2013 Global Showdown: Nintendo's official 3 vs 3 Ubers Tournament!

Yeah!! I have a 22:1 win lose ratio right now, and my team is a combination of every generation. The only time I lost was from an SD arceus that had... outrage?!
I was skeptical of my first 3 pokes, but they really pulled through and proved me worthy.
Hows this: SubDDnite, Cold+Coat Suicune, jolly groudon, ACR 6.8 (you can see him in my ubers thread), Thundurus-I, and dragon gem RESHIRAMPAGE!

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Oh. It's started. lol whoops. Still gotta get my team in order. Haven't used mons like these since '10.

/me boots up Pearl to find some ubers

Hey if someone has a better Gamestop suicune at least sheer cold, can I have it becuase mines has a poor IV seed (9 Hp/23 def/0 spdef).

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
lol 3rd battle of the tour was a dc. I guess that's what happens when you try using Liepard. Other than that no losses yet lmao, joke teams ftw!!

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Also, what's the DC rate we need to get under? This isn't looking good.

WWDDDwwLWDDwww

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I think there is an actual server with all the rules for this tourney in it. Thats probably what hes talking about.
Yes, there is a Pokemon Showdown ladder for this. However, I was referring to the fact that most of the people to reply in this thread were probably too busy rushing battles in the tournament to recreate their teams on PS and hop on the ladder (only to face people using weird teams composed mainly of Starters). :/

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So yeah, the tournament is over... However, this thread is not! Since I'm pretty sure gamefreak will have these kinds of GBU tournaments in Generation 6, I think Ubers 3vs3 is still worth discussing and exploring, so continue that here!

So yeah, the tournament is over... However, this thread is not! Since I'm pretty sure gamefreak will have these kinds of GBU tournaments in Generation 6, I think Ubers 3vs3 is still worth discussing and exploring, so continue that here!
It's actually still ongoing. Should be ending this afternoon. Either somebody started the tournament early or got their times mixed up.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I didn't get a chance to play this tournament as much I wanted to with work and other stuff on over the weekend, so in a desperate attempt to crack 1700 I stayed up to battle till the end just now, and ended up getting so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open. In my last battle the guy lead with Metagross (the first i saw all tourney) and I just didn't know how to handle it. It took down my Deoxys with about 40% health. Then for some reason I thought it would outspeed my Kyogre so I thunder waved it instead of killing it...

Aside from that it was a fun tournament! I faced a disappointingly high amount of low ranked players with mostly in-game teams, and any time I was about to beat someone with 1750+ they would just DC :(

Deoxys-A was probably MVP for me, crazy coverage and strong priority was perfect for fast paced 3v3. It always got me a 3-2 lead (except that damn Metagross) and sometimes an easy 3-1, making Extreme Killer Arceus' job very easy

I'll admit my prep for this tournament was very rushed, I just slapped together some event legends that I've never used in-game for the fun of it and they somewhat worked together

I mostly went with Deoxys-A > Scarfsect > EKiller and try to get things done quick. I'd sometime bring in Kyogre to counter weather and Reshiram / Kyurem-W, and it's thunder wave support helped setting up with Arceus easier. Then I just had Keldeo and Meloetta riding the bench

Think I ended without about ~1670 so bit disappointing but had a lot of fun anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)