Resource 1v1 Tournaments and Projects Request Thread

DEG

The night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
With SV nearing, I would like to push more standard SV tournaments and not gimmick tournaments for now. You are free to suggest SV tour ideas (Duo tour, Division-like, Swiss-like) as unofficial and they will be most likely approved. Focusing on SV unofficial before the important circuit tournaments is great for metagame development.

With that being said.
Tour Name: SV 1v1 Kickoff Tour
Tour Host(s): Lumii
Time Frame: Starting around the end of November, one week for each round. It really depends on how many signups it gets.
Hosting Experience: I've hosted BW No Johns III, ORAS No Johns I, and the SS Divisions Tour. In the RoA forum, I have also hosted a the Nintendo Cup '97 Spotlight in September 2022, RBY PL III, and RoA Olympics VII. I have also hosted during Smogon Tour 34. I am currently hosting GSC PL III and the ORAS Ubers Spotlight for November 2022.
Tour Description: Just a regular tour to start off SV 1v1! It should be hosted right after we get SV 1v1 to be playable on the main server.
* Style: Single-elimination, rounds are a single week in length!
* Banlist: Basically whatever the council decides to quickban!
* Justification: SV 1v1 would probably need development before bigger circuit tours, so this would be a nice way to start off the new generation of 1v1 and develop the metagame a little bit before we hit things like Global Cup (or whatever is planned to be the first tour this year)
ye

Tour Name: 1v1 Multigen Seeded III
Tour Host(s): STABLE + the Seeding Council which is TBD
Time Frame: After Classic/SV Release
Hosting Experience: Multigen Seeded I, CAP 1v1 Start-up, BW 1v1 Kyubless, LC 1v1 Start-up, ADV 1v1 Cup IV, BW 1v1 Cup III, 1v1 Live I
Tour Description: Bo5o1, each series has one game per generation from SV to BW. Single Elimination. Seeding Council will be seeding all the players after the signups and then the tournament will follow a seeded bracket.
Traditions ye, I'll get back for the date.

glitched

formerly bored_glitch
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
Tour Name: no tera SV 1v1 startup tour
Tour Host(s): me + Akeras / STABLE
Time Frame: 1 week per round, total time frame depending on applicants
Hosting Experience: skribbl.io (real)
Tour Description: Bo5, single elim tour
banlist: terastal clause + whatever council decides to ban after tour starts
justification: to start development of the tera-less metagame. yeah people want this

Last edited:
Tour Name: 1v1 Frontier
Tour Host(s): zioziotrip STABLE (I plan to handle most of this, if I must dip for activity I'll call on radu)
Time Frame: N/A
Hosting Experience: I hosted a lot of tours during ss w no major hiccups, some unofficial a classic cup idr
Tour Description: The format is similar to a lot of frontier-like tournaments previously hosted on the site where there are renowned players who act as "bosses" or however you would like to think of it. Each boss would be available to challenge for as long as they're willing (or as long as the community shows interest in the project) and any player that could beat every boss would be rewarded with hall of fame (ideally some other incentive like a 1v1 cord role or cash not sure I'll decide on it if approved.)
The objective of the tour is to spur interest in high level tournament environment games in both the new gen and struggling old gens, however, my intention is to have SV be the primary focus at the beginning. Beyond that, it's a fun format that provides newer and older players with a chance to prove themselves.
1v1 Frontier would be relatively low maintenance and have no overlap with other tours since it never has no strict deadline.

Sanshokuinsumireko

I got the baddest bitches in anime
Project name: BMT
Project Host(s): Sansho in Manwha mode + Akeras
Hosting Experience: Sansho-Bw money tour
Akeras- ABC 1v1 tournament, AAA LC tournament
Project Description: "BMT stands for Break My Team, where a team is featured each week, and all kinds of random counters can be found through community input. The only requirement is that the counter 3-0es the team! How doesn't matter, whether it's putting on a resist berry or running something crazy like Special Attacking Great Tusks, all that matters is that it 3-0es." "we will have voting for the community's favorite counter to be featured with the team! You can vote by reacting with a "Like" or a "Love" to a post with your favorite counter in it." This project will have ten cycles with each cycle lasting one week and the player with the most "community's favorite counter" will win 20 USD. Also, it will feature gens 5-9 with gen 9 taking most the spots for "meta development". If two players at the end of the week finish with the same amount of "community's favorite counter" then they will have an Sv 1v1 bo5 to settle who wins the money.
Weeks-gens
1-9
2-9
3-9
4-9
5-5
6-6
7-7
8-8
9-9
10-9

EDiT:deg just dm on discord I know you will forget to reply :0

Last edited:

glitched

formerly bored_glitch
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
Last edited by a moderator:

fake tom numbers

formerly Tom1535
Tour Name: ADV 1v1 No Johns Tour l
Tour Host(s): Tom1535 Opchurtle100
Time Frame: 3 Days per round, tour length depending on signups, was planning on having it in june/july (same months as adv lt was hosted)
Hosting Experience: Hungry has hosted multiple discord tours, while I am fair and non biased
* Style: Bo5 selim
* Justification: This tournament should reinvigorate the adv cult ADV players while also developing the meta further. It also may draw in new people, and would be practice for the oldgens teamtour that would be coming later this year. Multiple discord tours we hosted had lots more signups than expected, even non ADV players or new people joined in, so people would be interested in joining.

Edit: could also be unofficial adv cup (1 week per round, selim) with classic but idk when classic is

Last edited:

Akeras

We've got to get in to get out
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Tour Name: 1v1 Rainbow League
Tour Host(s): Akeras and Itchy
Time Frame: 2 or 3 weeks for pools phase and after one week per round of play offs. Signups starting on december, like lid d
Hosting Experience: 1v1 ABC wich is at the loser semis stade, and AAA LC wich is ended
Tour Description: : Its a tournament on mono color format, each player is reparted on different pool, each pool has an attribuated color. At the end of the pools, the top 2/3, depend of the number of ins and pools, is qualified, and there is play-offs after, double elim type, and its all. Maybe i add some money, i'm not sure atm.
Bump on that

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
Tour Name: SV 1v1 Best of 2 No Johns Tournament ($15 Prizepool)
Tour Host: Morgan
Time Frame: Max 3 Weeks
Hosting Experience: I've hosted like 6 1v1 tours (1v1 OM Tours, SSNLs)
Tour Description:
Style: Single Elimination, Players play a best of 2 set. If the players tie 1-1, they're both eliminated. Players who won their set 2-0 will move on. 2 Rounds per week. (1-1 in Finals leads to a reset)

Banlist: N/a

Justification: Quick tour, $15 Prizepool, Changes the way 1v1ers have to play around their opponent to succeed.

Akeras

Tour Name: LC 1v1 Tournament
Tour Host(s): Akeras
Time Frame: One week per round, starting after ogpl. One week for the signup.
Hosting Experience: 1v1 ABC Cup, AAA LC, and the top cut of the 1v1 Throwback.
Tour Description:
* Style: Bo5 Double Elimination
* Banlist: Standard LC 1v1 bans, like all the lc bans are applied + Eevee
* Justification: Help to developp the LC 1v1 meta, it has start to developp but cant end without many matches. LC 1v1 is a cool meta, and i think everyone will like it !

Miyoko

Doraemon Enthusiast
is a Tiering Contributor
Project name: 1v1 Fight Night
Project Host(s): Miyoko and bored_glitch
Hosting Experience: N/A since it's my first project
Project Description: This is mainly a project based on top players of 1v1 including Council leaders and members to come against standard 1v1 players in a scheduled time with a large number of people scouting the battle. This increases the viewers count of the games, increases the fame of the tier and also helps standard players to battle vs strong 1v1ers and have the hype of interesting / funny matchups that we usually don't get in regular tournaments.

response on discord, tldr mod team will be doing this but ty for the idea

Akeras

Project name: BMT
Project Host(s): Sansho in Manwha mode + Akeras
Hosting Experience: Sansho-Bw money tour
Akeras- ABC 1v1 tournament, AAA LC tournament
Project Description: "BMT stands for Break My Team, where a team is featured each week, and all kinds of random counters can be found through community input. The only requirement is that the counter 3-0es the team! How doesn't matter, whether it's putting on a resist berry or running something crazy like Special Attacking Great Tusks, all that matters is that it 3-0es." "we will have voting for the community's favorite counter to be featured with the team! You can vote by reacting with a "Like" or a "Love" to a post with your favorite counter in it." This project will have ten cycles with each cycle lasting one week and the player with the most "community's favorite counter" will win 20 USD. Also, it will feature gens 5-9 with gen 9 taking most the spots for "meta development". If two players at the end of the week finish with the same amount of "community's favorite counter" then they will have an Sv 1v1 bo5 to settle who wins the money.
Weeks-gens
1-9
2-9
3-9
4-9
5-5
6-6
7-7
8-8
9-9
10-9

EDiT:deg just dm on discord I know you will forget to reply :0
Bumping on that, apparently sansho doesnt want to do it so i take it.
Starting it after ogpl i think, at least in april

approved, I'd also like to help
- itchy

Vertigo

the inevitable masquerading as a coincidence
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Tour Name: SV 1v1 Monotype
Tour Host(s): Vertigo and someone else with exp to oversee if deemed necessary
Time Frame: Weekly deadlines, starting god knows when lol
Hosting Experience: I've hosted Smogtours, am currently hosting DPP PL and RoA Spotlights
Tour Description:
* Style: Bo5, single elimination
* Banlist: Same Type Clause, otherwise regular ruleset and bans
* Justification: Gimmicky enough to get away of traditional building which people are probably already doing/are gonna do for Majors while still being somewhat competitive and interesting to play, I'm sure there is good enough community support for this

Last edited:

eblurb

Up late thinking about life
is a Tiering Contributor
Tour Name: idk
Tour Host(s): myself, probably can get someone to Consult for like random act decisions etc
Time Frame: weekly deadlines starting (late) may, week long rounds, could change the actual time of the tour to smth else idk but definitely sometime after ogpl
Hosting Experience: i hosted an oras suspect tour lets go
Tour Description: bw 1v1 tournament w all the slimes freed, probably all the way to kyurem-black or cottonee. was an underexplored meta when it was alive and i think bad building led to most of the bans so it's be interesting to see what people can do and what's actually broken. bw 1v1 is also quite stale / possibly unfun right now according to some and mons are locked into their roles so this would be fun and a cool new look / experiment with bw

Tour Name: SV 1v1 Home Kickoff
Tour Host: Lumii + bored_glitch
Hosting Experience: I have hosted 1v1 Global Cup II, SV 1v1 Kickoff, SS 1v1 Divisions Tournament, ORAS 1v1 No Johns, and BW 1v1 No Johns III in the 1v1 Forum.
Tour Description: My current idea is to do five rounds of No Johns Swiss, followed by a No Johns Single Elimination Top Cut. The purpose of the tournament is that it would allow players to get some experience with the new SV meta before PL, which would be starting in roughly a month.

My tentative plan for this tournament would be the following.

Signups Release: June 5th
Swiss Round 1: June 12th
Swiss Round 2: June 15th
Swiss Round 3: June 18th
Swiss Round 4: June 21st
Swiss Round 5: June 24th
Top Cut Round 1: June 27th
Top Cut Round 2: June 30th
Top Cut Round 3: July 3rd
Top Cut Round 4: July 6th
Top Cut Round 5: July 9th

If this tournament was fast-tracked to allow me to release signups tomorrow and start the tournament a week earlier, it would be the following...

Signups Release: May 30th
Swiss Round 1: June 5th
Swiss Round 2: June 8th
Swiss Round 3: June 11th
Swiss Round 4: June 14th
Swiss Round 5: June 17th
Top Cut Round 1: June 20th
Top Cut Round 2: June 23rd
Top Cut Round 3: June 26th
Top Cut Round 4: June 29th
Top Cut Round 5: July 2nd

This would actually be preferred, as it would finish the tournament right around the start of PL, but if this is too rushed, I would not mind waiting a week, but that would go a bit into the time of the first week of PL (July 3rd), so it's slightly less ideal. Anyways, yeah, that's all I've got. If you want to cohost this or something lmk-

Last edited:

Akeras

Tour Name: 1v1 Draft League
Tour Host(s): Akeras and SwordIsBored
Time Frame: Pools of even number depending on the number of signups for picking, then pools are cuted in 2 and each player have to play 1 match per week. Playoffs come after, with 1 week per round. Pick phase during ~ 1 week.
Starting after ogpl or signups during play offs
Hosting Experience: You know ive hosted tours.
Tour Description: It is Bo5 format, bans/unbans/clauses are in the sheet. That is a clearly new format of tournament, so i think manh people will be interested in, from 1v1 or from draft league. The drafting will take place on a side discord server, getting the 1v1 discord rules

Last edited:

DripLegend

is a Forum Moderator
Tour Name: 1v1 Frenemies Tour
Tour Host(s): me and someone else experienced (probably forcing Vertigo to help)
Time Frame: Weekly deadlines, start between classic and wc or wc and champs depending on space
Hosting Experience: Hosted a live tour for ORAS sleep recently
Tour Description: Standard Duo Team Tour that has the top two teams play each other in semifinals, and ends with the winning team's members playing each other head-to-head to determine the winner. Tiers played could change similarly to TTT from week to week in a randomized or planned schedule. i'd prefer planned schedule over random to encourage people to talk to each other and be able to make prep more consistent/easier. I think playing against and teaming with your friends are something a lot of people enjoy so why not put them together?

DripLegend

is a Forum Moderator
Project name: SV 1v1 Research Week (I can think of a better name later)
Project Host(s): me + 413X
Hosting Experience: hosted an ORAS live tour recently, I'm also active on forums and discord.
Project Description: Participants are given a set of 2 or more pokemon to "research" and use on ladder each week, then discuss more about their own findings later on. I really like how the UU forum does this in particular and would like to replicate the style of points given and a mini hall of fame for the thread. The three biggest problems recently I have seen are as follows: 1. Really dead/hard to find games consistently on ladder, 2. No established public setcomp since the release of HOME, and 3. Not much discussion on our own forums. I think this project could really help each of these problems out, and bring a lot more energy back into these aspects of the tier that have become less active.

Last edited:
project name: 1v1 fight nights(alternative name 1v1 fight week)
Project host: find whoever idc
Hosting experience: I've set the tables at my grandma's when she's had guests over
Project description: this comes from the idea of a game jam, where people are given a general idea and 3 days to develop a game. Every week/month, we announce a new tour with a unique idea(for example, sm 1v1 with fully evolved pokemon banned), and give people 3 days to theorize and to build teams before a live tour is created and people duel it out in real time. If the metagame is popular enough and has enough resources, maybe it can become a 1v1 om.

Work in progress

Last edited:

Sificon

I'm not here for your entertainment
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Project name: 1v1 RBY Cup
Project Host(s): just me
Hosting Experience: I hosted a bunch of RoA Spotlight tours, both RoA and 1v1 Live Tours, Smogon Tour, RoA World Cup and currently RBY PL
Project Description: Very Simple, since there's currently the 1v1 Classic going on and we have unofficial GSC and ADV Cup, I think it'd be a fitting time to have a 1v1 RBY Cup. Ideally if this gets approved, I'd post Signups this weekend, Signups would be up for 1 week until 8th of October and Round 1 starts on the 9th

bern

professional 1v1 fraud
is a Social Media Contributor
Tour Name: SV 1v1 The Indigo Disk-off (place holder)
Tour Hosts: Bernian & SwordIsBored
Time Frame: Signups would start in the same or next week when The Indigo Disk DLC for Pokemon Scarlet/Violet comes out. Tour will last 8 weeks total.
Hosting Experience: Bernian: 1v1 Fight Nights.
Sword: DPP 1v1 Cup, ORAS 1v1 Live, Modern Gen 3 Kickoff Tour, 1v1 Fight Nights.
Tour Description: A simple 1v1 tour inspired by Lumii's Kickoff tours, there will be four rounds of Swiss, with the top 16 players qualifying in a single-elimination bracket. The point of this tournament is to promote development for the DLC2 meta before the 2024 Tournament Circuit (more specifically, Global Cup III) begins.

Edit: Now that the release date for the Indigo Disk has been revealed (December 14th), Sword and I have hammered out the dates for the tour to begin.
Signups Release: December 11th
Swiss Round 1: December 18th
Swiss Round 2: December 25th
Swiss Round 3: January 1st
Swiss Round 4: January 8th
Top Cut Round 1: January 15th
Top Cut Round 2: January 22th
Semifinals: January 29th
Finals: February 5th

Last edited:
Painting_20231105080743.png

Project name: SV 1v1: The Next Best Thing

Project Host: AyushKr_PKMN

Hosting Experience: I only host Next Best Thing Projects. Following are the list of my project hosts (they might seem a lot at first sight, but the hosting work takes like 15 mins, and the work is done on weekly basis):

:ting-lu: SV OU: The Next Best Thing
:koraidon: SV Ubers: The Next Best Thing
:magearna: SV Ubers UU: The Next Best Thing

(This list is ever-growing. I'm also going to be the host for the SV RU: The Next Best Thing in a week or so!!)

Project Description: The Next Best Thing is a project where the users can submit & search for various creative but viable Pokemon sets, utilising the power of various underlooked & unexpected moves/items, or a combination of both in a set.

Here, you'll find many sets that might seem vague, but in reality carves out a niche in this metagame. These sets are excellent at acting as a surprise factor, which can totally change the the match.

You may also find how potent a Pokemon can be by looking, playing & even creating some out-of-the-box sets, that are definitely unworthy at first sight.

Tour Name: SV 1v1 UU Swiss
Tour Host(s): Mishlef/Anyone else interested in hosting
Time Frame: Depending on how many signups but cut to top 16/24 SE playoffs after X weeks of Swiss
Hosting Experience: None, but I've been around for a while and active as an old gen tier leader
Tour Description: This will be a Swiss style tournament so that it will allow for players to experiment with the meta and guaranteed to play a certain number of games while still being eligible for playoffs. The format will be based on ladder usage stats from November 2023 that was then frozen so the metagame wasn't constantly unpredictable and changing. Additionally, after testing the metagame with some friends additional bans were made as necessary. Overall there is a challenge code that is the simplest way to see the banned mons, items, and moves.

This will also be the project proposal with the same general details:
Council: Mishlef (Leader), DripLegend , zioziotrip
Resources: A VR and a team dump will be available (prior to the tour) as well as the beginnings of a set compendium (that will probably be finished and released after Swiss Tour if everything gets approved and goes well)

/challenge gen91v1@@@ -Ogerpon-Hearthflame, -Iron Valiant, -Regidrago, -Sylveon, -Zapdos, -Volcanion, -Azumarill, -Skeledirge, -Ninetales-Alola, -Corviknight, -Cresselia, -Iron Hands, - Chien-Pao, -Baxcalibur, -Manaphy, -Walking Wake, -Dragapult, -Urshifu, -Goodra-Hisui, -Diancie, -Donphan, -Spectrier, -Ursaluna-Bloodmoon, -Landorus-Therian, -Meowscarada, -Great Tusk, -Annihilape, -Moltres-Galar, -Ogerpon-Wellspring, -Espathra, -Volcarona, -Magnezone, -Sneasler, -Ursaluna, -Ting-Lu, -Iron Moth, -Roaring Moon, -Rillaboom, -Haxorus, -Darkrai, -Dondozo, -Kingambit, -Garchomp, -Scizor, -Heatran, -Enamorus, -Greninja, -Talonflame, -Ninetales, -Avalugg-Hisui, -Okidogi, -Glastrier, -Fezandipiti, -Tinkaton, -Weezing-Galar, -Iron Bundle, -Custap Berry, -Sacred Fire, -Landorus-Incarnate, -Bellibolt, -Basculegion, -Whimsicott, -Shaymin, -Enamorus-Therian, -Ogerpon, -Suicune, -Sableye, +Basculegion-F, -Goodra, -Porygon2, -Porygon-Z, -Gliscor, -Metagross, -Registeel, -Serperior, -Kyurem, -Meloetta, -Primarina, -Necrozma, -Hoopa-Unbound, -Gouging Fire, -Iron Crown, -Hydrapple, -Raging Bolt, -Cinderace, -Iron Boulder, -Archaludon, -Duraludon, -Latias, +Zapdos-Galar, -Pecharunt, -Dusknoir, -Maushold, -Slaking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)