5th Gen Defensive Team

This is my team. I like balanced, defensive teams, so please keep that in mind. Please excuse my english, as i am not a pro with it.

Team:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Waterfall

Lead and physical wall. Usually sets up rocks and deals damage to a threat, but can have a slight problem with anything that resists his attacks and can boost. Fortunately, his typing let's him take a lot of beating from threats, and let's him counter back accordingly. He also forms a defensive core along with pokemon zapdos and heatran. His grass weakness can hurt, but zapdos and heatran nearly always make up for that

Roobushin @ Leftovers
Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Hammer Arm
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Roobushin is my counters to threats like Doryuuzu and Tyranitar. He takes punishments very well and nearly always kills a target. He usually ends up being my counter to other Roobushin, which i don't like, because it's unreliable to count on him to kill other Roobushin. sometimes it's hard to get him any action with pokemon like zapdos and gliscor and shandera around, but he is a decent teammate. i chose a bulky set to fit in with the rest of my team.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Lightningrod
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Zapdos is awesome. He provides much resistences, crippling opponents with thunder wave and killing off boosting sweepers like Lucario, Togekiss, Breelom, etc. Lightningrod let's him take punishment without actually...taking punishment. He is my special wall, nearly never dying by anything special. He also forms a defensive core along with swampert and heatran.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 96 SDef / 32 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Wish
- U-turn
- Body Slam
- Iron Head

Jirachi was chosen over Metagross for her effective defense on both ends of the spectrm. She also provides extra paralysis support and most importantly: wish! She likes to pass wishes to swampert heatran, although he's usually on low health as it is and can't survive the switch-in attack. She also provides much usefullness with her steel-typing. I fee there are other pokes who could do better than her in this slot, however...i used a bulky set because of her typing that allows her to take many hits.

Ononokusu @ Lum Berry
Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

I figured my team needed some raw power, and Ononokusu felt like a great choice for it. Dragon brings many resistence with few weaknesses, and pure Dragon is a rare typing. This coupled with decent physical bulk and high attack and high speed with a good-sized movepool makes for a decent poke to add to my team. Unfortunately he isn't getting too much accomplished.:jump: Perhaps there's a better poke to put here? Oh, and he is an all out sweeper, as you can tell.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roar

Heatran, combined with Zapdos and Swampert, form a defensive core that resist 16/17 attack types in the game. They also cover each other's weaknesses fairly well, with Pokemon like Jolteon being completely shut down by this core. I opted for a specially bulky Heatran because of his plethora of resistences to common special attacks, like grass, fire, and ghost. He does have his shortcomings, but all-in-all he's pretty solid. He usually serves me pretty well.

Hi! Nice team. My first change is Drain Punch over Hammer Arm on Roobpushin . You have enough power from Bulk Up, so the power drop does not matter. Drain Punch gives you healing. Next your core needs some work. Heatran and Swampert are outclassed by Natorei And Burungeru. Natorei provides you with Spikes and Stealth rock while Burungeru prevents these hazards from being removed. Along with Zapdos, all types are resisted. On Zapdos now as this is a defensive team use Roar over Thunder wave which helps you abuse hazards. Also none of your team really benefits from Thunder Wave. Finally as your Ononokusko set is not working well, may I reccomend a scarf set. This gives you a much needed revenge killer and rounds the team of well. Gl with your team

Ononokusko

name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Outrage
move 2: Dragon Claw
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Brick Break / Rock Slide
item: Choice Band
ability: Mold Breaker
nature: Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Natorei

Name: Spiker
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Stealth Rock
move 3: Power Whip
move 4: Gyro Ball
item: Shed Shell
nature: Sassy
evs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SDef

Burungeru

name: Utility Counter
move 1: Boiling Water
move 2: Recover
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Shadow Ball
item: Leftovers
ability: Water Absorb
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)