Resource 1v1 Sets Viability Rankings

Ik no one uses this, but end gen roundup must be done
CharX
Specially defensive: A+ -> S-/S
Thing should be emphasized that it's the better set.

Dragonite
Choice Scarf: UR -> A/Higher
Honestly the set that makes Dragonite close to busted, covers a huge number of threats to the other sets and is pretty insane on its own.

Magearna
Fairium Z: A+ -> S-
We have an S- tier for a reason homies

Greninja
Sub + Torrent A- -> A
Choice Specs: A- -> A/A+
Unpredictability isn't what makes gren so great, bread and butter sets are good on their own too.

Metagross-Mega
Specially Defensive B+ -> A-/A
Fast Sub: UR -> A-/A
Magnet Rise: UR -> B+/A-
Some good sets aren't ranked, and some solid sets are ranked too low, spdef is good cause u beat gren, etc.

Porygon-Z
Custap: C+ -> B-
Maybe outclassed by Z conversion, but still a good set by itself.

Gardevoir-Mega
Bulky Attacker: A- -> A
Really good in this meta, especially with WoW and access to encore, CM, and taunt
Offensive: B -> B+
Doesn't lose that much bulk, only MU you lose is Garchomp while gaining edges in Bulu and Clef/Bro

Meloetta
Z-Celebrate: A -> A+
Z-Laser Focus -> Z-Calm Mind (A)
See VR for celebrate, Z celebrate also runs laser focus so Z LF should be Calm Mind.

Zygarde-C
Physically Defensive Groundium: A -> A-

Kommo-o
Specially Defensive: B+ -> A-

Landorus-Therian
Groundium Z: A- -> B+
Choice Scarf: C+ -> B-
Choice Scarf is good, Groundium is worse than Flynium in the meta rn, see VR for more.

Zeraora
Dragonium Z: C -> B+
Mixed: UR -> B-/B
The mixed set is really good, letting it break though threats like Magearna, Kew, and Type:Null.

Altaria-Mega
Defensive: B+ -> A-

Clefable
Psychium Z: B+ -> A-

Garchomp
Groundium Z: B -> B+
Osra you already know, this thing is really good.

Heatran
Air Balloon: B -> B+
Z-Solar Beam: B- -> B/B+

Primarina
Primarium Z: B+ -> A-

Sableye-Mega
Specially Defensive: B -> B+
Thing is ranked B+, this set is good. Nuff said

Serperior
Leftovers: UR -> B+/A-
How you ain't gonna rank the best set of this great mon. Lefties guarantees sub stalling and can help with matchups like victini where you need to pp stall.

Victini
Icium Z: C+ -> B-
Good set, beats Dragonite and Chomp.

Lopunny-Mega
Sub+Encore: C+ -> B-
See VR. Unpredictability makes this B+.

Necrozma
Stored Power: B -> B+
This set is incredibly good. In addition to synergizing well with it's other set, it beats a huge amount of mons in the meta due to it's stellar bulk and typing. You can even beat mons like Specs Gren that are immune to your attack through raw pp stall.

Sawk
Choice Scarf: C -> B+
Ok, big incrase but I promise this set is great in the current meta. It beats all the standards like Gren and Registeel, but also Garchomp with Ice Punch, 50/50s CharX, Garde, Lele, rolls Fini. It's really good and I encourage you to try using it before you vote this suggestion down.
Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpA / 20 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Laser Focus
- King's Shield

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Calm Mind

Sawk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Type:Null
PP Stall: B -> B+
See VR, another contributer to this rise is the increasing usage of flame charge which is good AF as it lets you beat some taunt mons like Kee mew.

Medicham Mega
All-Out Attacker: B- -> B/B+

Tapu Bulu
Grassium Z: B- -> B
See VR, great stallbreaking capabilities that are especially good in this slow meta.

Chansey
Defensive: C+ -> B-
See VR, Charm is really good

Aron
FEAR: D -> C-
I took 2 games off Aidan in LT, nuff said.

Gardevoir-Mega
Bulky Attacker: A- -> A
Really good in this meta, especially with WoW and access to encore, CM, and taunt
Offensive: B -> B+
Doesn't lose that much bulk, only MU you lose is Garchomp while gaining edges in Bulu and Clef/Bro

Zeraora
Dragonium Z: C -> B+
Mixed: UR -> B-/B
The mixed set is really good, letting it break though threats like Magearna, Kew, and Type:Null.
I see Zeraora, I make post
Gardevoir: 220 Atk Choice Band Garchomp Poison Jab vs. 240 HP / 32 Def Gardevoir-Mega: 348-410 (103.2 - 121.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO EQ is a 75% chance

Mixed Zeraora was also said to be included in Electrium, I would advocate for a separation it if it was separated I'd say both in B+, see my previous post on this

Dragonium Zera has a 50/50 with encore Primarina lol
(Plasma Fists won't kill and will bring them into Torrent, letting them OHKO. If you charge, they can encore and well you're dead)
Dragonium is really more of a bait set (like use a different Mon if you want to kill dragons) which doesn't warrant it B+ with Electrium. At most it can match the others at B-

Oh an also mixed doesn't beat Type:Null very well 3tenky5me
They confide in your charge, so you Z-Plasma Fists
+2 60 Atk Zeraora Gigavolt Havoc (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 80+ Def Eviolite Type: Null: 262-310 (66.6 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO just pretend it's a charge boost
60 Atk Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 248 HP / 80+ Def Eviolite Type: Null: 75-88 (19 - 22.3%) -- possible 5HKO then they rest and do type: null stall things

I see Zeraora, I make post
Gardevoir: 220 Atk Choice Band Garchomp Poison Jab vs. 240 HP / 32 Def Gardevoir-Mega: 348-410 (103.2 - 121.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO EQ is a 75% chance

Mixed Zeraora was also said to be included in Electrium, I would advocate for a separation it if it was separated I'd say both in B+, see my previous post on this

Dragonium Zera has a 50/50 with encore Primarina lol
(Plasma Fists won't kill and will bring them into Torrent, letting them OHKO. If you charge, they can encore and well you're dead)
Dragonium is really more of a bait set (like use a different Mon if you want to kill dragons) which doesn't warrant it B+ with Electrium. At most it can match the others at B-

Oh an also mixed doesn't beat Type:Null very well 3tenky5me
They confide in your charge, so you Z-Plasma Fists
+2 60 Atk Zeraora Gigavolt Havoc (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 80+ Def Eviolite Type: Null: 262-310 (66.6 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO just pretend it's a charge boost
60 Atk Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 248 HP / 80+ Def Eviolite Type: Null: 75-88 (19 - 22.3%) -- possible 5HKO then they rest and do type: null stall things
on the prima mu they click sub and then u lose. The big MUs you gain are Garchomp and Dragonite. I agree that it's a bait set, but it's quite effective. I think that B-/B is a good resting point, I think that i could've been a little too optimistic. The Garde MU is why it should be higher at least, idk how you're interpreting it.

Nomming Banded Mamoswine (and thus Mamoswine in general) to C
HiVel Mammunition (Mamoswine) @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 124 HP / 108 Atk / 140 Def / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Icicle Spear
- Stone Edge/Superpower

Tanks Serp Leaf Storm (shut up grassium), 252+ Z-Outrage from Dragonite, outspeeds 252 Magearna (you can play the speed creep game with Dragonite if you want to beat Special and Band)
Icicle Spear is there to deny Donphan and Golem's Counter, and also Jumpluff and Vivillon
You could run Superpower for Heatran if you'd like, replacing Stone Edge

Unlike the other D mons, it's not some gimmick on your team solely for psychological warfare. Mamoswine feels like an actual mon that can do things. It can beat most Dragonite (tanks scarf, band and special are the speed creep game), beats Magearna, 50/50s Zard X, bops Zeraora, bops Zygarde, bops Aegislash, has a good chance against Kommo-o (plus 30% flinch) as long as it outspeeds, bops Lando T, pew pews Donphan, bop Garchomp, etc.
tldr: Ground and Ice are both stellar offensive typings, and Mamoswine has the attack stat to use it

Needless to say, it's far from perfect: it dies to Magnezone flash cannon, Metagross, gets horribly bopped by faster special attackers, dies to Banded V-Create, and can't kill Mega Mawile, but it's not like C rank asking very much when that's the same rank Pykumuku is. It has a unique STAB combination, both of which are very good offensively, and a pretty hefty attack stat. This lets it be a legitimate contender for your teamslot, which I believe is enough to warrant a C rank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)