1v1 1v1 Summer Seasonal - Round 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

1v1 Summer Seasonal

(lol I forgot to get art, oops!)
Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the US/UM 1v1 ladder on the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of five, double elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Replays are not required but I encourage posting them for the development of the metagame.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
The deadline is Thursday, August 2 somewhere in the vicinity of 2 PM UTC. Honestly, just get games done like you did last round and we'll be fine.

Round 8

Winners' Bracket

UnleashOurPassion vs. ggopw
Dazel
vs. UBERLandon21

Losers' Bracket

TheShadowClaw vs. TGC United
ayedan vs. Quote

Best of luck to our eight remaining participants!

Last edited:

Tol

Retirement house
I’d be willing to bet that at this point everyone’s predicts have gone to hell (dazelel in final 4 of winners + me, ayedan, and quote in final 4 of losers are examples) but here goes nothing
7/7 RIFTCARDS over gg op w: *casually crits hilo twice*
puzzle master under UBERMELOETTA21: this ain’t smogon puzzle hunt dazelel, you can’t carry here
AYYYYYDAN over quote: to quote the man himself, “no u”
Not predicting my own match

Landon

im in that tonka
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Game 1: Charizard X hard counters stall Deoxys-S, 1-0 Landon
Game 2: Hyper Beam doesn't crit, 1-1 tie
Game 3: Swampert gets the free turn it needs, 2-1 Dazel
Game 4: Mew lives the crit Hyper Beam from Meloetta, 3-1 Dazel
Result: Beat Landon in four.
Time to make excuses give reasonings :)

Game 1: Predicted the Deo-S to come out, therefore I go Zard X which beats stall Deo-S.
Game 2: He obv was going Quag here, so Gardevoir was the pick. Gardevoir should just 3-0, BUT I decided not to pay attention and mega evolve. Thus, letting the unaware Quag win. :/
Game 3: I knew that was Theheheheh's team and that my Melo was faster then his Melo. I had to pick Melo b/c Swamp was his play there. He picked Swamp and I actually expected him to Yawn turn 1, but he didn't, so he ended up blocking my Z-Move. That was well played on his part. After that there was really no chance of winning b/c a +1 Hyper Beam didnt ko the swampert.
Game 4: Here I took Ken's advice to make the obv play, so I picked melo expecting him to think i wasnt gonna make a obv play, but he didnt go for prima and that ended up costing me. It was a good play on his part.

anyways, ggs man and wp

BUT I decided not to pay attention and mega evolve. Thus, letting the unaware Quag win. :/
As it turns out, even tracing Unaware, regular Gardevoir really has no chance of beating Quagsire
252+ SpA Gardevoir Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Quagsire on a critical hit: 249-294 (63.1 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Still, ggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)