All Gens 1v1 Throwback

Jrsmash9

jrsmash that timer
Being the new GSC 1v1 Tier Leader I thought I would update the viability rankings.
GSC VIABILITY RANKINGS:
S
Zapdos
Raikou

A
Marowak
Machamp
Suicune

A
Tyranitar
Heracross
Vaporeon
Meganium
A-
Steelix
Clefable
Exeggutor
Starmie
Gengar

B+
Nidoking
Dragonite
Miltank
Blissey
Venusaur

B
Alakazam
Porygon2
Rhydon
Quagsire
Espeon
Skarmory
Piloswine
B-

Tauros
Umbreon
Mr. Mime
Raichu
Entei
Jynx
Tentacruel
Jolteon
Moltres

C
Charizard
Aerodactyl
Houndoom
Nidoqueen
Donphan
Ampharos

Sample Teams:
Coming Soon

Rules:
OU Banlist + Accuracy-Lowering moves, Snorlax, Sleep Moves, and Swagger

Last edited:

dom

Banned deucer.
??????????????? nope. that is not how you lead a tier. is making really shit tiering decisions how you're gonna "engage" the "community" (which doesn't exist outside the leaders, who btw are the worst). i mean of course i'm gonna defend jumpluff but if anything i know it the best. it's stupidly easy to prepare for, i'm not sure why you're acting like you need an obscure ass mon to win. here are some options.
s rank 2/3
Infernape - scarf wins
Porygon-Z - scarf (best set) wins
rhyperior - loses
a+ Rank 7/7
Heatran scarf / taunt wins
Jirachi scarf (only set) wins with trick
Latias jumpluff usually loses when it needs to tie to win.
Latios ""
Snorlax - wins with rest
Togekiss - scarf/roost wins (so almost all)
Weavile - wins

A Rank 3/6
Celebi - wins
Dragonite - usually loses
Gengar - lati@s thing but hits harder with sludge bomb
Machamp - usually loses but wins with rest
Rotom-Wash - ""
Tyranitar - scarf / taunt wins but loses otherwise
Zapdos - roost wins

the supermajority of s, a+ and a ranks beat jumpluff easily, not to mention it can miss, it loses to mons with basically any recovery at all, lum berry mons, the list goes on. tldr unban pluff saying it's broken is really dumb.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
With 1v1 Throwback Premier League entering the finals week, we urge people to discuss some of these topics

Potential Bans: I have heard some whispers and mumblings about ADV Lax and Suicune and Sleep in DPP. If you think something is unhealthy, come on here and explain why, with compelling evidence of course.

BW Unbans: People have gotten pissed off at me for banning Jirachi and Kyurem-Black right before the tour. Now that you've all had an opportunity to play the BW 1v1 meta without these two, do you think the meta is better off with or without their presence?

Viability Updates: One of the major reasons I held this tour in the first place was to develop the metagames and have people test out mons to see what does and what doesn't work. We plan to have some viability updates post-PL, but we're not quite sure what to do. Players, give us your thoughts!

dom

Banned deucer.
free kyub and rachi, although it's funny that the people not allowed to vote in 1v1 suspect tests are the one running these old gen metas.
kyub: without z-moves really isn't too broken. band and specs aren't overwhelming and scarf is far from broken. really not that versatile.
rachi: it's sort of hard to defend rachi, but i just don't think it was broken. main reason though: i think the meta was healthier with it. dragons are super annoying without faries and generally hard to counter. iron head is iron head but it really doesn't cheese that many matchups. cool check to pz which with the specs/scarf/custap kyub-syndrome is annoying.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Eyo, it me Dramps, time for some post-PL changes for the two tiers I run.

ADV
Snorlax is quickbanned. Fears about this Pokemon have gone back to the very beginnings of Throwback, but in the TPL setting, the extent of its terrifying power has been set in stone. Checks to this Pokemon are already limited, and with its incredible stats and movepool, Snorlax can circumvent each and every one of them, unless you wanna run Band Low Kick Machamp on all your teams. Anyone who played Gen 3 in the league can attest to all of this. As such, Snorlax is hereby declared banned from ADV 1v1.

But Snorlax is not the only S rank under scrutiny, for Suicune is being suspected. Suicune has its own qualities that make possibly unhealthy, such as titanic bulk and an amazing typing. However, I have decided not to quickban it because there is some uncertainty in the community about whether its broken. It has more counters than Snorlax such as Electrics, and it can't do all the crazy lures that Lax can. Due to the relatively small size of the playerbase, we'll be taking the standard 1v1 approach to suspects, where you guys gotta convince me to ban/keep it unbanned.

Moving on to BW...

Kyurem-Black is unbanned.
I got a lot of backlash for unbanning it before, and upon further inspection, I figure that it's not too bad. However, I will NOT be unbanning Jirachi, for I don't believe in unbanning dumb shit like rachi just to check some dragons, and besides, Kyub's return should do the trick.

Tagging urkerab to implement these changes on rom. I would also like to know if I could possibly receive permission to do room tours on there, I would like to do a suspect tour or two for Suicune.

Hey,
i had the pleasure to play adv in this tour, goat manager fanyfan let me choose that or bw i think and i enjoy adv a ton in any tier.

building teams was hard damn, snorlax and cune just being massive bitches to handle while still making sure u don't get whoopped by hera or slaking or w/e, u name it

the last team i built and probably one of my fave looking ones was cbtar+endeavorpert+protoxkou

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Raikou @ Magnet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic
- Protect

Swampert @ Salac Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 164 Def / 164 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Endeavor

modest kou is enough for stuff like potential jolly gon/mence/zap even, protect was as a toxic booster you could call it but also as a slaking countermeasure, hp ice is for dragons, the pert spread/set damn, i tried to work smth out that doesnt lose to cb hera, this chews cb megahorn pops salac and torrent and bests it if it hits (which hera has to do too to smack it) and also outspeed jolly/timid 100s
cbtar is just cbtar really, brickbreak was supposed to be safer against lax

another idea that i liked was counter regice,which seemed cool on paper but didnt really work out in practice.
Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Celebi @ Lum Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Calm Mind
- Leech Seed
- Recover

Regice @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpA
Serious Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Counter
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Rest

Cb hera just looked good against a lot of the meta,the spread outspeed like stuff that aims for jolly tar i think, whcih might be unnecessary but i enjoy my speedcreeps and smooth spreads, cm bi has an ok ish chance at beating cune and the regice spread lives all sorts of stuff, anythign from slaking thats not a hyperbeam or focuspunch, anything from.non cb hera, and the 216bold chews a cbtar rockslide

built like 6 teams worth showing, i'll post more when i get off of phone

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Quick announcement:

Leftovers are unbanned in ADV. The reason they were banned to begin with was because of concerns over Struggle mechanics from this generation leading to endless battles. But they aren't banned in Gen 2, a much bulkier meta, and people there manage. So yeah. Ban's not needed.

EDIT: To avoid double-posting, here's a quick but important VR change.

Slaking: B- ---> A+
Probably the most extreme VR change thus far, but it is more than warranted. Originally considered a shitmon, Slaking put in a ton of work during the ADV rounds of the TPL. Choice Band Slaking sets are monstrous, with even Double-Edge netting KOs, let alone Hyper Beam. It also has an assortment of coverage, including Earthquake, Brick Break and Shadow Ball, all of this coming off a titanic 160 attack stat. Truant is still a bother, and keeps it from reaching S rank, however.

Last edited:

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Took me long enough, huh

Anyway, I definitely think suicune deserves a ban in adv 1v1. Like, there’s a couple ways of dealing with it. Overpowering it, (with slaking or with a type advantage), stalling it (which is hard to do since it has pressure) or critting it, which isn’t reliable. It is really centralizing the meta and making building hard. It isn’t broken, but it’s effect on building is really bad.

On another note, ban slaking. Protect shouldn’t have to be run on every team

fanyfan

As new Dpp TL I Present: Dpp 1v1 Resources
Gen 4 1v1

Viability Rankings

S Rank
Porygon-Z
Rhyperior

A+ Rank
Heatran
Infernape
Jirachi
Latios
Snorlax
Togekiss
Weavile

A Rank
Celebi
Dragonite
Gengar
Latias
Machamp
Rotom-Wash
Tyranitar
Zapdos

A- Rank
Bronzong
Empoleon
Gliscor
Medicham

B+ Rank
Aerodactyl
Azelf
Gyarados
Hippowdon
Scizor
Suicune
Swampert
Vaporeon

B Rank
Abomasnow
Breloom
Lucario
Metagross
Regirock

B- Rank
Blissey
Cresselia
9370D23F-B416-46B6-A2EC-E3226F5F7ADA.png
Gastrodon
Heracross

Banlist

OU Banlist
Unbans: Wobbuffet, Wynaut, Latias, Latios
Move Bans: Explosion, Self Destruct, Fissure, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, Guillotine, Double Team, Minimize, Flash, Kinesis, Sand Attack, Smokescreen, Swagger, Perish Song
Item Bans: Soul Dew, Focus Sash
Watchlist: Sleep Moves, Porygon-Z

Last edited:
Reactions: pqs

fanyfan

Sorry for the double post, but here are the changes I made to the vr.
Infernape S to A+
Latias A+ to A
Breloom B- to B
Gastrodon UR to B-
Removed c ranks since I don’t see much use for them

fanyfan

Ok, triple post, but I have an announcement.
Sleep-inducing moves are banned from dpp 1v1
I’ll edit this post with reasoning when I’m not lazy. Also, unless there’s opposition, I’ll remove all mons that rely on sleep moves from the vr soon

dom

Banned deucer.

fanyfan

pushback here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/1v1-throwback.3632458/page-2#post-7804683 also "doing things and then hoping theres no pushback" is not a viable tier leading strategy.
Well, I asked around on Discord and got only support for it. You had a chance to voice your opposition then. We’ve been talking about banning sleep-inducing moves for a while. You could have spoken then. The post you linked focuses on one mon and ignores the reason sleep-inducing moves were banned and doesn’t even mention sleep-inducing moves as a whole being banned. I guess I should stop being lazy and provide the reasoning.
Sleep-inducing moves were deemed uncompetitive. The amount of turns in Gen 4 are even more then they are in later gens (1-4) and the turns of sleep you get influence the battle much more than player skill. Having Pokémon capable of beating them doesn’t take away the uncompetitive aspect that they bring.
If you wish to respond to argue that they shouldn’t be banned, go ahead. However, maybe next time you complain about someone abusing their power, maybe you should actually let them know that there’s opposition to what has been said for a long time. Otherwise, it comes off as you not caring enough and you being mad for the sake of being mad.

fanyfan

Double post because this is important.
First of all, dom and I had a conversation about whether sleep-inducing moves should be allowed in Gen 4 1v1. He allowed me to show the logs for transparency and to allow the community to see the reasoning behind both sides.
8DE52CDD-5B4D-4EFF-831C-80FBEF051A2A.jpeg
6D48B4F0-0AA1-41D3-9EE0-A8F3DD7A796E.jpeg
8DE52CDD-5B4D-4EFF-831C-80FBEF051A2A.jpeg
6D48B4F0-0AA1-41D3-9EE0-A8F3DD7A796E.jpeg
C82CFA36-FD9A-434F-9579-1463FC3DB906.jpeg
67209C30-3EAE-46E4-ACF5-D38DF96AC264.jpeg
1730AF6E-561F-4223-B410-5ECB0B725844.jpeg
1EC89220-7521-4AE3-B797-A87131C32FEB.jpeg
05D3037A-E811-404C-9A60-F53AD23E2807.jpeg
4DA25888-0C77-4409-BEE5-C89AA49DB981.jpeg
5CB6A2D5-4CAD-4FB4-883C-378E7B49EE0D.jpeg

On a related note, please take this poll. I made this to gauge community opinions on this issue and it would be very helpful for you all to take it. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KP5xKh6dUc8snH6EvcvcgVI62A7AeXHgS23hzv5uQR8

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Well, it does appear I have neglected this for a bit. Sorry about that guys!

With that said, I would like to announce that I fully intend to get this back up and running. To start off with, I would like to announce that we are slowly building up a new series of councils for each generation:

neomon has become an ADV council member.
fanyfan has become a council member for every generation aside from DPP, where he is TL.

We are aiming for at least 3 council members for each generation (TLs are functionally the same as council members). Right now ADV has 4, and the rest have 2. Please DM me if you wish to join!

Also we would like you to know that our next big tourney is just on the horizon. All you need to know is that it's gonna make 1v1TPL look like trash in comparison. On top of this, I'm gonna see if I can figure out a way to do weekly room tours. Be excited!

Oh, and yes, Sleep shall indeed remain banned in DPP for now.

EDIT: blondesasukeuchiha joins the Gen 5 council! Now that gen has 3 council members.

Last edited:

fanyfan

So Dramps has stepped down so I lead this thing now. As leader, my first announcement is that Kyurem-Black and Jirachi are unbanned from gen 5 1v1. I want gen 5 1v1 to remain consistent across the site so now the meta should be consistent with what’s in the official 1v1 tours. Also, there’s a new project in the works so keep your eye out for that!

Took me long enough, huh

Anyway, I definitely think suicune deserves a ban in adv 1v1. Like, there’s a couple ways of dealing with it. Overpowering it, (with slaking or with a type advantage), stalling it (which is hard to do since it has pressure) or critting it, which isn’t reliable. It is really centralizing the meta and making building hard. It isn’t broken, but it’s effect on building is really bad.

On another note, ban slaking. Protect shouldn’t have to be run on every team
slaking can lose if its the right set, the only things u can (semi) reliably beat it with: magnet zap/kou, cm hp grass bi, or any other whack electric type, and snorlax, one of the better measures, is gone aswell, AND we freed lefties. i think its time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)