NOC 2d3 Mafia - Postgame (Mafia Win)

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
Caff, you're right that my EoD I didn't want to vote PS. I never wanted Haruno gone, and after I poked BGB I didn't want him gone either. I was trying to feel out other things cause I toneread PS. I was dumb, and if I have to be lynched for that so be it.

A few things scum me doesn't do there:

-Show up at deadline at all. Assuming it's me/PS town is well on its way to digging its own grave and I'm sufficiently busy and don't give a fuck. Yeah I miss the claims and maybe PS gets lynched there which would be bad for hypothetical me here but that's not something I would have considered.

-Unvote BGB after poking, before either claim. I legitimately wanted to know why he was voting, I found out, and I thought he was town, so I backed off rather than build up a counterwagon.

-Complain a lot about voting PS rather than just bus. I thought he was town. I thought we were mislynching but it was something we had to do. The first thing scum me does on seeing the JK claim is get on PS with you, or failing that try to make any kind of harder case for one of the others. What I did was try to air my opinions fully recognizing that I was gonna be moving onto a read I disagreed with in the end. I even had the last post at EoD. I could have CFDed and didn't.
I don't quite believe point one. I think trying to look good would kinda counteract it.

Point two is a good point, you were actually interacting with the v/v wagons and giving some opinion on it so I can't really fault you there. Also please consider this a correction, turns out you and PS were on the same wagon for a small amount of time. Idt it means anything.

Point three is fine assuming scum!you thinks 100% rationally during this situation, which you're certainly capable of doing.

Fwiw I'm not currently SR'ing you. You did some things which rang some alarm bells but honestly I think that might just be me trying to get some use out of the only non-confirmed posts from that EoD.

Another angle I can tackle I guess is this start of D2. Like the scum's trying to survive 3 lynches and Caff and BGB have to die, right? What's the endgame?

I was sure that someone who wasn't Caff would try to take the angle that I was protecting PS, since if I'm also a consensus townread it only makes D4 harder.

Celever: "I townread realiti and Blazade, so it should be Litt or Laurel and we win!" When you get to D4 as Celever here, what happens? Probably try an organic push on realiti?

Litt: "Realiti probably spew town, Blazade probably hard town, caff only in LYLO" Buddy Realiti, kill me, try to fight caff in LYLO?

Laurel: *give up*

Realiti: *disappears*

This improves my read on Celever and Litt and bumps Laurel and Realiti up in the poe imo.

I’m being honest that lynching me is fine because I claimed VT. Though I guess BGB dies tonight anyways so meh idk

I dont really have any value to provide and since this would be a megathrow if town loses it’s life

CaffeineBoost

Another angle I can tackle I guess is this start of D2. Like the scum's trying to survive 3 lynches and Caff and BGB have to die, right? What's the endgame?

I was sure that someone who wasn't Caff would try to take the angle that I was protecting PS, since if I'm also a consensus townread it only makes D4 harder.

Celever: "I townread realiti and Blazade, so it should be Litt or Laurel and we win!" When you get to D4 as Celever here, what happens? Probably try an organic push on realiti?

Litt: "Realiti probably spew town, Blazade probably hard town, caff only in LYLO" Buddy Realiti, kill me, try to fight caff in LYLO?

Laurel: *give up*

Realiti: *disappears*

This improves my read on Celever and Litt and bumps Laurel and Realiti up in the poe imo.
Okay I wanna clear this up, what direction in the PoE is getting voted first? Up or down? Top or bottom?

Celever

i am town
Man this thread really is dead. Perhaps not surprising, it was dead for a lot of D1 until I came back anyway. I'm inclined to agree with Blaz that this feels a bit like randing atp, though I would counterface that by saying this game also feels solved and those are two sides of the same coin

Nothing has changed to comment on so we'll look backwards instead. Something that's been nagging me is why Tommy subbed out. It was under a different pretext as Hal in that Tommy did sign up to play this game legitimately, and he even went so far as to get his own replacement. Did he find an angleshoot scum confirm that he decided would be unfun to contribute to the thread, thus taking himself out of the situation? This feels a little likely by how he didn't give Litt any reads upon subbing in, though he also may not have given Litt reads bc they're scum it's a rational WIFOM for Litt to enlist.

Noting this because I don't recall anything significant that would implicate Panic as def scum, and by the time Tommy subbed out I'd already brought Panic into the read-based PoE so Tommy can just piggyback on that and continue playing, so it might let us solve faster if we work out what it was. I imagine it's a niche Tommy knowledge though lol

CaffeineBoost

Man this thread really is dead. Perhaps not surprising, it was dead for a lot of D1 until I came back anyway. I'm inclined to agree with Blaz that this feels a bit like randing atp, though I would counterface that by saying this game also feels solved and those are two sides of the same coin

Nothing has changed to comment on so we'll look backwards instead. Something that's been nagging me is why Tommy subbed out. It was under a different pretext as Hal in that Tommy did sign up to play this game legitimately, and he even went so far as to get his own replacement. Did he find an angleshoot scum confirm that he decided would be unfun to contribute to the thread, thus taking himself out of the situation? This feels a little likely by how he didn't give Litt any reads upon subbing in, though he also may not have given Litt reads bc they're scum it's a rational WIFOM for Litt to enlist.

Noting this because I don't recall anything significant that would implicate Panic as def scum, and by the time Tommy subbed out I'd already brought Panic into the read-based PoE so Tommy can just piggyback on that and continue playing, so it might let us solve faster if we work out what it was. I imagine it's a niche Tommy knowledge though lol
Do you think Tommy would sub out for an angleshoot town confirm?

Celever

i am town
Do you think Tommy would sub out for an angleshoot town confirm?
Huh I didn't even consider that

I suppose it's possible, but Laurel is near enough to that in his mind that it's probably unlikely. Granted Laurel is a bit of an anomaly and p clearly many of us disagreed with the validity of Tommy's clear on him.

At the same time this setup is lowkey townsided enough that I could see it. Newbie friendly games usually are townsided, and with how this has played out I think it's p clear that that applies here. Tommy may have worked out than angleshooting a town clear would be essentially game over.

If he sticks to his belief that Laurel is clear, he ego reads enough to think that townclearing Laurel and this other person puts him near enough to townclear, and then there's the possibility that both town PRs are outside of those 3 slots. That's a towncore of 5 and spells game over.

So in short yes I think he would actually.

CaffeineBoost

Huh I didn't even consider that

I suppose it's possible, but Laurel is near enough to that in his mind that it's probably unlikely. Granted Laurel is a bit of an anomaly and p clearly many of us disagreed with the validity of Tommy's clear on him.

At the same time this setup is lowkey townsided enough that I could see it. Newbie friendly games usually are townsided, and with how this has played out I think it's p clear that that applies here. Tommy may have worked out than angleshooting a town clear would be essentially game over.

If he sticks to his belief that Laurel is clear, he ego reads enough to think that townclearing Laurel and this other person puts him near enough to townclear, and then there's the possibility that both town PRs are outside of those 3 slots. That's a towncore of 5 and spells game over.

So in short yes I think he would actually.
Okay I think I know what's happened but I don't think it's a good idea for me to continue this line of discussion.

Anyway, I will be on at EoD at the very least to try to arrange the PoE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)