Multi-gen 2v2 Doubles Premier League II - Managers Signups

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

art by momo!
Welcome to the Second Edition of the 2v2 Doubles Premier League! If you are looking to manage a team, please sign up in this thread. The 2v2 Doubles Premier League is a 6-week event at minimum and has the potential to stretch on a bit further depending on amount of teams and tiebreak situations. Only sign up if you can be active for the this time. For general guidelines on what to do and what not to do, refer to Luigi's guidelines here.

No one is explicitly banned from being a manager in PL. However, the host, being me, will be choosing good leaders to be managers. Players with a history of being toxic or troublemakers will be much less likely from being chosen as managers. This is for both the hosts who will have to work with the managers a lot and for the potential teams they lead. Please note that having any kind of racist, offensive, disrespectful, or inappropriate name will disqualify your entry. I will be picking four to six managers depending on the number of signups.

Use this to signup as a manager:
Code:
PS! name:
Assistant Manager:
Team name:
Why would you be a good manager?:
Manager info
  • Managers must be able to participate in an auction to draft their team.
  • Managers must select the lineup for the week, and send it to me before the week starts. If you don't think you can do this for the duration of 2v2PL II (it's honestly not that complicated), do not sign up.
  • Managers are responsible for their team's behavior. Make sure members of your team are abiding by the rules and remain active.
  • Managers are expected to facilitate substitutions when necessary.
  • Any player can sign up as long as they are not Tourbanned.
  • The tournament is likely to last 4 to 6 weeks.

The Deadline to sign up as a manager will be Sunday, November 7th, at 11:59 AM EST. You are required to join our discord server if you want to manage.

Last edited:

pazza

Banned deucer.
PS! name: king gohar
Assistant Manager: raf
Team name: Pakistani Piplup(s/o lcpl)
Why would you be a good manager?: won ursapl and went 8-1 I'm also good at sm and ss 2v2. Raf is one of the best doubles players there can be and he is also the manager of multiple tours including doupl and douwc where he is managing Team Asia. Raf also went 11-0 in UrsaWC.

Last edited:
Name: emma
Assistant Manager: Aliss
Team name: Snowpoint Sylveons (will have cute art uwu)
Why would you be a good manager?: I am heavily involved in all 3 of the Doubles, 1v1, and 2v2 communities, bridging the 3 together. I have experience managing US East for Doubles World Cup. I am currently in finals of 2v2 Classic Playoffs. Alice won SM 2v2 Cup and made Classic Playoffs, while having more than enough managing experience.

[1:14 PM] [ÚwÙ] Itchy: Emma is a cute user, an even cuter manager :two_hearts:

Last edited:

Sanshokuinsumireko

I got the baddest bitches in anime
PS! name: Sanshokuinsumireko
Assistant Manager: Maki
Team name: The Simping Slakings
Why would you be a good manager?: I got top 8 in 2v2 classic without trying and I won 1v1 WC 4.

Edit: for Maki since I don't think he'll wake up in time.
Maki has long time experience playing in tours ranging from 1v1pl to now being in Doubles World Cup. When playing in these tournaments he has had great recent success being able to go 3-0 in Monotype Premier League while also the only person on the US West SS and SM side of the team to go positive in 1v1 World Cup. He also has the tiering contributor badge in which he got from playing multiple different tiers at a high level showing his adaptability to each tier he plays.

Last edited:

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
PS! name: Le Creme Brule
Assistant Manager: Lkjc
Team name: Team horse (backup team name: Effeminate Enteis)
Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 10.17.58 AM.png

Why would we be good managers?:
Both me and Lkjc are very involved in the 2v2 community. Between the two of us, we're council or TL of all Old Gens in this tour. I qualified for classic playoffs, and came 2nd place in last 2v2 PL, and Lkjc was on the wining team. I have some managing experience from 1v1 WC 3 and a good amount of team tour experience. Lkjc won a BW 2v2 tour early on in its lifespan. We're experienced 2v2 players with a lot of community involvement, which is why either one of us on our own would be good managers. We'd work well together as we share a lot of the same ideas and have a strong rapport.

PA

Purgatory.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
PS!Name: Poison Adhesive
Assistant Manager: Kaif
Team name: Nico Nico Ninetales

1604257191062.gif

Why would we be good managers: I could ramble on about this buttt I’ll keep it simple: 2v2 Mod, Manager Last 2v2PL and got runner up while (arguably carrying) and dont need to introduce kaif so there u have it.

Fluore

Kitsch
is a Tiering Contributor
PS! name: StitchtheGlaceon ➹
Assistant Manager: Ainzcrad
Team name: Pogging Primarinas (aka Pogarinas)
image0-4.png

Why would you be a good manager?: I managed two teams (TPP2 & RoA Olympics) and had decent records for quite-big tours in smogon this year, giving me good enough experiences. (+also managing a discord team tour rn) I also get a new laptop, tablet PC and a phone soon for a change, meaning I can be online whenever our team needs me.
I can promise to making a good team environment, since having fun is all what matters imo.

+ Also I contributed most of the emote section in 2v2 cord, with addition of pogarina, psyspam, prankster, etc.

Also my co managed in NDPL, played in agpl (4-2) on the precious pichus, won omfl om porygons (4-1), and many more team tours. Made losers semis mnm ssnls top 16 ag ssnls (huge om experience) and looking for a new tier atm
and he's the host of the discord team tour I'm managing so he's a great manager material n.n

Last edited:

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
(I guess i’ll post this now then)
PS! Name: Krytocon
Assisant Manager Vrji
Team Name: Merry Mega Mawiles
Why would you be a good manager?
Both of us are pretty active in the room, we know most of the community pretty well, we’d have a good team environment, and I’m voiced and Vrji is a driver so you know we’re both good users n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)