Multi-gen 2v2 Doubles Premier League III - Managers Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
unknown23.png

art by Swiffix
Welcome to the Third Edition of the 2v2 Doubles Premier League! If you are looking to manage a team, please sign up in this thread. The 2v2 Doubles Premier League is a 6 to 8 week event depending on the amount of teams and tiebreak situations. Only sign up if you can be active for the this time. For general guidelines on what to do and what not to do, refer to Luigi's guidelines here.

No one is explicitly banned from being a manager in PL. However, the host, being me, will be choosing good leaders to be managers. Players with a history of being toxic or troublemakers will be much less likely from being chosen as managers. This is for both the hosts who will have to work with the managers a lot and for the potential teams they lead. Please note that having any kind of racist, offensive, disrespectful, or inappropriate name will disqualify your entry. I will be picking four to six managers depending on the number of signups.

Use this to signup as a manager:
Code:
PS! name:
Assistant Manager:
Team name:
Why would you be a good manager?:
Manager info
  • Managers must be able to participate in an auction to draft their team.
  • Managers must select the lineup for the week, and send it to me before the week starts. If you don't think you can do this for the duration of 2v2PL II (it's honestly not that complicated), do not sign up.
  • Managers are responsible for their team's behavior. Make sure members of your team are abiding by the rules and remain active.
  • Managers are expected to facilitate substitutions when necessary.
  • Any player can sign up as long as they are not Tourbanned.
  • The tournament is likely to last 4 to 6 weeks.

The Deadline to sign up as a manager will be Sunday, June 19th, at 11:59 AM EST. You are required to join our discord server if you want to manage.

Last edited:

Chris32156

The White Larry Bird
is a Tiering Contributor
PS! name: Chris Numbers
TTFlames.jpg

Assistant Manager: Adam3560

Team name: Transcendent Talonflames

Why would you be a good manager?: I have the most individual 2v2 wins in ompl rn, and have gotten at least top 8/4 in every individual since I started playing last ladder tour. Adam won Swiss, was on the winning team in Pool League, has a positive ompl record, and got top 4 of 2v2 Classic. Me and Adam are on the current SS council and know the community well. We also both started ompl 0-2 then went a combined 8-2 which I think shows we don't let bad starts or other unfortunate events get in the way of our mindsets or play.

Last edited:

Hugo

Rain Main (+2 GMT)
is a Tiering Contributor
Logo (not made by me but its an old cover art from the GOAT, MF DOOM):
SH_Vol_4_5_6.jpg

PS! name: Alolan HTH or Hugo The Herdier (these are my 2 most used accounts atm)
Assistant Manager: Despacito87
Team name: DOOM's Lab
Why would you be a good manager?: I am very patiant, hard to get angry and don't get demotivated quickly which I believe also goes for Despacito. I can plan a huge deal of my work/study scedule myself so I can make sure everything fits around it all. I am currently the team captian of the Get Good Gastrodon's where I take care of all the sceduling, organizing, requesting extensions, etc. I am a long time pkmn player and my 2v2 Experiences might be recent but not unimpressive even if I say so myself. Those are winning the ladder tour, going undefeated in OMFL, and winning the finals for the ghosting tour with my team (GG Gasto's). which all shows that I know atleast some certain stuff about 2v2 and 2v2 tours.

Last edited:

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

PS! name: Itchy
Assistant Manager: DEG
Team name: Nyassified Nihilegos
Why would you be a good manager?: We won 1v1 PL together, we have both done plenty of team tours individually and won't be toxic. Deg is the best manager on this website, and I have the knowledge to field a competitive team :blobthumbsup:

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)