5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Not sure how you figured out you hit the correct Timer0, but yes could do with advances or due to the fact that maybe you don't have all of the grottos filled before the one you're interested in. Possible also the tool is bugged? But I really haven't been keeping up with Pokefinder releases (and is probably more likely the formers)

I'd recommend starting with something easy, like a wild mon with no NPCs or a stationary so you can use the adjacent tool to see what you're actually hitting. More often than not it's Timer0 trolling.
When I tried doing that RNG ages ago, it always failed for me too. Never got the imposter ditto grotto RNG to work.

Not sure how you figured out you hit the correct Timer0, but yes could do with advances or due to the fact that maybe you don't have all of the grottos filled before the one you're interested in. Possible also the tool is bugged? But I really haven't been keeping up with Pokefinder releases (and is probably more likely the formers)

I'd recommend starting with something easy, like a wild mon with no NPCs or a stationary so you can use the adjacent tool to see what you're actually hitting. More often than not it's Timer0 trolling.
thanks man. I gave up haha, I eventually got one to show up but that was from respawning the grotto and using grotto power +3.

Hi this might be really dumb to ask, but back when Black 2 and White 2 were new, they were very challenging to RNG on compared to Black and White 1. Is this still the case or has RNG Reporter gotten better at calculating seeds? I used to have a RNG based breeding factory on my Black 1 but I can't locate it currently and can only find Black 2.

Maybe it was just the Shiny Genocect from the event I was going for but I had to give up, IIRC.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Site Content Manageris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Hi this might be really dumb to ask, but back when Black 2 and White 2 were new, they were very challenging to RNG on compared to Black and White 1. Is this still the case or has RNG Reporter gotten better at calculating seeds? I used to have a RNG based breeding factory on my Black 1 but I can't locate it currently and can only find Black 2.

Maybe it was just the Shiny Genocect from the event I was going for but I had to give up, IIRC.
Still mostly the case in that the Timer0 is still as trolly as ever (and there's no real fix for that). Progress has been made since they were new tho, so I'm sure you'll find things better than they were. Breeding is still jacked up (I want to say the JPN community found out a way around that, but I'm not too sure and the general consensus is still don't bother in bw2.. But if you must, you might be able to find something online on how to do it, sadly Idk myself).

With the looming inevitability of Bank closing at some point after it becomes free and thus cutting off the ability to transfer Pokémon to HOME from the 3DS era and back, I have recently gone back to all of my older games after several years to begin the process of picking up all unclaimed Wonder Card gifts to transfer up. Among these was the Secret Egg event in my Black file, which is a Pidove. Having not performed RNG abuse in several years, I decided to go for the Haze Zekrom and a Meloetta first, since I figured that the Secret Egg might be more challenging. I couldn't find anything concrete on RNG abuse for the Secret Egg anywhere, but after much trial-and-error I managed to successfully RNG it, and I believe I have figured out its quirks when compared to ordinary Wonder Card RNG.

The Secret Egg uses the regular 5th Gen Wonder Card method on RNG Reporter, but with two main differences. The first difference is that the Initial PIDRNG Frame is always 3 less than what the program calculates. The seed that I used had a calculated initial frame of 53, but the actual initial frame ended up being 50. The second difference is a tricky one, and admittedly the details might differ slightly for Pansage and Axew due to it involving the fixed max IV that each of them have. For Pidove specifically, the target frame's original Attack IV is shifted over to become the HP IV instead, while the target frame's original HP IV is not used at all. This is because Pidove is meant to always have an Attack IV of 31, but it is curious that instead of simply overwriting the original Attack IV it moves it over to HP instead.

During my attempts, I hatched several incorrect Pidove whose IVs confused me because they didn't seem to match any nearby frames or ones on adjacent seeds, but it was finding a frame that was identical except for HP in one of these instances that tipped me off. Sure enough, all incorrect Pidove I had hatched so far matched this pattern where its HP IV was the frame's original Attack IV (as well as the initial frame for the seed being 3 less than expected by the program). Knowing this, I simply searched for IV sets where the HP could be anything and the Attack was 31 (since this original 31 Attack IV would be shifted to HP), and eventually found a target and managed to hit it. I now have an unremarkable Hardy 31/31/31/X/31/31 Pidove. At least Nature Mints make the Hardy nature a mild inconvenience.

While the Secret Egg Pokémon are not really exciting or special, I decided to post here just to have the info handy for anyone who might still want to RNG theirs, off the admittedly small chance that they have not yet picked it up. Of course, this is all based on my own DS Parameters and the fact that my Secret Egg is a Pidove, so there might be slight modifications that others have to make for their own RNG abuse, especially if their Secret Egg is Pansage or Axew. I do suspect, however, that Pansage and Axew follow similar IV-shifting rules as Pidove. For example, I wouldn't be surprised if Pansage's fixed 31 Special Attack IV shifts the frame's original Attack, Defense, and Special Attack IVs over to become the IVs for HP, Attack, and Defense respectively. For Axew, its fixed Speed IV of 31 might make it so that all of the frame's original IVs are shifted over in the same manner. If this is the case, it would make the HP IV for the target frame completely irrelevant for all three when searching IV sets for the Secret Egg but alas, I do not have either of those other two to test it. Perhaps someone here might test it and post their results someday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)