Project 1v1 Secret Santa

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Hey!! Here's your Scarf Zolt team tenzhii I hope u like it!!
:ss/dracozolt: :ss/metagross: :ss/sylveon:
https://pokepast.es/fd37c7a7b15d28f1
Choice Scarf Zolt is a quite good revenge killer honestly, as it can revenge kill mons such as Band GDarm, Fini, non-Scarf Pult and other stuff due to it's raw power, I don't think I rly need to explain the set but it can beat Ferro w/Flamethrower. AV Metagross improves the Sylv MU (aka broken kitten) while also having an ok bulk. Sylveon in the last slot as I've found Regidrago to be quite annoying and it's honestly painful to face.

Merry christmas to everyone!!

TDR

basics
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
hey XanderUrBoi, hope you're doing great man! here's the araquanid team you had requested for, i am not that great in 1v1 team building but kinda figured it out with the help of my good friend Cat food and :D

So, here's the team :

Araquanid @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Liquidation
- Lunge
- Leech Life

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Outrage

Necrozma @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 92 SpA / 20 SpD
Modest Nature
- Prismatic Laser
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power

ok so basically this team revolves around a mirror coat assault vest araquanid which can deal with all special attackers like necrozma, lele, fini and stuff, lunge is for physical abusers like urshifu and bulk up mons. Next on the team is zera to deal with threats like aggron and some speed on and the last mon is a standard specs necrozma. Hope you liked the team, i am not the best with explaining stuff though if you have any questions/issues free feel to ask :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! also have a great year ahead :blobnom:

Almost late but never late ! bea
https://pokepast.es/60504db2ca266be3

I'm not very fond of sylveon, but i tried to make it work in a team inspired by the DFS core without using it.

Like you wanted i choosed Sylveon :ss/sylveon: (Specs ^^) working as a solid counter to a majority of the dragon types.
I choosed a Life Orb kartana :ss/kartana: to deal with endure users and others fairy (mostly fini and primarina) with his steel/grass coverage.
Finally i used a defensive rotom-wash :ss/rotom-wash: to deal with mons like steela/magnezone and physicals attackers.

If you have questions ask me them, i tried to do a good team but i'm not that good at teambuilding lmao

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY !

Last edited:
Hello piyush master here is your team:

:duraludon:

Duraludon outspeeds 252 spe zone, goes max def for bpress and dumps rest in hp.
Glastrier bulks max spa nihilego meteor beam and adaband haxorus close combat, and rest is dumped in atk. it also underspeeds aggron for no reason lol.
Tapu Koko outspeeds base 100s, tanks max spa volcanion sludge wave and dumps rest in spa.

av entei is kinda sketchy so you can drop taunt for roost on koko to make that matchup a bit more solid at the cost of getting 3-0d by gorsola.
spectrier is also not too good, so you can add payback on glastrier and have a much worse pz matchup.
volcarona 3-0s, but u might be able to beat it with a weird rock type move on glastrier.
zeraora and heatran pretty much destroy this team tho, so here's another team that doesnt lose to this stuff:

Duraludon has the same set as before.
Landorus-Therian goes max speed to outspeed pz and also speedtie opposing landos (not sure if this does much). It tanks max spa volcanion steam eruption. rest is dumped in attack.
Alolan Ninetales tanks max atk haxorus pjab and specs necrozma and outspeeds zarude. rest is dumped in spa.

this team gets 3-0d by sylveon and phero.
tapu fini and primarina are also pretty sketchy, but i think you can do something with ninetales.

both teams have to setguess garm and probably some other stuff too like dracozolt.
trick metagross also poses a very big threat to both of theses teams, but I dont have time to make another team lol
I probably missed some 3-0s :blobshrug:

Duraludon was pretty hard build. While it has unique typing and decent spa, def, and speed, its spd and hp are so pathetic that it doesn't have much of an opportunity to capitalize on its typing. However, it is one of very few pokemon that learn idpress and laser focus, allowing it to take out many opposing bpress mons and physical attackers including (but not limited to) ferrothorn, aggron, avalugg, glastrier, registeel, and even garm (with some setguessing).

Here are some extra Duraludon sets I made:

test 1 is the one I used in your teams, test 2 is bulked for specs necro plaser (but it will lose to LO CM lol), and test 3 is bulked for specs volcanion overheat (rest is dumped in def). test 3 can also run metal burst over flash cannon I guess. its not that good tbh XD

Merry Christmas :)

Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas Here Comes Team Charm!!

Let's be honest, DFS and FWG are boring cores, standard Kartanas sets are also boring. Since I was not allowed to use AV Kart (grr), I decided to make some sort of Grass Rock Fire core (pretend Cress is a fire type).

Salac Kart is a really cool tech, I've never used Cresselia, being a mon that resists fighting and having good ground mu, and I really enjoy TR encore stuff.

Kartana @ Salac Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 236 Atk / 48 SpD / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Endure

Cresselia @ Kee Berry
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Reflect
- Rest
- Stored Power

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Encore

Salac Kart is outspeeds Zarude, SpDef tanks two Aroma Moonblasts for best mu, also outspeeds Nihilego and Garchomp. Leaf Blade is a strong STAB move, and Sacred Sword gives a better Zarude mu. Swords Dance beats like Chansey and Blissey, as well as beats Registeel because of Sacred Sword. Endure for obvious reasons.

Cresselia gives the team a better fighting type and a ground type mu because of Levitate. EV's creep Celesteela, max HP for bulk and rest in Defense for Physical attackers. Reflect + Kee berry to be able to withstand strong physical moves, Calm Mind boosts SpDef as well as SpA, which helps towards Stored Power. Rest for recovery and more PP.

Diancie has the standard compendium TR encore set, tanks Jolly CB Earthquake from Haxorus, SpDef is for the best odds of taking two Sludge Wave from Timid Specs (or Modest LO) Naganadel so you can 2HKO back. Diamond Storm and Moonblast are strong STAB moves, Trick Room + Encore can stall break and help Diancie outspeed certain mons.

Anyways, hope you enjoy your team and Merry Christmas!

sorry my guy superstrike66 i forgot to post the team here it is https://pokepast.es/02fc97b321ba8b0d

so the idea is to use Exxegutor and azumarril as you main answer most things that executor dies to gets killed by abzu and golbat is there as moral support also as an anti staller since it cant be poisoned and most people ff after seeing super fang+poison fang, if you wanna use golbat more i reccomend switching poison fangs and super fang with torment toxic, the exeggutor is really nice since it can tank a hit and then synthesis to waste pp or just energy ball to one shot someone if u wanna u can run max speed so then light screen covers draco meteor but like i didnt fight any mon that draco meteored the tree in testing just a tip, very weak to ice but like life is weak to ice since its the season
sorry about being late and happy new yeah

Pice sorry this was long over do but im your Secret Santa
https://pokepast.es/b75aaa50f1eea496

SO you asked for a bellossom team, and i have Provided..... Let me tell you Making a Bellossom team for me is hard cause i dont use grass mons that hard but i made it the best i can. I did not want to use the Standard Comp set that's a setup user.

For Bellossom I went with a WP Bellosson thats a bit tanky so u can either Sap turn 1 or Sleep powder T1 depending on the mon is physical or special. Now the reason i chose WP is it lacks in power so get hit with a physical Super effective move like Pjab on garchomp as long as u Sap t1 u can kill next turn with moonblast.

Now For the other two mons Landorus and corviknight, This entire team is Really weak to Darm-G so to help with that cause i used a occa corviknight with iron head to kill band darm G, Now if its scarf Darm G Bellossom is your only chance with a 50% to die. Land-T is a great unit to counter majority of meta mons like Zone,zera, and scarf dragons. He also has knock off for the custap users as well like aggron. Corviknight Does Great as well with most mons that are not Taunt or trick users do to pressure being such a big threat in ladder and in tours.

I hope you like it, Took me a while after 3 or 4 teams this was the best i could come up Happy Holidays

Merry (belated) Christmas, Gym Socks! Here is another G-Zapdos team for you!

GRAPE FANTA
fanta-grape-can-355ml.jpg.png
(Click the can for the paste link)

WP G Zapdos is the star of the show, baiting out the likes of non-Specs Primarina, other non-Specs Fairies, and G-Moltres. Obviously, stronger Fairies pose a grave threat to this angry ostrich, so Specs G Slowking is used to OHKO most of these pesky pixies. Slowking has enough bulk to tank Banded Haxorus' Outrage and Earthquake from non-Banded Garchomp and Landorus, dispatching these threats with Ice Beam. Speaking of Landorus, the tiger genie is the final teammate. It deals with Electrics and puts out many Fire types, which are pokemon that the other 2 members struggle with. This team looses to Avalugg, however, Slowking can pretty much run any other item to beat it.​

Last edited:
merry belated christmas, superstrike66

Code:
Exeggutor-Alola @ Custap Berry 
Ability: Frisk 
EVs: 88 HP / 168 SpA / 252 SpD 
Modest Nature 
- Draco Meteor 
- Flamethrower 
- Leaf Storm 
- Endure 

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb 
Ability: Sand Force 
EVs: 4 HP / 204 SpA / 200 SpD / 100 Spe 
Modest Nature 
- Substitute 
- Calm Mind 
- Earth Power 
- Smack Down 

Metagross @ Choice Scarf 
Ability: Clear Body 
EVs: 204 HP / 16 Atk / 144 SpD / 144 Spe 
Adamant Nature 
- Meteor Mash 
- Ice Punch 
- Trick 
- Rest
custap eggy seemed cool, and with its unique typing and moveset can beat many opposing grasses and waters. Its bulked for standard volcanion sludge wave (overheat is stronger but no one clicks that and its in ur favor anyways). Lando-i beats necrozma, fires and steels that annoy eggy, and metagross rounds out the core with stallbreaking and beating fairies.

merry belated christmas, VeprenToin

Code:
Golurk @ Assault Vest 
Ability: Klutz 
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Def 
Adamant Nature 
- Trick 
- Poltergeist 
- Heat Crash 
- Earthquake 

Tapu Koko @ Electric Seed 
Ability: Electric Surge 
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Def / 56 Spe 
Jolly Nature 
- Thief 
- Wild Charge 
- Brave Bird 
- U-turn 

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band 
Ability: Unseen Fist 
EVs: 72 HP / 136 Atk / 100 Def / 200 Spe 
Adamant Nature 
- Surging Strikes 
- Close Combat 
- Low Sweep 
- Ice Punch
access to heat crash is cool for a ground type and covers most ferro (usually don't carry power whip). Bulk is for specs lele, and with trick klutz beats stall. Thief koko beats faster grasses that bother golurk as well as darmg and water types. Bandshifu beats zygarde, steels, and scarf dracovish with low sweep.

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, lei, I'm your replacement secret santa!

Koko and the Custaps
:cursola: :tapu koko: :ferrothorn:

So cursola is a pretty funky mon to build with. I ended up using the compendium's offensive set, as it seemed more interesting than the one with Disable and Strength Sap. The set beats mons like Metagross, Dragapult (ice beam t1 is generally best) Magnezone, and most Zygardes decently well, and can beat a lot of choiced physical attackers with Endure -> Custap Dig -> Dig -> Endure (Darmanitan Galar can win if it's band EQ and clicks that, but 99% of the time you should just beat those when you run into them).

This is gen 8 so you can't go wrong with a fairy in the second slot: I ended up going with Eerie Impulse Koko for a better matchup against stall, celesteela, togekiss, fini, volcanion, and necrozma. Koko is generally just a super solid antimeta mon rn. It's also your spectrier answer so hope you don't run into any with max speed ig.

The remaining threats were all covered by Leech Seed Custap Ferrothorn, which beats the aforementioned band EQ gdarm, venusaur, zeraora, tapu lele, AV lando-T, aromatisse, and others. It's also just a really fun set that most people don't expect when they see a ferro come out.

The team has multiple counters for meta staples like Tapu Fini, Regidrago, Zygarde, Togekiss, and Primarina, makes use of some undervalued mons and sets, and is generally just great fun. I hope you like it!

Hi, lei, I'm your replacement secret santa!

Koko and the Custaps
:cursola: :tapu koko: :ferrothorn:

So cursola is a pretty funky mon to build with. I ended up using the compendium's offensive set, as it seemed more interesting than the one with Disable and Strength Sap. The set beats mons like Metagross, Dragapult (ice beam t1 is generally best) Magnezone, and most Zygardes decently well, and can beat a lot of choiced physical attackers with Endure -> Custap Dig -> Dig -> Endure (Darmanitan Galar can win if it's band EQ and clicks that, but 99% of the time you should just beat those when you run into them).

This is gen 8 so you can't go wrong with a fairy in the second slot: I ended up going with Eerie Impulse Koko for a better matchup against stall, celesteela, togekiss, fini, volcanion, and necrozma. Koko is generally just a super solid antimeta mon rn. It's also your spectrier answer so hope you don't run into any with max speed ig.

The remaining threats were all covered by Leech Seed Custap Ferrothorn, which beats the aforementioned band EQ gdarm, venusaur, zeraora, tapu lele, AV lando-T, aromatisse, and others. It's also just a really fun set that most people don't expect when they see a ferro come out.

The team has multiple counters for meta staples like Tapu Fini, Regidrago, Zygarde, Togekiss, and Primarina, makes use of some undervalued mons and sets, and is generally just great fun. I hope you like it!
am i dreaming, is that the... GOD CURSOLA?!

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
DreamPrince hihi sorry for the wait
:goodra: :tapu bulu: :Steelix:
Euclase (Goodra) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 224 HP / 52 Def / 220 SpA / 12 SpD
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Acid Spray
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast

Obsidian (Tapu Bulu) @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Disable
- Horn Leech

Yellow Diamond (Steelix) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Heavy Slam
- Rest
Goodra is kind of hard to build with nowadays but I think we made it work. This spread bulks 2 Specs Fini moonblasts, a +2 Acrobatics from Rillaboom, and the special attack invest helps vs stuff like PZ and actually koing stuff. Fire Blast is mainly there for Ferro since you super lose otherwise. Bulu seemed to fit well since i was kind of looking for a fairy. This is supposed to be your answer to like Celesteela and Necrozma since it speed creeps Modest Necro so you can just sub disable. Steelix was mostly for certain physical attackers like Gdarm, and Leftovers also allows it to beat most Zygarde (unless rest). This team does struggle vs Corviknight and Heatran. If Heatran is really bothering you Hydro Pump or Earthquak are options on Goodra while Corviknight you can sometimes finesse with Tapu Bulu or you can switch to Taunt if it is really an issue. Hope you enjoy and sorry again for the wait!!

gm RTM. Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year too.

:urshifu rapid-strike: :tapu koko: :arcanine:
Code:
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band 
Ability: Unseen Fist 
EVs: 72 HP / 136 Atk / 124 Def / 176 Spe 
Adamant Nature 
- Surging Strikes 
- Close Combat 
- Low Sweep 
- Ice Punch 

Tapu Koko @ Electric Seed  
Ability: Electric Surge  
EVs: 120 HP / 16 SpA / 248 SpD / 124 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Taunt  
- Eerie Impulse  
- Thunderbolt  
- Roost

Arcanine @ Assault Vest 
Ability: Intimidate 
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Def 
Adamant Nature 
- Flare Blitz 
- Flame Charge 
- Extreme Speed 
- Outrage
Koko + Urshrapid had been in my builder for a while so I tried to make it work as best i could. Urshifu is optimized for best zygarde beating odds, and beats scarf dracovish with low sweep (can also run counter). Tapu koko is there to beat strong special attackers such as specs pz and necrozma, with speed for modest scarf volcanion. Arcanine rounds out the team and checks naga, most banddarms, and annoying trick scarfers such as cress.

rumia

i like to play and draw
is a Pre-Contributor
yo SuperMemeBroz heres ur sceptile team!! sry for the delay!

sceptile is crazy fun and i was deciding between an unburden petaya set and a leech seed set when i slowly learned that the immediate power of specs helps it out a shitton!! nihilego covers all of its weaknesses rly well and its av for the volcanion matchup + so it can take more air flinches!! then i added band metagross to beat stuff like garm and other mons that give the core trouble ^_^ i hope u enjoy using it bc i sure did making it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)