2013 Winter Friendly

Rating now 1863.
I had a battle with iss too, a really good match and one of the few that made me actually think during this tournament. Also, props for not dcing and forfeiting like everyone should.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
only 2 opponent DC's after 21 matches so I'm probably good at least. I'm not going to challenge these higher ratings as I know my team is rather flawed though still good enough to sweep many unprepared teams as well as some decent ones as well. Even us experts can be novices at times. Right Indy?

I found very stange that I don't recognize any names from previous tournaments and I've been participating since the 2011 Autum Friendly...

Anyway, I found that there is a huge gap in the competitive department, with a lot of players under 1500 and a lot more over 1700, the 1600ish people are very few (but that is in the master category, I don't know about others categories)

Just had two close games with a PETER who had a rating in the mid 1800s. Lost the first one and lost around 20 points. Won the second one and he DCed with no decency. So yeah...

I've won all 12 of my battles thus far, with 3 disconnects. and 1603 with my lovely little team incorporating none other than Aggron. Not sure why but i just haven't been finding many battles, and many of the people I've seen have been Uberless.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Anyone know if Setsuna was registered for this? I played him before hopping in the shower & got STOMPED. Dunno if it was actually him, but I can't think of anyone else who'd use that OT.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
So far I'm like 34-1 with like 6 or so DCs. I wonder what is the DC rate for you to be disqualified? I wonder if anyone here played me. I go by a smiley face.

So many ragequitters!
My real record 40 wins-4 losses
Displayed record 25 wins 4 losses
I'm getting tired of this
On the other hand, I've been doing pretty well considering I had no idea you could use legendaries so I just made a botched team together. I now know gigalith is pretty decent

Grr
I don't think I'll be able to qualify
I'm finding battles few and far inbetween
And of the 60 or so odd battles I've had, Nintendo only recognizes 33
The rest are ragequits

The sting from my first loss still grips my heart. Reshiram and Kyurem-B are devastating with priority Tailwind support.

Had some exciting battles lately though, so I'm happy about that!

Got cable back on Saturday, but didn't start until a few minutes ago due to playing Brawl so much. Never knew ZSS was so fun to play as.

2 battles, 2 disconnectors so far (one of which was from William with a rating of 1795, thought he was gonna smash me but my Sub Kyurem-W clutched the hell out of that game). Pretty safe bet that I won't rank at this rate, but w/e who cares lol.

Edit! Gonna compile a list of guys who did not DC when facing me for the hell of it, case-sensitive.
BRIANNA (forgot location and phrase)
Andrew (cueball, forgot location and phrase)
Oscar (forgot loc/phrase/class)
MAGIC (hiker, no location, default phrase)
PATO (forgot info)
Zack (defaults)
Gigi (forgot stuff)
Emanuel (I am invincible! Pleased to meet you.)

...k that's enough, thought I wouldn't have to list this many so quickly; I might be able to rank afterall.

I have not used legends in this comp and I've still managed to beat most Uber threats. Not bragging, but once the legends get paralysed, they get destroyed by my team. Just thought I'd say that.

Posted from Smogon.com App for Android

Screw this, I'm out; we finished the seventieth battle but barely got over 30 of battle counts.

Shedinja encounters were interesting, though. We have only three moves to hurt it and every time the whole match turned into a prediction fest until it dies. Those teams usually are weak to Scarf-Ogre; they probably try to apply single play to rotations, which doesn't quite work out much better. Hazards don't threat it (usually), but Shedinja cannot play save because of the movepool of three Pokemon combined.

Our Mewtwo was surprisingly underwhelming. Apart from blasting Dialga with Aura Sphere it didn't do much. It probably has something to do with its rather low defenses by Uber standard plus the lack of priority moves like Rayquaza and Arceus.

Screw this, I'm out; we finished the seventieth battle but barely got over 30 of battle counts.

Shedinja encounters were interesting, though. We have only three moves to hurt it and every time the whole match turned into a prediction fest until it dies. Those teams usually are weak to Scarf-Ogre; they probably try to apply single play to rotations, which doesn't quite work out much better. Hazards don't threat it (usually), but Shedinja cannot play save because of the movepool of three Pokemon combined.

Our Mewtwo was surprisingly underwhelming. Apart from blasting Dialga with Aura Sphere it didn't do much. It probably has something to do with its rather low defenses by Uber standard plus the lack of priority moves like Rayquaza and Arceus.
Can I say I know exactly what you mean?
I've done 65+ battles but only 41 are counted.
I really hope Gen 6. changes this, ragequitting should A. COUNT AS A WIN FOR ME ABOVE ANYTHING ELSE. B.Count as a loss for the person ragequitting. And also important, not count towards the percentage of D/C's a person needs to ragequit on the victim's side. I am very enraged at this because I am honestly giving it my all considering I was not informed you could use legendaries, meaning every battle counts that much more for me, and every win is a major triumph. Disconnects especially make this experience much less enjoyable.
But on the plus side, I found out I have a love for rotation battles, I will certainly continue doing them, as well, many unorthodox strategies work very well. My biggest problem has been HJK from Blaziken missing (At every unopportune time -_-) and Substitute.

The amount of disconnects is mind blowing.

I get it that some people are angry when people use ubers, but they really should have read the rules. The web design crew probably should have thrown Kyurem in the Winter Friendly banner, but the rules weren't exactly a secret.

I've had people disconnect on me once they see my team. It's had one of the highest DC rates I've ever seen.

Honestly, Gen VI should have some sort of Mr. Resetti approach. If you disconnect an NPC warns you and urges you not to do it again, if you disconnect too much wild Rattatas and Zubats appear everywhere for a certain thousand footsteps, and the Pokemon Center Nurse/Shopkeepers remind you of why the world is facing this wrath.

Rotation Battle is amazing. The ability to switch and attack adds great tactics and definitely keeps out the entry-hazard battlefests that OU can be.

As a general rule, If you want to get ranked you better skip the last day of competion because is there where the disconnectors really became annoying!

The amount of disconnects is mind blowing.

I get it that some people are angry when people use ubers, but they really should have read the rules. The web design crew probably should have thrown Kyurem in the Winter Friendly banner, but the rules weren't exactly a secret.

I've had people disconnect on me once they see my team. It's had one of the highest DC rates I've ever seen.

Honestly, Gen VI should have some sort of Mr. Resetti approach. If you disconnect an NPC warns you and urges you not to do it again, if you disconnect too much wild Rattatas and Zubats appear everywhere for a certain thousand footsteps, and the Pokemon Center Nurse/Shopkeepers remind you of why the world is facing this wrath.

Rotation Battle is amazing. The ability to switch and attack adds great tactics and definitely keeps out the entry-hazard battlefests that OU can be.
This so much, I laughed a lot but it's true. Asides from the ranking some really good battles where lost (I love recording my battles)
I hope Nintendo puts a REAL ban in the future

Yo
New in the forum, not so new battling
Although I'm still in 16xx got (actually) 20 battles 3 disconnects and 1 lose.
Battles are really fun, there are two things I love. Rotation battles and Ubers. I hardly had the chance to play both but I'm really enjoying this competition.

Here, I share you some of my battles.
I think my team is balanced but I hardly use Giratina, tho it has it's uses.

Trick Room Battle (really fun)
https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&vid=&bid=50-73294-82703

Just learned what Uburden Hitmonlee tastes like
https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&vid=&bid=77-63331-99386

Really annoying battle
https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&vid=&bid=61-84305-93423

Again I almost lost
https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&vid=&bid=41-55344-03707

Another reason to hate Raikou
https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&vid=&bid=25-92782-72610

Am I always destined to lose or is just me?
I'm not gonna get ranked btw, I hate they do the competitions on weekends :c I have to go out

Anyway everyone who enjoyed this competition, would you love to train further in rotation with me?
It's so much fun and I don't think we'll get this kind of competition again
Btw Palkia rocks so much and Stall Lugia <3

I'm quite optimistic that they'll have another atypical-format tournament this year. I would adore a second Rotation, but it'll probably be Triple.

Currently I'm sitting at 1804. I'm still debating if I want to battle more and risk possibly losing or if I should just stop battling.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Currently at 1976, with a lot more battles than I ever thought I'd do. I guess I really enjoyed this one more than I did the VGC tourneys in the past.

Hoping to hit 2000, but I don't know if it'll even be possible. I'm going up so slowly & getting nothing but people under 1500 (and one 1702)

I ended with rating 1777 after 41 wins, 6 loses and 4 disconnections (all caused by my opponents ; much less then in past competitions). My team consists of: Mewtwo, Kyogre, Darkrai and Arceus (+poké I had only to confuse team preview).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)