance to lower the target's Special Attack by one stage. Bypasses substitute
Priority: 0
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Authentic
Removed Moves: Shell Smash

Description: We need more defensive Steels, we need more Psychic checks, we need more walls with reliable recovery - we need Magcargo-Hoenn. Magcargo-H comes packing incredible bulk and special sweeping potential, with a spammable signature that helps patch up its main weakness. The lack of Dark-types in the tier is great for this fella as it allows it to spam Eerie Reflection pretty freely. It can also annoy Intimidate mons with Mirror Armor, which is Pretty Cool if you ask me

Flavour-wise, weaker Slugma that were driven out of the territories of stronger Pokemon would often find themselves in the nearby Aquamarine Archipelago. Here they fucking died lol cause they're lava slugs and lava and water don't really mix? Except they kinda do because some Slugma actually manage to evolve into these funky Magcargo forms that are a) now covered in a protective and and b) a host for all kinds of coral species, with which it forms a symbiotic relationship. It may have been driven out of its home but its managed to create a peaceful life for itself protecting the coral that feeds it, so thats nice
Bellossom-Hoenn.png

Bellossom-Hoenn

Abilities: Chlorophyll / Remaining Hope
Remaining Hope - This Pokémon's Stat changess last for 4 turns instead of 3
Stats: 85 / 50 / 75 / 100 / 90 / 80 (490 BST)
0.6 m | 5.8 Kg

New Moves (from Gloom):
Flame Charge, Giga Impact
Fiery Dance, Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Hyper Beam, Incinerate, Uproar, Pollen Puff
Follow Me, Helping Hand, Quiver Dance, Safeguard, Will-o-Wisp

Lore: Long into the past, before even the events of Hoopa, Hoennian Royalty had the custom of travelling around the region. However, one day, the emperor got lost within the deep Emerald Jungle and its thick fog. It was then that an unexpect helper appeared. A group of Hoennian Bellossom helped guide the emperror to safety, and as such, to this day they are reveered as sacred Pokémon. Researches about Hoennian Bellossom indicate that its origins are related to the harsher sun of Hoenn: Rather than just doing a Johtonian Bellossom's typical ritual to summon the Sun, Hoennian Bellossom went further and learned how to do rituals to harness heat from daylight, so that they may produce their own heat and light when times call for it.
(based on Yamaga Lantern Festival)

Competitive: I can't guarantee that this will be great, but QD is an Omniboost and Strength Sap lowers both offenses,so there's that going for it.
Tyranitar-Hoenn 12

Magcargo-Hoenn 10

Bellossom-Hoenn 8

Jynx-Hoenn 5
Girafgiraf 5
Spectrosphere 5

Sphosark 4

Underqwil 3
Gligoyle 3

Lickilorot 2
Polteageist/Royaltea 2

But wait, that's not all! I noticed we have a three-way tie for 4th place, so I've decided to host a 24 hour runoff vote to break it! Pick ONE and only ONE! You can vote in this if you have already, but no self-votes!

Once that's done, just sit tight and wait for further plans. Full disclosure, we probably ain't gonna move on to the next slate immediately and instead try to get a base level version of this coded.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Yknow what? Since we got one (1) vote, I'm letting all 3 in. Enjoy your mermaid and spooky electricity IN ADDITION to portal giraffe!!!!!

Like I said, sit tightly and wait for the base meta to be coded. Also keep an eye out for a spreadsheet being edited into the OP!

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I wanna do some predicts regarding the new winners as well as some deeper analysis on my pre-established meta viability list. Do keep in mind these are just my own takes, I may be proven wrong later and there might be sets here that don't end up all the viable, but hopefully I can get my thought process across so that people can take their own conclusions. So here's what sets and Pokémon I've been looking at lately alongside more or less a review of all of our new winners:

The Fat Stuff

I think the best way to kick off the list is to see what all defensive options we do have to then see what offensive options can break past them. We do, generally, have pretty solid defensive Pokémon, athough Legends mechanics makes some of their usual ways of dealing damage a little crippled, making Defensive mons end up in a weird spot where some of their usual utility is not as great as it used to be. With that said -

:rs/clefable:
If Clefable evades the ban, it's an instant top tier by the simple fact that its our best defensive Fairy. It really does not need any intoduction, although its important to note that Unaware sets may not be as good here as stat boosts are temporary. In any case, Clefable here will do what Clefable always does aside from setting Rocks, just being a generally good Defensive mon who appreciates chip damage immunity, fitting on many balance teams and being a generally good glue. It may also be a pretty decent Calm Mind mon, as that is substantially better in this metagame and coupled with Recovery, Clef could very easily get out of hand. Lastly, Wish may be very helpful in more defensively oriented teams tomake up for this meta's general lack of recovery.

Verdict: Viable for sure

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Teleport

Clefable @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

:rs/latias:
Latias is kind of disgustingly good. Probably our main Psychic answer atm, Latias makes her way through CalmMind, Recover and Mystical Fire to take very little damage while dishing out some decently strong hits. Being weak to Bug does make it not that great of a defensive mon, but given what else is currently shaping up to be good in this meta, Latias may be a very good pick. That said though, there's also a lot of viable Dragons right now, so maybe I am overhyping Latias' defensive potential a little.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Mystical Fire
- Psychic

:rs/swampert:
Swampert should be no surprise here. Its excellent defensive type combined with great bulk and Flip Turn make it a very interesting defensive option. Its main set has taken a bit of a hit from Legends' mechanic changes, notably Stealth Rock is no longer a hazard and Scald's Burn is not permanent. Still, Swampert retains its role as a defensive pivot that can dish out some serious damage, and even with temporary statuses, it works well as a wall. Swampert is also most likely the best defensive Ground in the tier. I don't really have much to go in depth here other than noting it forms a nice core with Skarmory, as they can cover one another's weaknesses fairly well and Swampert can really threaten out Magnezone.

Verdict: Almost certainly viable

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Flip Turn
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

1657957334891.png

If Skarmory is not your thing, Magcargo is another great defensive steel with recovery and an arguably much better movepool at the cost of being much slower and leaning more towards Sp Def sets instead. Its abilities are also fairly nice, most notably Mirror Armour scaring some Intimidate users. Most notably though, as pointed out in its submission, it is a fantastic check to some Psychics, resting their STAB, being immune to the common Focus Blast and threatening them out with its own Ghost STAB. Its signature move is also pretty good, as it generally gives it a good shot at lowering the opponent's offensive presence, but a bit like Skarmory, Magcargo too is a little passive and short on moves to run.

Magcargo-Hoenn @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Clear Smog
- Eerie Reflection

:rs/milotic:
Another candidate for our main Bulky Water, Milotic stands out mostly through its access to Recover. Coil is also great here as it is nearly an omniboost, turning Milotic into a very potent mon both defensively and offensively, while also being able to run stuff like Hydro Pump more accurately now. Other than that it gives you pretty standard defensive Water tools in Scald and Flip Turn, and has some interesting other tools in Haze and Dragon Tail.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Coil
- Recover
- Scald
- Ice Beam

:rs/arcanine:
I believe our main defensive Fire, Arcanine makes great use of Intimidate and Teleport to become a great defensive pivot. While not great recovery, Morning Sun is still somewhat valuable. Other than that it just generally has good stats, being on the higher end of the speed tier for the metagame and offensive stats that make it not be too passive.

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Teleport
- Flamethrower
- Morning Sun

:rs/skarmory:
As mentioned above, Skarmory is a great partner for Swampert and is one of the tier's main candidates for a defensive Steel, with a massive point in its favour being Roost, as Steels with recovery are generally rare here. Body Press is a huge tool in its kit that allows it to not be too passive, while Iron Head helps to ramp up that damage while now also having the bonus of helping with its Special Defense. owever, Skarmory does have a pretty big flaw in that its movepool is rather barren. Other than the must-pick Roost and Body Press, you are rather short on options, lacking many ways to pressure the opponent. Iron Defense is a serviceable tool but the Iron Defense + Body Press combo is relevantly weaker when boosts cap at +1, and it also does not have means of pivotting. The enxt best thing I could suggest would be running something like Spikes or Stealth Rock to at least chip the opponent somewhat.

Verdict: May be viable, not entirely sure

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Spikes

1657958942255.png

A really weird choice at first, but the change to how Stats work means Intimidate can rewrite a mon's role entirely. With pretty respectable 117 Atk, Krookodile is more or less free to run more defensive investmeants without fearing being passive. Notably, AV with max Sp Def is able to withstand some powerful coverage such as Alakazam's Focus Blast (4HKO if Timid) while also immediately threatening them out and crippling switch-ins with Knock. Notably, it becomes a pretty decent switch-in to Alakazam, Spectrosphere, Girafgiraf, Hoopa and the Latis, and I feel that given the lack of competition, we can make it work as a defensively oriented Dark. Lastly I want to mention Stealth Rock could cripple some Flying or Ice switch-ins as well.

Krookodile @ Assault Vest
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

:rs/tentacruel:
Tentacruel is the second to last Water mon that I want to bring up in this detailed section. With pretty high Speed, good Defenses, access to a pretty nifty combination with the buffed Venoshock + Scald, learning Knock Off, having Haze and having some interesting abilities in Liquid Ooze and Clear Body. I am only not entirely sure of its usefulness due to how many great Psychic-types we do have right now, but in any case, Tentacruel's main draws as a defensive mon with great Speed are still worth mentioning. Might want some speed invests to hit stuff like Gardevoir.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Venoshock

1657999402783.png

Going from one jellyfish to the next, Jellicent has its merit as Strength Sap is an amazing move with the new stat mechanics. It is a little lacking in utility otherwise, but has your typical STAB Scald with access to Will-o-wisp if you want to be more consistent and STAB Hex to help it not be too passive either.

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
Calm Nature
- Strength Sap / Recover
- Scald
- Hex
- Toxic

1657998646459.png

If Clefable does indeed end up banned, meet its replacement right here. With good tools such as Calm Mind, Wish and Mystical Fire, Sylveon is a pretty decent defensive option. Not much else to say that can't just be understood from looking at its main set so I'll be brief here.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Mystical Fire
- Hyper Voice

Now for some honorable mentions, Pokémon who I think have at least some slight form of defensive utility but I have my doubts about them being ran defensively or in OU at all; or their defensive utility is only useful in a specific team archetype:

:rs/registeel:
Registeel's a decent defensive Steel thanks to its raw stats, but has little in the way of actual utility. May be one of the few mons to make use of the new Rest/Drowzy mechanics since it can shrug off hits with relative ease, but I'm unsure of what all it even tries to run to threaten the opponent.

:rs/steelix:
Similar to Registeel, but it has enough offensive stats to not be passive and stuff like Dragon Tail for utility at the cost of much lower special bulk.

:rs/vileplume:
Strength Sap is another defensive option greatly buffed by the new mechanics, as it now lowers both offensive stats as well. Not only that, but Drowsy status makes foes have weaker defenses and Venoshock works with every status effect now, as well as status being able to overwrite eachother. All of this means that Vileplume has a decent shot at viability, despite its below average bulk. It's the best Grass with Strength Sap and this metagame is filled with Waters. However, this one is also really dicey given the big amount of Psychics in the meta and its relatively low starting bulk. Not entirely sure if it'll be viable or if it even prefers to be a defensive mon over being a breaker, but felt like it could be interesting to bring up to see if it sparks anyone's creativity.

1657958393110.png

Alomomola will most likely be a Stall staple, as this is a meta where consistent recovery moves are rather rare and it can pass fat Wishes while also getting a lot of HP back with Regen in the process.

:rs/shedinja:
Shedinja can pull off its usual Stall niche here, but now also doesn't have to worry about SR/Spikes.

:dp/gastrodon:
If you don't want to compromisse between Swampert's type or Milotic's recovery, meet their bootleg offspring. It doesn't have as good stats as either of its competitors, but is still pretty valuable on its own as a Water-Immune Water/Ground with Recover.

:rs/ludicolo:
One of the mons I'm least sure about, but a Water with Leech Seed has its own merit. Probably not as good as the other defensive Waters though.

:rs/cradily:
Cradily does have a pretty bad typing, but I felt like mentioning as its one of the few Grasses with Recover. Probably not that great though.

:rs/salamence:
Much like Krookodile and Arcanine, Salamence's defensive utility comes entirely from Intimidate. combined with Flying-Type and Roost, it may become a decent defensive option.

1657999683987.png

Great defensive stats, great abilities, pretty good movepool. Only not sure if it'd be a good defensive mon because of the tier being overrun with Dragons and Psychics.

:dp/drapion:
Great typing and might be one of the only defensive Darks we have, but very little utility in moves.

:rs/vaporeon:
Good Water on paper with Flip Turn and fat Wishes, but may have a lot of competition as a bulky Water.

The Punchy Stuff

Now that we have an idea of what the defensive mons might be, let's see what's trying to kill them. Legends' new Stat Boost mechanics have helped quite a few mons, and the reduced metagame does make for some pretty interesting power levels at play, some of which might be a bit too powerful compared to what else we have.

:rs/alakazam:
Thanks to the general lack of Darks, Alakazam is in a pretty neat spot in the metagame. Massive Speed, great Sp Atk and access to some pretty nifty moves in Nasty Plot/Calm Mind, Thunder Wave to cripple switches it forces, and decent coverage with Shadow Ball helping out against Magcargo and opposing Psychics. Zam isn't much different in this meta than it is in other metas, just that now it may opt for Calm Mind over Nasty Plot in a few sets (Nasty Plot does last for longer though which is probably more relevantfor a frail mon like this).

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

1658009646536.png

Given that out of the three most common types, two are Dragon and Psychic, Hydreigon is in a perfect spot. Dragon Dance now also works for Special sets, making Hydra a massive threat. Draco Meteor is slightly better here as the Sp Atk drops cap out at -1, and other than that, there's a noticeable lack of Fairies in the meta. May be banworthy later on.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon / U-turn

:rs/latios:
We've talked about a very strong Psychic and a very strong Dragon, lets meet in the middle and do one that's both of those. Latios cans witch into the many Psychics of the meta while being able to set up very easily and threaten out common Psychic answers with Shadow Ball. And in the back it still holds a very powerful 130 BP STAB that almost nothing can switch in against. Just generally a really powerful mon that may actually be banworthy.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Shadow Ball / Mystical Fire
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic

:rs/gyarados:
With Intimidate and Dragon Dance both being buffed, Gyarados is great here. Don't need to ramble too much on why it can do good. You can p much just slap its modern set and swap out Moxie for Intim. Hurricane can work as a stab option as well, given Dragon Dance will also boost Sp Atk, but that would require some EV tangling to get more efficient spreads

Gyarados @ Mystic Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang / Hurricane
- Power Whip

:rs/metagross:
Metagross' role is a mix of offense and deffense, having its best utility in switching in against Psychics and Dragons to then hit them hard and remove them from the field. Bullet Punch is also very important for Speed Control and Clear Body helps with all of Strength Sap, Mystical Fire and Intimidate. Overall a very solid mon.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Toxic

1658015997449.png

Almost 150 Atk, sits at the higher end of the Speed Tier, gets DD, gets First Impression to scare out the many Psychics going around, fairies are rare. Honestly can run either band or DD and still be very good.

Haxorus @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- First Impression
- Poison Jab

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Poison Jab

1658015354023.png

Its conk. I don't need to say much. It is very notable that since status are temporary, it has to keep its Flame Orb if it wants to run Guts sets. Other than that, its your good ol' Conk, may struggle a little with the Psychics but I'm very sure this is gonna be a top tier mon.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

:rs/gardevoir:
Gardevoir is one of our best offensive Psychics thanks to its Fairy typing giving it some excellent matchups against the tier's various Dragons. Notably, Calm Mind + Mystical Fire makes a return and its main STAB also has a 30% chance to lower Offenses. Solid mon.

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Mystical Fire

Jynx-Hoenn.png

Another pretty good Calm Mind user, Jynx' STAB combo is pretty much only resisted by Water, which it can use Energy Ball to hit. Lovely Kiss is also worth mentioning. Generally a pretty straightforward Ice mon whom I think that with great Speed Tier and pretty good Special Attack will be one of our best Ice options around.

Jynx-Hoenn (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sirene Voice
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Sparkling Aria
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Jynx-Hoenn (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sirene Voice
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Sparkling Aria
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Spectrosphere.png

Spectrosphere is one of the tier's fastest mons and its typing offers it a positive matchup against two of three most common types. 100 base Sp Atk might seem a bit mediocre at first but its excellent typing makes up for that, and with a general lack of Darks, Spectro's Ghost STABs are gonna hit hard. It is, in my opinion, the best Ghost we have right now. Its Water coverage also allows it to hit opposing Grounds pretty hard, and it has enough bulk and speed where running Calm Mind may be a viable strategy, potentially with Slack Off even.

Spectrosphere @ Choice Specs
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Storm In
- Trick

Spectrosphere @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Scald / Slack Off
- Calm Mind

Tyranitar-Hoenn.png

Rock/Fire is a pretty cool STAB combo, and its stats allow it to run Dragon Dance pretty neatly. Its signature move is pretty hard to switch into, given the consequential chip damage that comes with it, and thanks to Grassy Surge, Bullet Seed can genuinely threaten Waters from switching in. Grassy Surge also does wonders in halving Earthquake damage, patching up a pretty big weak spot, although that also means Tyranitar itself can't run Earthquake very well.

Tyranitar-Hoenn @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Tephra Burst
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Seed

Bellossom-Hoenn.png

With access to a temporary Omniboost, Strenght Sap, Sleep Powder and a really good ability in Remaining Hope, Bellossom should be a very decent mon. It is, however, held back by its stats and pretty shallow coverage, as well as having a bit of a 4MSS issue where it needs to run QD, wants to run a lot of its utility moves and still have room for what little coverage it has. Still, though, despite those flaws, its the best QD mon and I would not instantly disregard this mon for its somewhat middling stats.

Bellossom-Hoenn @ Leftovers
Ability: Remaining Hope
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Strength Sap / Sleep Powder
- Fiery Dance / Moonblast
- Petal Dance

:dp/roserade:
Roserade loves the changes that Legends does to its moves. Leaf Storm has less of a penalty, it can run Swords Dance, Spikes effectively becomes coverage, Sleep Powder is great for breaking past walls. Generally just a really good Grass mon in a meta full of fat Waters.

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Spikes

1658024192588.png

In a psychic-filled meta, Zoroark sounds like one of the most important mons to have around as it makes your opponent second-guess whether their Psychic mons are safe or not. As for Zoro itself, it sits at a pretty high Speed Tier and has an interesting boosting option in Hone Claws making its Focus Blast more accurate. STAB Sucker Punch is great to rid of faster Psychic threats like Alakazam as well.

Zoroark @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Illusion
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

:rs/crawdaunt:
Lots of Psychics means lots of opportunities for Crawdaunt to wreck shit. It otherwise runs a pretty standard Crawdaunt set. Not quite sure if it hits OU levels but its definitely a mon to try out

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

:rs/breloom:
Hey do you want a move with 100% accuracy that makes the foe's defenses lower and make it so the foe loses a few turns? Here's the better of two Spore mons. Mach Punch is kind of cool for Speed Control but other than that I am unsure if Breloom will make it to OU.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch

:rs/kingdra:
Critdra is back woooo. Few Fairies means it can pretty reliably just do its thing. Not many set-up opportunities but its a mon worth mentioning.

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Modest Nature
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Agility

girafgiraf.png

Girafgiraf has the advantage of being a Psychic with Ghost STAB, threatening Magcargo. Its a fairly customizeable mon too, with three pretty decent abilities and potential to run either Physical (Harder-Hitting Psychic STAB, no Ghost STAB, Crunch hits Magcargo harder) or Special (Less powerful Psychic STAB but has Ghost STAB and Energy Ball for Krookodile). The one big issue I can see with this mon is that it is very similar to Hoopa, but trades Power for Speed and useful abilities.

Girafgiraf @ Life Orb
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
- Toxic
- Calm Mind

Girafgiraf @ Life Orb
Ability: Two Headded / Inner Focus
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

1658022360317.png

Hoopa is the tier's hardest-hitting Pokémon at 150 Sp Atk with pretty good STABs to back it up, as well as means of boosting stats. Its main drawback is 70 Speed, but in a metagame where the Speed Tiers fluctuate more around the 90s than the 100s, that's still relatively usable. None of our defensive mons can really consistently switch in against Specs Hoopa (and even then it can just Trick them) and Hoopa iself has respectable Special bulk, only really being frail out of a poor defensive type. Its similarities to Girafgiraf is the reason why both of them are listed on "Not Sure", as I believe one will take off while the other will fall behind.

Hoopa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Now for some honorable mentions, Pokémon who I think have at least some slight form of offensive utility but I have my doubts about them being ran offensively or in OU at all; or their offensive utility is only useful in a specific team archetype:

:rs/azumarill:
Huge Power is still great but Belly Drum is hugely nerfed and the meta is filled with Waters right now.

:dp/froslass:
Ice/Ghost is a really good STAB combo for this meta as very little actually resists the combo, and Froslass can probably find itself some niche usage as a decent Ice mon, but generally has a lacking movepool and still pretty low offensive stats.

:rs/starmie:
Its a very fine mon on paper, but has lots of competition, so I am not sure if it manages to stand out.

:rs/masquerain:
The one other QD mon that may be usable thanks to Intimidate facilitating Set Up and getting some coverage, but still a very mediocre mon overall.

1658025060956.png

A poor man's Mega Swampert.

1658025197399.png

Good stats for Intimidate and has Sand potential but generally bad offensive movepool.

:rs/hitmontop:
Another decent Intimidate user, but has pretty poor HP so it may just not end up very good.

:rs/sharpedo:
Relatively fast for the meta and pretty hard to outspeed after a single turn, Dark STAB is very good in here as well, but it is frail and most likely dies if it fails to KO a foe. No way to boost damage is also pretty sad.

:rs/flygon:
Garchomp is most likely banned, so there's a chance for this to step up for once, although it doesn't really compare to the other viable Dragons that well.

:rs/machamp:
If Conk goes, this is probably our next Fighting option.

:dp/gallade:
Generally decent stats but loses to the two main Steels.

:rs/sceptile:
Unburden + Grassy Seed could prove a deadly core with Tyranitar.

The Support Stuff

Lastly, I'll go over Pokémon who are mostly on a team to support other mons or to do one specific role. I feel like this is the bit least influenced by the new mechanics but heavily influenced by the mons we have available to us. As these usually have very specific sets to the roles they're trying to do, I'll only go over the descriptions and the viability prediction.

:rs/jirachi:
Jirachi is insanely versatile, being able to run pretty much whatever the hell it wants to. Scarf, Wishpasisng, Setting up stats, it just kind of is its own category. Don't need to go too deep with this one's description, instantly viable mon.

:rs/pelipper:
Pelipper is the tier's main Rain enabler, being paired with Seismitoad for a very bizarre Rain core (You can try to throw in Armaldo or Beartic too, but those I'm not too confident about). Pelipper itself still holds its own as a decently strong mon, hitting Rain-boosted Water STAB and Hurricanes gallore. Really appreciates lack of your typical Stealth Rock since it can now freely run Damp Rock.

1658026148879.png

Our only Sand setter. Gigalith is a generally decent Rock mon, having the raw bulk to tank some damage before going down. Its pretty much guaranteed a niche as its the only Sandstorm enabler, but its not like running it on your team makes you play a 5v6. As for Sand itself, Stoutland looks like the main abuser and Sandslash can be a very poor man's excadrill.

:rs/torkoal:
Rounding off the Weather Setters, we have Torkoal, who also massively appreciates the lack of Stealth Rock. It does struggle a bit to do much on the field now that it can't spin or set rocks, but it still does its sun-setting role better than ever, probably paired with Bellossom.

1658028383231.png

With Spikes and SR being gone, people may start letting down their boots' guard - And that's when the spider sets its trap. While Sticky Web itself is somewhat nerfed given the temporary stat boosts, it's still at a very comfortable position thanks to the general lack of hazards so people prepare less, and Galvantula itself being a pretty neat mon as its STABs threaten two very good typings, Compound Eyes Thunder being a thing and having Energy Ball for the likes of Swampert.

:rs/espeon:
Espeon is a great Screens setter thanks to Magic Bounce preventing Taunt, and Espeon itself is at a fine spot since itt has pretty good stats and Psychic + shadow Ball already covers a lot of what it wants to hit.

1658028655356.png

Klefki is the other premiere Screens mon, as to be expected. Priority Calm Mind is pretty cool here and its one of the rare viable Fairies around, so I'm sure some teams will find a place for it to fit in.

:rs/jolteon:
Jolteon is a decently usable mon to clear out the higher ends of our Speed Tiers. What I'm mostly picturing for it is mostly just cleaning out weakened foes, particularly Psychic, with Shadow Ball, working as a Revenge Killer of sorts.

:rs/crobat:
Same idea, fast mon that can outspeed most of the meta and pick out weakened foes, at cost of lower Atk for stronger STAB and U-Turn chunking the Psychics.

:rs/altaria:
Really weird pick and might be a stretch, but it seems to at least handle some of the Weather mons relatively well. Probably overhyping this one a lot though.

:rs/ninetales:
Usually considered the inferior Sun Setter, may have a shot if you really want a secondary setter but Torkoal should always be your primary setter. Does make Sun the only weather to have more than one setter so that's cool.

Whew that was plenty. Can't wait to be proven wrong on like half of these as soon as the meta drops. May have missed a few mons but I hope I could scope out the more relevant stuff

A really weird choice at first, but the change to how Stats work means Intimidate can rewrite a mon's role entirely. With pretty respectable 117 Atk, Krookodile is more or less free to run more defensive investmeants without fearing being passive. Notably, AV with max Sp Def is able to withstand some powerful coverage such as Alakazam's Focus Blast (4HKO if Timid) while also immediately threatening them out and crippling switch-ins with Knock. Notably, it becomes a pretty decent switch-in to Alakazam, Spectrosphere, Girafgiraf, Hoopa and the Latis, and I feel that given the lack of competition, we can make it work as a defensively oriented Dark. Lastly I want to mention Stealth Rock could cripple some Flying or Ice switch-ins as well.

Krookodile @ Assault Vest
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
Doesn't AV prevent you from running stealth rock?

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Aight I see some people who are new to the mod a bit confusied with what all PLA changed and what we're keeping from that game, so here's a post going over all the different things that you'll have to adapt to, as well as my own thoughts later down the line on what we should adapt as a mod that is meshing two pretty different game styles:

1. Volatile Statuses

Confusion

To start off getting rid of any confusion, this mod got rid of Confusion. Legends simply does not have this status and we will follow suit.

Primed

This is a volatile status that boosts the user's Damage by 50%. Double Hit is now a status move that sets this status for 5 turns.

Fixated

This is a volatile status that boosts the user's damage by 50% if using the same move the user used on the previous turn, but while Fixated, user will take 1.33x more damage. This status goes away if the user uses a different move. This status is set by the moves Outrage, Petal Dance, Rollout, Ice Ball and Storm In.

Splinters

This is a kind of volatile status that deals type-based damage over time on the target. This damage is equal to if the user used a (max roll) 25 Base Power move on the target (This damage is unnafected by stat boosts or abilities). Very importantly, Stelath Rock, Spikes and Pin Missile are reqorked into 40 BP Physical Attacks that set splinters of their respective types, meaning that Stealth Rock and Spikes are no longer hazards. This effect is also set by the new move Tephra Burst.

Focus Energy

Same effects as usual, but only lasts for 5 turns.

2. Non-Volatile Statuses

General Information

Status last 3 or 5 turns depending on how they are set on the target. Status effects set by status moves, such as Will-o-Wisp, Toxic or Thunder Wave, last for 5 turns. Status effects set by offensive moves, such as Scald, Sludge Bomb or Discharge, last for 3 turns. (Except, for some reason, Poison Sting, which is still an attacking move but its poison lasts for 5 turns)

Status Effects can override one another, meaning that if you use Discharge against a Poisoned opponent, there is a chance that they will get Paralyzed and no longer be poisoned. Status effects can also override themselves, in which case, the turn counter simply resets.

Drowsy

This is a non-volatile status that replaces Sleep. While the user has this status, there is a 33% chance of being unable to move in a turn (similar to Paralyzis); which goes up to 50% under Hail. While the user has this status, they will also take 1.33x damage from attacks. Wild Charge, Spark and Volt Tackle cure the user's Drowsiness before attacking.

Frostbite

This is a non-volatile status that replaces Freeze, and is essentially a Special clone of Burn, where the user takes 1/12 max HP worth of damage at the end of a turn and the damage of their Special Attacks is halved. Under Hail, attacks are more likely to cause Frostbite. Moves that have the Defrost tag will heal the user's Frostbite before attacking, or the target's frostbite if they are hit.

3. Stat Boosts

General Information

Stat Boosts cap out at +/- 1.

Atk/Sp Atk and Def/Sp Def are boosted together respectively as Offense and Guard boosts. This essentially means that Nasty Plot = Swords Dance, for instance, or Bulk Up = Calm Mind.

Stat Boosts are temporary and last for 3 to 5 turns. How long they last depends on how they were set
  • Status moves that only affect a single stat, such as Leer, Swords Dance, Iron Defense, Cosmic Power or Work Up, last for 5 turns.
  • Status moves that affect two stats, such as Bulk Up, Calm Mind, Dragon Dance or Hone Claws, last for 4 turns.
  • Offensive moves that affect stats through secondary effects, such as Moonblast, Flame Charge, Leaf Storm or Liquidation, last for 3 turns.

Other

General Move Changes

• X-Scissor and Dragon Claw have an increased Crit Ratio.
  • Self-Destruct deals 80% of User's HP in recoil as opposed to making the user faint.
  • Rest heals the user for 75% of user's max HP (rounded down) and make user Drowsy for 4 turns.
  • Venoshock is affected by any stat instead of being limited to Poison.
  • Hidden Power changes type to always be super-effective against the foe (lmao)
  • Any move that used to have a 10% chance to trigger its secondary effect now has 20% instead. The exceptions to this are the Elemental Punches, Powder Snow and Blizzard, all of whom have 30% instead.

This should be everything! May look like a lot to re-learn but I'm sure that after playing a few games you'll get the hang of it. The rest of the post is just me giving some opinions and ideas on how to mix some of the PLA with Vanilla stuff.

With Legends not having every move that we have here, and not having items/abilities at all, we have to take some creative liberties on how some things should be adapted.

- Some of the moves that used to set Freeze to be changed to have an increased chance to set Frostbite as that is not as strong as Freeze; and after that, determine by how much Hail should increase Frostbite chance.

- I think Statuses and Stat Changes caused by Abilities should only last for 3 turns.

- On a similar vein, I think Stat Changes caused by berries and other items should only last for 4 turns, with Ripen increasing that to 6 turns.

- Status moves that raise 3 or more stats, those right now being Quiver Dance and Coil, to only last for 3 turns.

Onto more specific stuff:

- Not entirely sure what to do with Toxic Spikes, but for now I say we keep it as a hazard.
- Sticky Web's Speed Drop and Toxic Spike's Poison to last for 4 turns.
- Not entirely sure on this but I think it'd be interesting to discuss the idea of Icicle Spear to 40 BP move that sets Ice Splinters akin to Pin Missile. Just spitballing though.

- Belly Drum should cut the user's HP by 33% or 25%; then max out Offensefor 5 turns and make the user Primed for 5 turns.

- Thrash and Fury Cutter should be added to the list of Fixated moves.
- Outrage, Thrash and Petal Dance should be reduced to 90 BP to be balanced around the new Fixated effect.

- Explosion and Misty Explosion to have the same effect as Self-Destruct.

- Tangled Feet to increase user's Speed while Fixated?

- Own Tempo to be Intimidate Immunity + Cannot be Fixated

- Guts to be unnafected by Frostbite's Special Attack drop; also to now work with Frostbite and Drowsyness

- Anger Point to maxing user's Offense for 5 turns and make the user Primed for 5 turns.

- Weakness Policy toto maxing user's Offense for 4 turns and make the user Primed for 4 turns.

- Fell Stinger, if activated, makes the user Primed for 3 turns.

- Not sure what to do with Stockpile nor Chatter but felt it was relevant to be brought up.

- Cut and Solar Blade to also have a high crit ratio?

- Growth under Sunlight to also set Primed possibly.

- Add Power Shift from PLA (The user swaps its offensive and defensive stats.) and maybe distribute it to some hoenn dudes (sounds hilarious on Regis

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
For any outsiders to our Discord server, don't worry, this mod hasn't been abandoned! Playtesting and looks into resolving bugs and incorporating more PLA mechanics as described in the above AquaticPanic post are going on right this moment.

This post in particular is here to communicate what I would consider a rather urgently-needed retool: Petal Dance, Outrage and any other moves that now inflict the Fixated status are to be reduced to 90 BP. At 120 the benefits and costs are simply too lopsided in favor of the former, allowing for absurd rampages by the likes of Haxorus and Garchomp that nothing other than our deeply limited Fairy roster can withstand. Yeah this is mainly for Outrage, but we might as well nerf other similar moves for consistency and to pre-empt any other silliness.

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
With some testing being done and battles being played, I worked tonight on a simple Role Compendium to help with teambuilding. Thought I would share so anyone can suggest edits to it.

UTILITY

Entry Hazards

Sticky Web -

Toxic Spikes -

Jagged Splinters

Stealth Rock -
ttarhoenn.png

Spikes -

Pin Missile -

Tephra Burst -
ttarhoenn.png

Clerics

Heal Bell / Aromatherapy -
|

Healing Wish -

Wish -

Other

Knock Off - Utility -

Knock Off - Offensive -

Trick / Switcheroo -

OFFENSIVE

Wallbreakers

Physical -
ttarhoenn.png

Special -

Mixed -

Choice Items

Choice Band -
ttarhoenn.png

Choice Specs -

Choice Scarf -

Setup Sweepers

Belly Drum -

Bulk Up / Calm Mind -
|

Dragon Dance -

Meteor Beam -

Swords Dance / Nasty Plot -

Quiver Dance -
bellossomhoenn.png

Priority

Aqua Jet -

Bullet Punch -

Extreme Speed -

Mach Punch -

Shadow Sneak -

Sucker Punch -

Fixated

Outrage -

Petal Dance -
bellossomhoenn.png

Thrash -

Storm In -

DEFENSIVE

Walls

Physically Defensive -

Specially Defensive -
ttarhoenn.png

Mixed -

Pivots

Offensive -

Defensive -

WEATHER

Hail

Snow Warning - NONE LOL
Slush Rush -

Rain

Drizzle -

Swift Swim -

Rain Abusers -

Sand

Sand Stream -

Sand Rush -

Sun

Drought -

Chlorophyll -
bellossomhoenn.png

Sun Abusers -

TRICK ROOM

Trick Room Setters -

Trick Room Abusers -

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Tournament!
What?
Yes.

Where?
http(s)://dragonheaven.herokuapp.com

When?
2 PM EST this FRIDAY BABY!!!! If attendance ain't good enough, same time on Saturday. If still no good, we'll try one more time on Sunday, maybe shuffling around time.

Format?
Round Robin. Gotta get as many battles in as possible baby!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Alright, we've put this off long enough.

1660678337076.png

Slate 3: Starter Trio
Guidelines are pretty simple for this one. Submit a trio of three stage FWG Starter Pokemon with the final stage being a regional form that keeps the primary type! Yknow, just like Legends Arceus.

One thing for everyone to keep in mind is that when voting comes, you'll be voting for each trio as a whole unit. Make sure to keep this in mind when submitting!

You got a week, have fun gang.

:sm/torterra:
Type: Grass/Fairy
Abilities: Overgrow/Serene Grace
Stats: 95/75/85/109/105/56 (Attack and Special Attack swapped; Defense and Special Defense swapped)
New Moves: Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough, Recover, Calm Mind, Misty Terrain, Guarding Arches
Name: Guarding Arches
Power: N/A
Accuracy: -%
PP: 10
Category: Status
Type: Fairy
Effect: Protects the user from status moves for 5 turns
Removed Moves: All Ground-type moves, Iron Tail
Flavor: Based on the Shinto Arch Temples and cherry blossom trees
:sm/emboar:
Type: Fire/Steel
Abilities: Blaze/Steely Spirit
Stats: 110/123/100/65/65/65 (Defense and Special Attack swapped)
New Moves: Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, Smelted Strike
Name: Smelted Strike
Power: 90
Accuracy: 90%
Category: Physical
Type: Steel
Effect: Has a 20% chance of causing a burn
Removed Moves: All Poison- and Ground-type moves
Flavor: Based on Demon King Ganon, Zhu Baije, and blacksmiths

:sm/feraligatr:
Type: Water/Fighting
Abilities: Torrent/Moxie
Stats: 85/105/78/79/83/100 (Defense and Speed swapped)
New Moves: Close Combat, Cross Chop, Drain Punch, Dynamic Punch, Storm Throw, Submission, Tidal Rush
Name: Tidal Rush
Power: 120
Category: Physical
Type: Water
Effect: Does 1/3rd recoil damage to user, has a 10% chance to lower opponent's Speed
Removed Moves: Dragon Dance
Flavor: Based on various kinds of Japanese martial arts, particularly judo and karate

Last edited:

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
reserving

Name - Rillaboom
Type - Grass/Steel
Abilities - Overgrow / Cotton Down
Stats - 100/115/90/70/80/65
New Moves - Cotton Guard, Bullet Punch, Gyro Ball, Gigant Hammer
Gigant Hammer - Steel - 80 BP - 100 Acc - Physical - Lowers target's Speed.
Removed Moves
- Boomburst, Darkest Lariat, Hyper Voice, Superpower
Analysis - Slow Pivot that takes tons of hits, but lacks recovery outside Rest. Provides speed debuffs for allies.
Lore - TBD, based on Otsuchi.

Name - Charizard
Type - Fire/Dark
Abilities - Blaze / Marvel Scale
Stats - 73/94/93/104/75/95
New Moves - Pursuit, Nasty Plot, Fake Out, Whirlwind, Wicked Flame
Wicked Flame - Dark - 80 BP - 100 Acc - Special - User becomes Fixated.
Removed Moves
- Defog, Dual Wingbeat, Fly, Hurricane, Roost
Analysis - Mixed sweeper with a viable speed tier and utility movepool. Marvel Scale makes being sleepy worth it. Eats snails for breakfast.
Lore - TBD, based on Khakkara

Name - Greninja
Type - Water/Poison
Abilities - Torrent / Merciless
Stats - 82/85/67/103/71/122
New Moves - Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Vaccuum Wave, Dual Slash
Dual Slash - Poison - 50 BP - 100 Acc - Special - Hits twice. Each hit has a 20% chance to cause poison.
Removed Moves
- Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Shadow Sneak
Analysis - Top tier speed combined with abusing Merciless + Dual Slash. Outspeeds Spectrosphere and Garchomp (good).
Lore - TBD, based on Sai

Last edited:
:ss/venusaur:
Pokémon: Venusaur-Hoenn
Typing: Grass / Steel
Abilities: Overgrow / Solar Power
Stats: 80 / 82 / 88 / 105 / 100 / 70
New Moves: + Refracted Raze(1.3x power in sun), Flash Cannon, Steel Beam, Iron Head, Heavy Slam, Gyro Ball, Iron Defense, Metal Sound
Name: Refracting Raze
Base Power: 90
Type: Steel
Effect: This move has 1.3x power in Sun
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): None
Removed Moves: N/A
Flavor: Represents the lower class in medieval culture (the working class). Armored dinosaur like an Ankylosaurus, with its flower petals resembling solar panels, while it’s leaves are a darker green and somewhat metallic. that absorb the sun. Oftentimes it’s dependable nature is taken for granted since it’s extremely good at carrying large loads or transporting people which was harder to do in the past (no vehicles really). If angered though, they may rampage until the sun sets and they lose energy.

“Provided boundless energy by the sun, this Pokémon lends itself to those in need. However, if it is not allowed to rest, it will rebel.”

:ss/delphox:
Pokémon: Delphox-Hoenn
Typing: Fire / Ground
Abilities: Blaze / Sand Spit
Stats: 75 / 64 / 87 / 114 / 90 / 104
New Moves: + Clawing Quicksand(lowers speed), Earth Power, Earthquake, Shore Up, Spikes, Scorching Sands, Sand Attack, Sand Tomb, Stealth Rock
Name: Clawing Quicksand
Base Power: 80
Type: Ground
Effect: 100% chance to lower the foe’s Speed by 1.
Removed Moves: - Trick Room, Future Sight, Role Play
Flavor: Represents the middle class in medieval culture (craftsmen, merchants, etc.). A sage/genie-based Pokémon who lives in the heart of the desert, being able to control sand. It’s got a somewhat elderly look to it, being more wizard-like as opposed to witch-like with the base design. Its magic wand is more of a magic cane now, which it often leans on, and its outfit has a more sandy (more dreary in color I suppose) and raggedy look to it. As stated in its Pokédex entry, it is well-known for acting like a sort of merchant, being able to smelt items for it and others, which allows it to be extremely versatile to trainers. It has a calm and well-meaning demeanor.

“This Pokémon is a master crafter. It is able to use sand and fire to create various items for itself and others.”

:ss/empoleon:
Pokémon: Empoleon-Hoenn
Typing: Water / Fighting
Abilities: Torrent / Swift Swim
Stats: 84 / 86 / 103 / 111 / 86 / 60
New Moves: + Usurping Slice (hits ghost types), Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Close Combat, Circle Throw, Superpower, Submission, Flip Turn
Name: Usurping Slice
Base Power: 85
Type: Fighting
Effect: This move hits Ghost-types (not super effectively - it just hits them)
Removed Moves: - Flash Cannon, Iron Defense, Steel Wing
Flavor: Represents the upper class in medieval hierarchies (rulers specifically). Based on Greek war generals, and its crown takes the appearance of something more akin to a Roman war helmet here. The “metal” on this Pokemon becomes red, and its flippers are sharper, resembling swords. The white part on its body is a light blue, similar to the color Prinplup has on its lower body, and looks more like designs seen on Greek armor/shields. Similar to base Empoleon, it is very egotistical and will do anything in its power to establish dominance. It is different in the sense that it acts more of a commander of sorts to those around it.

“This Pokemon has a high opinion of itself. It may attempt to command those around it to follow its orders.”
may add some reference photos later but it’s a bit harder to do on mobile.

Last edited:

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
:meganium:
meganiumhoenn.png
meganiumhoenn-shiny.png

Pokémon: Meganium-Hoenn
Typing: Grass / Fairy
Abilities: Overgrow / Flower Veil
Stats: 81/62/109/93/109/61 (525 BST)

New Moves: Blooming Grace, Recover, Moonblast, Knock Off, Teleport
Name: Blooming Grace
Base Power: -
Type: Fairy
Effect: Hits 2 turns after being used. Heals 50% of the user's max HP and increases defence+spdef by 1 stage
Removed Moves: Outrage, Stomping Tantrum

Description: A fairly straight forward mixed wall, with some neat utility options with Blooming Grace, Teleport, Knock Off, Leech Seed, and screens. Acts as a fairly reliable check to most of the Dragons in the meta, though it does have to watch out for coverage such as Haxorus's Poison Jab or Mystical Fire from the Lati twins. Flower Veil allows it to shrug off Intimidate and Mystical Fire's offence drops, allowing SpDef sets to reliably threaten out the Lati twins - Latios takes ~55% from an uninvested Moonblast and Calm Mind Latias takes ~40% while dealing ~42% with Mystical Fire, allowing Meganium-Hoenn to stall out its boosts and annoy it with Leech Seed. SpDef sets can also deal with other threats such as Spectrosphere (beware Taunt/Trick), Alakazam, and Gardevoir, while Def sets can deal with Crawdaunt, Krookodile, Conkeldurr kind of (avoid Facade), and PJab-less Garchomp(!). Hell you could probably find a way to run AV if you really wanted to. I'm not the boss of you. Do what you want you sick freak.

Flavour-wise Meganium-H is based off Kadō - the way of flowers, and one of the three classical Japanese arts of refinement - alternatively known as Ikebana. Though one would expect it to be selfish and protective of the beautiful flower arrangement that adorns its neck, Meganium-H is actually very eager to allow interested persons to try and modify the arrangements themselves! Meganium-H's breath contains the ability to revive dead plants, which it carefully applies to its arrangement when damaged. It often lives alongside practitioners of Ikebana, forming a symbiotic relationship of sorts: Meganium-H acts as a living vessel for arrangements, and its trainers provide new flowers and protection for Meganium-H

:delphox:
delphoxhoenn.png
delphoxhoenn-shiny.png

Pokémon: Delphox-Hoenn
Typing: Fire / Flying
Abilities: Blaze / Strange Aroma
While this Pokemon is active, all secondary effects are disabled. Haven't tested the interaction with Sheer Force, but I assume that the faster Pokemon's ability will prevail? (ie. if, say, Kingler is faster, Kingler's Sheer Force will active over Strange Aroma
Stats: 75/69/72/114/100/104 (534 BST)

New Moves: Dizzying Fog, Air Slash, Defog, Haze, Recover, Aromatherapy
Name: Dizzying Fog
Base Power: 85
PP: 5
Type: Flying
Effect: Sets a Dizzying Fog on the opponent's side of the field, causing Special Attacks to deal 50% less damage for the next 5 turns. The effect can be removed with Defog
Removed Moves: None

Description: An incredibly disruptive special attacker. Dizzying Fog basically just fucks with the opponent's special attackers while also complimenting its decent SpDef. Offensively its a good Calm Mind sweeper: its Fire/Flying STAB combo is excellent, and additional Ghost and/or Fairy coverage lets it annihilate Psychics and Dragons respectively. Defensively its special bulk is pretty ok, but with the addition of Calm Mind and Dizzying Fog it can tank a lot of special attackers and either heal off the damage or simply murder them in return. Strange Aroma helps Delphox both offensively and defensively, blocking the effects of Mystical Fire and similar moves, while also being disruptive for Sheer Force mons. Idk what else to say here, its just funny fast fox

Delphox-H is based off Kōdō - the way of incense, and one of the three classical Japanese arts of refinement. Unlike its modern day counterpart, Delphox-H do not actually set fire to their sticks. Instead they gently heat them up with heat generated from their palms, using their thick fur as an insulator to keep the wood from burn. Also unlike Kalosian Delphox, their branches are always made out of a specific type of wood. This wood, when heated, produces a purifying aroma that Delphox-H can subtly alter by modifying the temperature and using its own latent psychic abilities. Because of this, the aroma can be one that calms and purifies, or confuses and distracts, which Delphox-H often makes use of in battle

:samurott:
samurotthoenn.png
samurotthoenn-shiny.png

Pokémon: Samurott-Hoenn
Typing: Water / Steel
Abilities: Torrent / Storm Drain
Stats: 95/100/95/108/70/60 (528 BST)

New Moves: Calming Sip, Calm Mind, Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Mystical Fire, Leaf Blade, Leafage
Name: Calming Sip
Base Power: -
Type: Psychic
Effect: Heals 33% of the user's max HP. The user gains 1/16th of its max HP at the end of every turn until they switch out
Removed Moves: None

Description: A potent physical wall, boasting an excellent typing alongside a useful ability and good offences. Samurott-Hoenn possesses a fair amount of relevant resistances, such as Dragon, Psychic, Water, and Fairy which, alongside Calming Sip and Calm Mind, allow Samurott-H to sit on the field forever. Except not really bc slow Speed and key weaknesses to Ground, Fighting, and Electric are very annoying for it, as well as the fact that it'll be competing for the role of Bulky Water with several other viable Waters. Samurott-H holds a decent niche as both a defensive and offensive Water though, while also being a Steel with (sort of) recovery

Samurott-H is based off Chadō - the way of tea, and one of the three classical Japanese arts of refinement. Samurott-H wield two hardened bamboo "weapons"; a thin scoop (a Chashaku) and a circular whisk (a Chasen). Additionally, the bottom half of its.. arm container things, serve as both cups and containers for matcha. Samurott-H uses this equipment to make tea. While Samurott-H might not wield the traditional seamitars (tea-mitars?) of its two counterparts, but don't underestimate it; though its equipment is made of bamboo, they're as hard and as sharp as steel, and Samurott-H is still a fierce opponent to face in battle. Samurott-H is incredibly picky in regards to the quality of its ingredients (it refuses to use water from an outside source), though it will offer to prepare tea for anyone it sees who seems stressed or anxious. Most notably, before facing a tough challenge, Samurott-H will prepare tea for its trainer and the rest of its team in order to calm their nerves

idk its just funny fucking tea otter what do you people want from me

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)