50/50 split

* All changes to the team will be in Italics

Hey there Smogon, despite never posting a RMT throughout my time in Gen IV, i think the somewhat haphazard way this team evolved and progressed caused it to be in need of some editing, RMT style!

Anyway Here it is Folks:

At A Glance:

In Depth:

Borutorosu @ LO
Nature: Modest
EV's: 4HP/ 252 Spa/ 252 Spe
Ability: Mischievous Heart
-Taunt
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-HP (Ice)

I love this lead, love it, love it, love it. During Gen IV, my favorite lead was Aeodactyl, as it was the fastest Taunt lead in the game. Back then i could taunt, SR and maybe even net a kill guaranteed. Now, i have a wish granted i didn't know i had. The premise is simple, it goes in, taunts their Set-up move and then deals heavy damage, or, every once in a while, it goes on a sweep due to the great coverage it can get.
Lovely.

Shandera @ Leftovers
Ev's: 100 HP/ 76 Def/ 252 Spa/ 76 SpD
Ability: Shadow Tag
-Flamethrower
-Shadow Ball
-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split

A somewhat strange EV set i'm sure, but there was no standardised one so i had to make one up, and it seems to be doing the job.
Shandera has this great ability to trap, hit hard, and then Pain Split when it's starting to lose health.
Will-o-Wisp is there to cripple physical attackers if the need so arrises.
Brilliant! I'm sure it doesn't need more explanation than this.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe (Not that they really matter other than HP)
Ability@ Eccentric
-Transform
-???
-???
-???

Ditto i run for one sole reason, and that is so many threats can be countered by it. I use it to counter the massive number of late game sweepers that there seem to be, Dragon Dancers fear it, Doryuzu fears it's own Earthquake, Shandera Fears its own Shadow ball. I can usually wipe out half a team if someone attempts to set up DD with Onoksu Mid-Game without a counter prepared. The reason for running this are really quite evident.

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Ev's: 4 HP/ 252 Spa/ 252 Spe
Ability: Natural Cure
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Psycho Shock

I've been running this for I-don't-know-how-long, because it's the best at what it does. Most people expect a LO Starmie, which often gives me the suprise advantage.

With the infamous Bolt-Beam, and STAB Psychic and Surf, this thing can hit hard and hit fast, Guieralla tactics can allow me to net some needed KO's throughout the length of a game, even when doing neutral damage, if the foe's been weakned, it'll be unlikely that it will survive, and isn't that what revenge killings all about?

While not bulky, it can usually come in on a resisted attack, or as a revenge killer and terrorize anything it has coverage against. Starmie can cover almost any weakness my team has, because it can hit so much. Psycho Shock has been a bit of a dissapointment, it really hasn't lived up to they hype surrounding it. Starmie hasn't become the Blissey Killer we all hoped and dreamed of.

Terakion @ Balloon
Nature: Jolly
Ev's: 4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Ability: Justice Heart
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Holy Sword
-Swords Dance

The latest addition to my somewhat dis-organised team has been Terakion, and unlike Psycho Shock, it DOES live up to the hype. It's my main counter to Blissey, my team being woefully low on Physical Attackers, and it having great coverage, and great STAB moves, so is able to hit fantastically hard against a number of things. It's Balloon also allows it to deal the Doryuzu far easier, which is becoming an increasingly large threat.

Swords Dance is there when i appear to have an oppurtunity and want to try for sweep, otherwise it can hit hard enough by itself

Zapdos
@ Leftovers
Ev's: 4 Def/ 252 Spa/ 252 Spe
Ability: Pressure
-Thunderbolt
-Heatwave
-Roost
-HP (Ice)

I added this because i needed a counter to the greatest synergy combo in the Gen V metagame, Bunungeru + Nattorei. I found Nattorei was increasingly running shed shell, so couldn't be trapped by Shandera, and was causing increasing problems to my team. So i needed a hard and fast counter to them both. One pokemon i could switch in and take them both down. My anser came in the form of Heat Wave Zapdos. Sadly unable to use LightningRod due to Heatwave being a Gen IV move tutor move, but with a bit of prediction the duo is now a lot easier to deal with.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ev's: 4Hp/ 252 Spa/ 252 Spe
Ability: Encourage
-Earth power
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

Binned due to needing a counter to Nattorei + Doryuzu.

Conclusion:

Well, here we are, from the old we travel to the new, and here's my first Gen V team ready for you to anylise and strengthen. Getting good synergy in a Meta-Game with so meany threats to counter is a task getting beyond my control. So it is to you, Smogon i entrust this task. Any help or comment will be appreciated!

(Team rate is so named as while writing it i noticed i had an exact 50/50 split between: Stone Evolvers: Gen I/ Gen V pokemons and Held Items. Also Shandera has pain split. I think my sub-concious is forcing me to make gimmicks.)

Hi. You are very doryuzzu weak as with ballon it can not be defeated by ditto. To fix this use a ballon on terakion. This gives you a immunity to ground types, and helps you laugh at doryuzzu. Also use Close combat over mystery sword as MS uses your lower special attack. Change starmie to the standard Rapid spin set, as SR is a pain to your team. I'm not sure about shandeera, but if it works for you, great. Finally Voltros should have thunder wave over grass knot as the coverage it gives is useless with HP ice. GL with this team.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Also use Close combat over mystery sword as MS uses your lower special attack.
I think that parallel is talking about Sacred Sword (also Holy Sword), a 90BP Physical Fighting move that bypass Def and evasion boosts. Mystery Sword is exclusive of Kerudio.

Hi. You are very doryuzzu weak as with ballon it can not be defeated by ditto. To fix this use a ballon on terakion. This gives you a immunity to ground types, and helps you laugh at doryuzzu. Also use Close combat over mystery sword as MS uses your lower special attack. Change starmie to the standard Rapid spin set, as SR is a pain to your team. I'm not sure about shandeera, but if it works for you, great. Finally Voltros should have thunder wave over grass knot as the coverage it gives is useless with HP ice. GL with this team.
Thanks for the rate! I'll try out the suggestions you made, but i'm somewhat skeptical of the benefits of the 30 extra BP Close Combat gives over Sacred Sword, especiall as i can then ignore CM boosts.

Also, i've actually only had SR set up once since running Voltros, so i'd rather not change the entire idea Scarfmie for the off chance of a late game SR.

Thankyou for your help!

Bumping due to Team Member change. Nidoking has been replaced by Zapdos to help counter Nattoerei + Bunungeru.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)