Multi-gen 2v2 Doubles Premier League III - Finals [Won by the Transcendent Talonflames]

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Rules:

On Deadline & Match Completion

All players must complete their matches by Sunday 28th of August 23:59 PM GMT-4. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, the game will be dead. NO Extensions will be granted.

On Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription.
Challenge codes for all the 2v2 Doubles Old Gens, make sure you're using it correctly:

Gen 7: /challenge gen7doublesou @@@ Accuracy Moves Clause, Z Move Clause, Sleep Clause Mod, Gravity Sleep Clause, -Focus Sash, -Tapu Lele, +Snorlax, -Salamence-Mega, -Gengar-Mega, -dark void, -Perish Song, -Final Gambit, -Ally Switch, Team Preview, Picked Team Size=2, Max Team Size = 4

Gen 6: /challenge gen6doublesou @@@ Accuracy Moves Clause, Gravity Sleep Clause, -Focus Sash, -Perish Song, -Final Gambit, -Kangaskhan-Mega, -Ally Switch, Team Preview, Picked Team Size=2, Max Team Size = 4

Gen 5: /challenge gen5doublesou @@@ Accuracy Moves Clause, -Focus Sash, -Kingdra, -Final Gambit, -Perish Song, -Ally Switch, Team Preview, Picked Team Size=2, Max Team Size = 4

:regidrago: Redacted Regidragos (2) vs (4) :talonflame: Transcendent Talonflames
SS: Orangex733 vs Crunchman
SS: Phantomistix vs Adam3560
SS: Milo vs beauts
SM: lancert vs Chris32156
ORAS: Reece vs yuki
BW: Vrji vs bilb owo

Last edited:

Career Ended

Whatever happens, happens
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris the defending Other Metas Circuit Champion
predicts :
SS: Orangex733 vs Crunchman
SS: Phantomistix vs Adam3560
SS: Milo vs beauts
SM: lancert vs Chris32156
ORAS: Reece vs yuki
BW:Vrji vs bilb owo

rooting for transcendent talonflames to bring it home!

Last edited:

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
We win.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6doublesou-1650563984
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6doublesou-1650567127
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6doublesou-1650569295

Reece class opponent, well played

Chris32156 Adam3560 beauts Crunchman bilb owo You lot started nearly every week for us, thanks for everything this season. From last in the power rankings to champions, good work to you all.

airfare Bag of Trixx Lumii Ron You lot being around in the team was more than enough, and we felt every word of support - even if you didn't play, thanks to you guys as well.

IBM Morgan We spoke a bunch over the course of me being in 2v2, and I'm glad we can be friends. Glad you guys supported me through that playoffs.

LET'S GO TALONFLAMES

hayedenn

forgotten me already?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Chris32156 this was a lot of fun thanks but you still didnt build any new teams like u said u would bar like 2
yuki i really loved teaming with u but u could have gassed me up harder
Crunchman you’re worse than chris to team with but u clutched ss
Adam3560 you’re worse than crunch to team with but u clutched ss
bilb owo ur cute
Lumii Ron airfare Bag of Trixx clutched bench
IBM ur a hoe

butts out

Last edited:
Unfortunately we lost in finals. Not the result we all hoped for, but one we should all be proud of regardless. My first time managing in pl and I am very proud of my auction, not easy being so ballsy with upbids, especially with people I’m not willing to drop over 15k on, and very happy with my draft. I wasn't going to play at all this tournament, but yall have motivated me to join the fight.

Shoutouts

Reece for being an amazing co-manager and helping everyone with scouts and teams, especially when I was on vacation early and couldn’t be as active. Hopefully we can run this back in the future.

Everyone I drafted for being absolute goats. You have all performed extremely well to get so far in the tournament, even if some of your results may not reflect that.

Orangex733 steal of the tournament. 4-2 as a last minute 3k pick is an amazing performance. You have a bright future. Glad I picked you up.
Milo for being a solid SS player, especially being new to the tier. Reece told me I should pick you up, and you did not disappoint.
lancert best SM out there, even if your results don't show it. Glad I could team up with you and hope this isn't the last we see of you in 2v2 tours.
Vrji best BW period. You were top priority in our draft plan and you continued to show why you are one of the best 2v2ers out there.
frogfacts you only got to play one week but you were very active in discord and kept our spirits up.
Fleeting Memories didn't get to talk much between me going on vacation early and then you going on vacation as soon as I was back, but you were active when you could and helped with support.

Shoutouts to IBM STABLE for helping with support in the later stages of the tournament, yall are goats.

Arai for hosting ofc

Chris32156 Adam3560 for giving me a very fun season. Couldn't ask for better 'rivals'. Yall are fun people and goats at the game. Even if some of the sets were won in unideal ways, you have to be in it to win it, and yall did extremely well to prove everyone who rated your team as the worst wrong and eventually win the tournament. Congrats to both of you and to the rest of the talonflames, hopefully we can run it back in the future, whether as rivals again or as teammates. (plz upbid fragments next time)

Swiffix for being the goated artist they are. Couldn't ask for a better team logo.

Wanted the win but a runner up will make do for now. VAMOS REGIDRAGOS!

Evie

Nobody gets me like you
is a Tiering Contributor
fun tour, very happy with my record

Reece Phantomistix Thanks for trusting me, you guys were great supports and players

Milo You did amazing for someone i’ve never seen play 2v2 before, hope to see you in more 2v2 tours

Vrji best BW, was fun talking to you

lancert really good SM, unfortunate your record got ruined by hax

frogfacts loved talking to you

Fleeting Memories didnt get to talk to you much, good player, unfortunate you didnt get to play

Sanshokuinsumireko did great the weeks you started

Arai ty for hosting, arai for td

may do team dump, really fun tour and id love to team with you guys again

Felt pretty good to win today but like all victories that kind of feeling really just fades with time. Yesterday I had an online call with my grandparents in China. They're not that good with technology so I don't get to talk to them often, and my chinese skills are lacking, but I enjoyed every moment of that call. Winning today, using teams that aren't mine, and getting luck I had no business getting, I realized that none of this really matters in the end and that I'm glad I spent some time to talk to my grandparents yesterday instead of prepping for pl finals. Moral of the story, go talk to your family. You might not like all the people you're related to, and they might not like you as well but you'll miss them when they're gone and smogon's always going to be here at the end of the day.

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
someone's gotta be the douchebag to follow up an inspirational post like that so i'll bite the bullet i guess
instead of shoutouts im going to make anti-shoutouts, basically each players' most embarrassing moment
know that this comes from a place of love, so i hope this will make it more meaningful when we look back
this post started looking like a rectangle i guess i have to finish making the only straight thing on our team
just going to order everyone alphabetically so dont read between the lines about whos on top im a bottom

IBM Morgan
1661751484983.png
Itchy
1661751907503.png

Adam3560
1661751648384.png

airfare
1661751284941.png

Bag of Trixx
1661752060172.png

beauts
1661750511807.png

bilb owo
1661752766523.png

also as of the time writing this post
1661752801547.png

Chris32156
1661753125274.png

1661753266138.png

nice
1661752976115.png

Lumii
1661751711131.png

Ron
1661753442367.png

yuki
1661752597382.png

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)