Resource 1v1 Sample Teams [Submissions Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry for the extended wait, but at long last the new sample teams are here!

Archived Samples:
:zygarde: :togekiss: :Magnezone:
The DFYES - By LRXC
Archived as a result of the recent Power Construct ban

New Samples:
:tapu bulu: :aggron: :hydreigon:
AMERICA HECK YEAH! - By linux user

:tapu fini: :zeraora: :landorus:
Raindrops over burnt Earth - By fruan

:ferrothorn: :sylveon: :landorus-therian:
FerroFairy with Smack Down Lando - By Here Comes Team Charm!

:metagross: :regidrago: :jellicent:
Dragon Fish Steel - By Rosa

Thank you for your patience while we've been updating these, and in the future we hope to make the process quicker. These will be our samples until PL ends after which we will update them again. To those of you whose samples were not accepted you can see the VR Council's notes on each team here or you can reach out to me with any questions not answered by that or for advice.

Submissions for the next cycle of samples will be reopening now as well. Remember that each person only gets 2 submissions and that this thread is for submissions only. Thanks again for being patient and good luck to those submitting!

Last edited:

Murm

formerly Murman
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Dragon Fairy Steelix

:ss/Dracovish: :ss/Tapu Lele: :ss/Steelix:

Dracovish @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 8 HP / 212 Atk / 72 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Outrage
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang

Tapu Lele @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Calm Mind

Steelix @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Heavy Slam
- Taunt

I originally made this team for getting reqs for the Power Construct Suspect Test, since Choice Scarf Dracovish and Steelix does very well against ladder. I have since slightly edited the team, and now I am submitting it as a sample. I really like Dracovish as a sample mon, because it teaches many new players the pros and cons of big nukers like Dracovish, and I feel that this team shows there is more to 1v1 besides just OHKOing every mon. This team does have its flaws, the biggest one being a weak Tapu Bulu matchup, but I believe it would be a good sample. The entire explanation is in the Informational paste. Have fun.

Draining Life Specs Drago

1643945266695.png1643945276103.png1643945285843.png

Tapu Fini @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 236 HP / 96 Def / 176 Spe
Calm Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Surf
- Iron Defense
- Taunt

Dragapult (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 240 SpA / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 148 Atk / 152 Def / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Ok so I originally name this team from getting reqs, Choice specs dragapult was doing well from the ladder, just so much experience anyway. Bulking zeraora will be way to boost up the ATK and DEF from being trouble from other monpoke, just serious right now tapu fini have sitrus berry to heal when she was low hp and have iron defense to boots up the stats defense, and yeah really tired of being using the taunt to the monopoke so the opposing can't use the status moves. There is something I didn't know about it, zeraora use bulk up and one shot the opposing using plasma fist when he have Highest ATK, and that's all I have to say. Ciao!

Last edited:

recti

formerly Arvinraj K III C
https://pokepast.es/1b934c304c782340 the av suicuine is a hardcore counter to sturdy pokemon especialy magnezone so mirror coaat + espeed to avoid custap and this thing is not meant to be fast and beats the majority of ground types that beat agron including the smack down lando . agron pretty much wins zeraora sould tank a plasma fists + close combat from a av zera .aromatise spdef tank also meant to beat the specs necrozmas tanks a prismatic lasser trick room disable + draining kiss should seel the deel and to tank struggle most necros(majority run modest) which decreases atk also the neccro prismatic laser v aromatise calc( 92+ SpA Choice Specs Necrozma Prismatic Laser vs. 188 HP / 252 SpD Aromatisse: 321-378 (82.3 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO ) nice team got me top 20 on lader

recti

back with a new sample so heres the team https://pokepast.es/8e18d4e30f158675 ok so like ill delete this post if i fail going to 1600 in 2 days but lets get into the team prety simple shifu very bulky oh and I HAVE A BENCHMARK WITH the imphish nature https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1511457406 click this and ull see lives a +2 atk close combat from an urshifu due to the lax nature generaly beats all physical fighting types. magnezone you guys already know how magnezone dominates midlader beats all the fairies that necro loses for some reason (primarina sylveon) and necrozma hctc called obnoxius lol this thing beats necrozma after alot of calm mind moonlight turns but ye does the trick welp necrozma beats random mons the low ladder brings ya including magnezone just spam calm mind till mirror coat pps gone if u want to make the teams mu stronger v scarf moonblast cress run dark pulse for heat wave on necro seeya editing arvin here 1400 to 1600
1645007206821.png

Last edited:
Fairy Bait 2.0

As any team, there are some obvious 3 0s for this team, but most are not common. My previous fairy bait lost to specs lando, but now with new evs, urshifu beats landorus with ease, and with the amount of bulk can still live many hard hitters, such as scarf Dracovish and even max attack banded pheromosa. With minimum speed, it beats many other urshifus. Haxorus takes care of most dragons with scarf unnerve, and can even beat some Lele sets. Scarf and bulky lele are two of the bigest 3 0s for this team. Naganadel can beat nearly every fairy, excluding lele and max special attack custap sylveon. Other than that those porblems, the team is pretty solid.

Cobra Kai (Urshifu) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 180 HP / 152 Atk / 100 Def / 76 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Wicked Blow
- Sucker Punch
- Close Combat
- Bulk Up

Falkor (Naganadel) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast

Executioner (Haxorus) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Iron Tail
- Close Combat

Big Monke, Stall master, and Dwayne the Regi team

555_galar_160x160.gif
598.png
Regirock_160x160.gif

BIG MONKE (Darmanitan-Galar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Staller (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Toxic
- Ingrain
- Leech Seed

Cheese (Regirock) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Counter
- Smack Down
- Body Slam
- Earthquake

Large Monke can only use one type of move per battle, but has Incredible attack, and will usually OHKO stuff

Ferrothorn is good for longer battles, if you use leech seed, ingrain, then toxic(if they aren't steel or poison) and can whittle the opponent down, while constantly healing any damage, just don't use them if the opponent has any fire types on their team

Regirock is just amazing, as if your opponent is a physical attacker, you can just use counter to kill them after you go to 1hp from sturdy, and body slam is a good paralysis, plus good attack to wreck other pokemon with earthquake, body slam, and smack down

Last edited:

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Volts and Breakers
:ss/rotom-heat: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/rillaboom:

Ball Lightning (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 160 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunder
- Trick
- Rest

Loam Lion (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 176 HP / 116 Atk / 112 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Knock Off
- Rock Tomb

Kird Ape (Rillaboom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 12 HP / 212 Atk / 184 Def / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off

Rotom-heat is a great fire type that also puts in a lot of work vs stall, beating even would-be fire answers like heatran or entei with ease. Thunder over Thunderbolt lets us beat Volcanion and Zapdos-Galar, which this team otherwise struggles a bit with. Note that rotom-heat also beats avalugg with t1 trick, even if it's Mirror Coat.

Landorus-therian beats most dragons that this team struggles with, in addition to providing a respectable degree of special bulk for matchups like nihilego and landoI. It's also the safest click into AV Entei and Arcanine.

Rillaboom is extra backup for fast threats like darmanitan-galar and scarf PZ, handles waters and grounds that the other two mons don't like, and beats Aggron with Knock Off into Wood Hammer. It's also the team's main Crustle and Phero answer. Lastly, it beats nearly every urshifu with Wood Hammer into Grassy Glide.

The team has some issues against certain kyurem sets. Rotom-heat beats stall with t1 Trick, and even matches up well against scarf by clicking Rest, but spa-invested sets like specs or bulky haban tend to 3-0 this team. A few urshifu sets can theoretically EV to beat rillaboom, but they are rare. Stall Azumarill with Scald is also a bit of an issue, but doesn't see a lot of usage and rotom-heat has 50% odds vs it anyway.

This team has simple straightforward sets while also familiarizing the user with some of the various trends within the 1v1 meta (trick rest scarf, AV spam). I used it a ton on ladder and was really pleased with how it performed.

As You Like It
:ss/(chansey): :ss/(Avalugg): :ss/(tapu lele):
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Anything
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Counter

Avalugg @ Custap Berry / Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Press
- Earthquake
- Avalanche
- Mirror Coat

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball / Focus Blast
The idea I had while making the team was to have a special wall, a psysical wall and any other team mate. So, in general chansey is a better blissey in 1 vs 1 because of lack of knock off , so I decided to start with it then I tried to find a physical wall which was ready-made avalugg , earlier i had a steelix but avalugg does better than steelix in nearly all sections so i decided to go with it. Also, you can band the avalugg so as to ko targets more effectively . This team I'd doing its best job and has taken me to 1700+ in a few hours from 1500 .chansey stops every special attacker cold and avalugg stops nearly all physical attackers and as tapu fini is a problem to both using trick. Tapu lele replaced magnazone in the set because i found that because of magnazone's sturdy many people have found ways to play around it , so i decided to change mag to the tapu gaurdian. Tapu lele is essentially a tapu fini just with lower defenses and higher offenses so it was a no-brainer to make a calm mind set. So in this set , i gave it choice specs , psychic has a chance to 2 Ko magnazone, making its best stab in terrain, psyshock for chanseys and moonblast for darks, now it is a choice between focus blast and shadow ball, I would like shadow ball as it 2kos cresslia provided it tricks on specs and also focus blast is better for mins like bisharp which won't die to moon blast and ko with other moves.Also, Nearly always I click on chansey, stopping special attackers and countering physical ones.
Name taken from Shakespeare's book , quite classy by him.
New Threats :Cresslia is no longer a great danger due to tapu lele and dracovish also is now handled well, so the only notable threat is aegislash , which is immune to chansey's all moves and beat avalugg mostly and finishes lele too, also the pressure sub zapados is a great problem, but it can be finished with outplaying them with chansey, apart from that i feel this team is good given its win ratio which is nearly 75% .
Screenshot_2022-04-08-15-38-15-113.jpeg
well my highest rank till now and I am still laddering.

Last edited:
Today I am sharing my team used in 1v1 ladder so far.

The Beauty, Stronk and Beams
:ss/(Sylveon): :ss/(Urshifu): :ss/(Porygon-Z):
Voice Generator (Sylveon) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 92 SpA / 16 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Endure
- Fake Tears

Multiple Punches (Urshifu) @ Black Glasses
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 104 Def / 60 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Shoot Your pity (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Hyper Beam
- Ice Beam
- Nasty Plot
Sylveon

Sylveon is a pokemon that checks most fighting/dark/dragon types. Custap Berry is the basic set used because it beats fast pokemon like Porygon-Z and Haxorus. Jolly EVs is set to always live poision jab from Banded Timid Haxorus.

Urshifu

It beats major threat wise to my team like Celesteela, Metagross and Rock Types that my team struggled with otherwise. Wicked Blow Reliably 2 hit kills Celesteela with Black Glasses even after leftovers + leech seed, and could live modest air slash. Protect could prevent losing to Custap Berry Magenzone and Celesteela sets.

Porygon-Z

One of the most broken mon in the team. Trick could be used on walls, pairing nasty plot to beat them. Dark Pulse is used over Ice Beam or Thunderbolt to ohko any frail ghosts on the way. If wanted, ice beam could be used over dark pulse to hit ground types.
Rilaboom: Beats Both Porygon-Z and Sylveon with life orb. Urshifu Could live Wood Hammer from full, and ohko rilaboom after recoil of Wood Hammer + Life Orb. It could also live two Grassy Glides, but Grassy Glide + Wood Hammer is not really manageable unless running counter over sucker punch (Protect is needed to not get fake out). Grassy Seed and Sub Seed Sets though is managable much easier by Sylveon and Porygon-Z Since it will not OHKO them (rilaboom couldhave acrobatics on grassy seed set against Urshifu).

Last edited:

XSTATIC COLD

Banned deucer.
It's Easter and i decided to be nice. I'm happy cause i had a lot of chocolate from pqs ( his parents were worried he get fat so I stole his snack nd I think i made a good decision)

I realized that a lot of guys used my team but with different evs and moves , so i will give my team.
I hope it will help some guys to be qualified in LT, so enjoy it, it won't happen every day.

Urshifu @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Atk / 24 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Bulk Up

=> 252 hp urshifu for tanking darmanitan or phemorosa while hitting hard and 24 spd for tanking specs magnezone.
Bulk up helps for lando-T cause i see more and more fly band lando T, so you use bulk up while Fly, you tank the hit and you kill back with wicked + sucker.

Celesteela @ Custap Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Atk / 44 SpD
Brave Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Air Slash
- Endure

=> 252hp + 44 spd to tank specs naganadel fire blast; adamant 212 atck to 1hko whimsicott + togekiss, 2hko azumarill, 2hko offensive fini, 3hko cresselia (so you beat rest) and beating some other mons.
Air slash for urshifu strike, kommo-o, and having a chance of flinching (combined with leech seed it can win a fight)
The combo leech seed + endure is quite good cause you win a leech turn and it can help vs some mus.
You can use flamethrower instead of air slash for beating ferrothorn, scarf metagross...
You can use energy ball vs swampert, quagsire, rhyperior..

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Smack Down
- Substitute

=> Classic landorus, sometimes i use different evs to tank some hits or hit stronger (specs or modest), but this version is better vs zapdos hurricane cause you are faster and you have 4 substitute for waiting a miss, which is good. Subs also helps vs primarina hydro cannon, endure volcanion, and Venusaur.
Smack down for celesteela corvi and other landorus.

This team is very good cause it has very few counters, and it's very solid vs current meta.

Potential counters:
- volcarona, even if smack down lando or urshifu can beat it, but depends of evs
- fast band dracovish: Urshifu can win if it is faster, otherwise band Dracovish 3-0 (but you still can use speed evs to urshifu)
- moltres galar: Celesteela can beat it but depends of moltres set and evs
- scarf volcanion: Urshifu can win if it doesn't get burned by steam eruption

Joker 1v1 now go qualify for LT.

Last edited:
I built a lot during pl and here are the two teams I'm submitting this cycle:

:Corviknight: :Togekiss: :Garchomp:

This team follows the second pillar of 1v1 building (when an item is good, use it twice), and features not one but two maranga berry pokemon. A devious togekiss set by Here Comes Team Charm! gives the team the best matchup vs tapu fini (and previously specs necrozma, which is no longer an issue). Air slashing t1 covers trick fini, and the only set that the team struggles with is specs timid ice beam, which is realistically an unset. You can beat that too by clicking mystical fire turn 1 and then roosting off the beam damage after maranga procs but, as said above, you should really be slashing t1 to cover trick. Beyond that we have a corviknight to cover physical attackers (and in reality takes care of more than a few special attackers) which can run either body press or iron head depending on what you're feeling. I suggest body press for the most reliable matchup against iron defense steelix and iron defense avalugg, but iron head is nice for taunt lele (which toge should beat anyway). Garchomp gives the team a much needed source of speed control, with scarfed edge as the sole check to darm g. The spdf evs on chomp aim to maximize odds vs zone, which is discussed in depth below.

The worst matchup for this team is zapdos. Garchomp tries to beat offensive with stone edge, but if it ends up being agility they can just roost on edge turns and you still risk missing if it's offensive. You can beat zap with fling t1, but it's obviously unreliable. Garchomp is also the team's zone check, where fling t1 prevents weakness policy from destroying you. This means that you can still lose to modest custap with flash cannon AND hyper beam if you're forced into a 50/50, but it's not the most common mon ever.

:Celesteela: :Tapu-Koko: :Crustle:

Another team I made during pl; this one is a much more standard composition with 3 attack celesteela, taunt koko for stall breaking, and a white herb crustle. Koko's great matchups vs top-tiers make the team incredibly solid vs most of the meta, and celesteela's defensive typing allow it to beat mons that koko can't like metagross, some sylveons, ferro, etc. Cele sure does have a benchmark for speed which I can never remember, max hp to give it necessary bulk to tackle urshifus with the required 36 hp to tank band aggron, and a dump in spa for maximum power. Koko evs were shamelessly ripped from the compendium, and crustle is carrying a white herb to beat the smack down lando-t that the team would otherwise lose to.

In terms of threats, the main one facing this team is whimsicott. I know it's a bit of a ridiculous mon to be scared of, but I had to put white herb>mental herb on crustle to secure the lando-t matchup. This means that babiri whims can effectively walk all over this team by taunting koko and crustle t1 and clicking leech on cele. conceivably you can force some 50/50s with crustle and koko if they think you're banded or offensive respectively, but it's still a mon you lose to with perfect play on both sides. The other scary mon is magnezone (again!). Specs zone is ultra close to breaking through koko, so you need to impulse t1 vs it and not get dropped too many times or crit at all. This means, however, that you lose to metal sound zone if you eerie t1, so it's a 50/50 in their favor. more often than not people don't carry metal sound anymore so there's no real need to click taunt t1 vs zone, but it's something to be aware of.

I've never submitted a sample team before so I'm obv available to answer questions and I'm receptive to tweaks if y'all have any.

Last edited:
hey I ran out of fingers to count how many people have asked me for pspl teams so I figured I'd submit some samples.

:Dragapult: :tapu bulu: :aggron:
Double Choice DFS
alternatively Superunknown DFS

Some goon named potato told me that simplicity is key for samples and this team is incredibly simple. The two choice mons have almost no dubious MUs with most being click the supereffective move. Bulu's more sophisticated MUs are def not intuitive for new players but luckily the team does not need you to know those MUs. Bulu does three things the other mons don't being beat water fairies, drago, and stall mons. All those MUs are incredibly simple. 3-0s are limited to Metal Sound Zone and most Pult sets with wisp. Do note that Urshifu is techincally a bit dubious because having to pick Pult into some DarkShifus is not super intutive, my justification for this is that most Urshifu sets lose to Bulu outright and this team is primarily for ladder where once you know the Shifu set it's not really an issue. May be worthwhile to add that your pick into Zarude is Aggron which wins by clicking Heavy Slam.

:porygon-z: :tapu fini: :entei:
The Brokens

This team is a little bit less simple but it's still pretty effective. There should be a note with this team that your click into DarmG is Fini, which wins barring weird spdef Thrash sets. The MUs that stand out as a little dubious are opposing Porygon-Z and Togekiss. On paper this team has to setguess opposing Porygon-Z which is true but similar to the last team I think is acceptable considering samples are primarily meant for ladder and entry-level tournaments where there is not a lot of variance in Porygon-Z sets. Togekiss can cheese Entei with a string of paras but this is another thing where on ladder if you know it's Maranga then just blow it up with Porygon-Z. There are a few 3-0s to this team with the notable ones being spdef Thrash DarmG and CB Kart. I still think this team is pretty good as a sample, it's good to get players acquainted with good mons.

:moltres galar: :rhyperior: :ferrothorn:
Gone Fishin'

This team is one of my most unintentionally solid teams. On paper, this team is just 3-0 fishes (which it totally is) but they have a fair bit of synergy. Dubious MUs are opposing Ferro which you can usually click GMolt into but CB defeats you and Stall Entei since if you get super outplayed Rhyp can lose that. An aspect that I like to this team is that Rhyperior handily deals with PZ and DarmG making it a GMolt team not dependent on GMolt or them. I honestly don't have much to say besides this being an incredibly solid ladder team.

Thought I'd make quick mention that these teams are all designed in mind with niche Sleep mons. On the first team, Pult outspeeds Gengar and Venu while Bulu beats other sleep mons. On the second team, Entei is never 2hokd by Gengar's orb hex so your odds are excellent and other sleep mons lose to pz, fini, or entei. On the third team, GMolt is a beast and does not give a shit about Gengar, Ferro beats Venu and Pert, and Rhyp beats Sylv. If someone wants they can submit a Scarf Cress team for farming free points off the triple sleep dogshit but it didn't feel super necessary to me since Scarf Cress isn't something I'd give a new player.

Last edited:

frogfacts

Banned deucer.
hello esteemed 1v1ers i am here today with a sample submisson

enlightend (Togekiss) @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SpD
Serious Nature
- Endeavor
- Counter
- Extreme Speed
- Mystical Fire
first we have a togekiss this is a great counter to the meta threats zeraora and magnezone all you have to do is hit counter or endeavor espeed you can also click mystical fire against a magnezone but that is assuming you outspeed which i would not recommend it still beats mons like and the nature for togekiss is for several reasons you can not afford to lose a stat in anything and as we all i kow togekiss is very serious

adulets (Dugtrio) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sandstorm
- Substitute
- Charm
- Earthquake
then we go to the dugtrio as we all know ground types are geat paired with togekiss and i chose for dugtrio it is a fast charm user and can abuse the powerful strat sandstorm sandveil to fill in the holes togekiss leaves behind i am also running eq for the to secure the tyrunt matchup and it obviously beats mons like zapdos that togekiss does not beat

owowowowowowowowow (Cinccino) @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Tail Slap
- Rock Blast
last but not least ofcourse cinccino abusing kings rock twave to beat powerful attackers avalugg i am using the jolly nature to outspeed as much as i can this team has overall great synergy and i think it is sample worthy thank you all for coming to my ted talk

author (antivaxmom69 save little timmy from the goverment)

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Another extended wait you hate to see it, but here are the new sample teams!

Archived Samples:
:ferrothorn: :sylveon: :landorus-therian:
FerroFairy with Smack Down Lando - By Here Comes Team Charm!
This got replaced by Charm's new sample

:tapu bulu: :aggron: :hydreigon:
AMERICA HECK YEAH! - By linux user

:metagross: :regidrago: :jellicent:
Dragon Fish Steel - By Rosa

New Samples:

:rotom-heat: :landorus therian: :rillaboom:
Volts and Breakers - By Here Comes Team Charm!

:dragapult: :tapu bulu: :aggron:
Double Choice DFS - By zioziotrip

:celesteela: :tapu koko: :crustle:
Maybe sitrus celesteela balance? - By Waylaid

:tapu fini: :zeraora: :landorus:
Raindrops over burnt Earth - By fruan

Thank you for your patience once again. These will be our samples at least until WC ends. We're looking to have about 2 more cycles with one sometimes after WC and then a final one right before gen 9 kicks off. To those of you whose samples were not accepted you can see the VR Council's notes on each team here or you can reach out to me with any questions not answered by that or for advice.

Submissions for the next cycle of samples will be reopening now as well. Remember that each person only gets 2 submissions and that this thread is for submissions only. Thanks again for being patient and good luck to those submitting!

recti

Primarina @ Custap Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 156 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Endure
- Hydro Cannon
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flash Cannon
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Venusaur @ Custap Berry
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Frenzy Plant
- Endure
air baloon tran tanks a close combat from a zeraora if tran is at full health.if u get outplayed beaten with custap venu or custap prim (request u go Venus cause prim v zera is complicated due to knock off.)and if anyone sees the team they will go volcanion and u kill them w custap frenzy if they don't fire move u just sleep powder sludge bomb+ frenzy plant.for av volcanion u just sleep powder on every volc just to be safe.and ure fast 90% of the time if not if they sleep 2 turns they r ded.custap prim nothing to say it's just goated.u could run icy wind encore to 100% beat zap but yeah there is gonna be another sample so get ready. There are no threats if u predict but this team is just an easy team to use in 1000 to 1550 ahh bye guys
https://pokepast.es/775907e2ee4bc9a6 is the paste

Last edited:
1656550235250.png

Aron @ Shell Bell
Level: 2
EVs: 76 Def / 156 SpA / 236 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk
- Endeavor
- Sandstorm
- Protect
- Water Pulse

Lairon @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA / 8 Spe
- Metal Burst
- Body Press
- Rest
- Iron Defense

Aggron @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Rock Blast
- Avalanche

Aron: Stab does not matter at level 1. Endeavor for knocking down to 1hp, sandstorm to chip away HP behind sub, Protect for fake out, Water Pulse for confusion hax to save your bad positioning.

Lairon: With eviolite, this has more defense than Aggron, the rest is a standard metal burst set.

Aggron: Big choice band damage, not much else.

Thank you for making it this far. Power Swap & Wonder Room are legit strats in gen 8. I will not elaborate.

bilb owo

Banned deucer.
idk how to make posts look all fancy like other people but luser told me to submit this team for samples cos it goes hard af. Multiple wc teams used this which is a testament imo to how solid it is in practise. Built it with cleffa hater tho I did all the sets in this version (there are like 10 different versions made of this team since I released it).

https://pokepast.es/db66aa7804a07e21

Also one of the teams I built a while ago for Potatochan which he qualled LT with randomly came out in a g5 against NEU and that team is fun af to use as well so uh:

https://pokepast.es/e831a1b01d98be02

https://pokepast.es/f754532e48be7b8b

This team uses 3 choice items, and the pokemon on the team cover each other's weaknesses well.

Garchomp will be your carry. It outspeeds and beats practically everything weak to its dual stab, including zeraora, haxorus, and non-air balloon heatran. It 2HKOs most neutral targets and has good enough bulk to be able to survive most hits. stone edge is mainly for togekiss but it also knocks out darmanitan's galarian form. flamethrower for kartana and ferrothorn, and the evs maximize attack and speed.

Choice banded ferrothorn Is really powerful. It is based on the custap set, but focuses on immediate power. A lot of the time, gyro ball has above 100 base power and can two shot most neutral targets. Meanwhile, they can't two shot you back because you have a lot of defense so its a powerful nuke. Ferrothorn has many coverage options, and this set uses power whip hits waters like tapu fini and primarina which the other 2 members are weak to. revenge hits steel types like magnezone and aggron, Bullet seed is for counter users. The evs allow it to live max attack unboosted urshifu close combat 93% of the time, while retaliating back with revenge for non-bulky single strike and power whip for rapid strike for the ko, and also lives non-specs mystical fire from sylveon.

Charizard is a powerful attacker, even though it isn't on the VR. It patches up a lot of the weaknesses of the other two. Blast burn can kill targets that are frail and slower, but you won't use it much. flamethrower is a reliable attack that deals good damage when you aren't sure blast burn will one shot. hurricane is a powerful move that beats fightings, which the team is notably weak to. You can use air slash for better accuracy, but the extra power is important for beating AV urshifu. Focus blast is for rock types and heatran. 64 hp evs ensure it never dies to non boosted wicked blow, and max speed ensures you outspeed and kill non-scarf variants and speed tie with other max speed base 100s. The leftovers go into special attack.

Edit: changed garchomp from naive to jolly
Edit2:gave ferrothorn bullet seed>knock off for counter users, most notably crustle. Changed description accordingly(the last edit probably)

Last edited:
I would like to submit this simple looking team.

https://pokepast.es/458a55a5f1774806

This team is not some sort of new innovation that is game breaking but rather it shows simplicity is not bad and could be used as a guide to incoming builders by acting as a frame for building or for incoming battlers that need a team.

The team is a FWG core or the Fire, Water, and Grass core consisting of scarf Rotom-heat, Weakness policy Tapu Fini, and Custap Venusaur.

Scarf Rotom Heat is there to fight most steels, flying types, and Chansey by either hitting the targets with its strong stab attacks or in the case of Chansey, Resting away the damage done by either toxic or Seismic toss. Weakness policy Tapu Fini is there to handle the dragons and most fighting types. It has a weakness policy in order to have better odds vs Naganadel and Custap Volcanion which may threaten the team. Custap Venusaur is there for the things that Fini and Rotom-Heat may find difficulty in answering well on their own such as Zeraora and Primarina. The three combined form a neat core that cover each other's weakness.

Every team will eventually have a weakness and this team is no exception. This team might struggle against Trick Scarf Cresselia, None Choiced Tapu Lele, and Spectrier.

Last edited:
Wigg for the Win

1659091002503.png
1659091033512.png
1659091070570.png

Wigg (Diggersby) @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 44 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Thunderous Kick
- Close Combat
- Dual Wingbeat

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Trick
- Uproar
- Dark Pulse

This is the team I have been using on the ladder and have reached 1520 with.

Digg is very fun and is the star of the show he does well against most of the meta fairies like toge, prim, aromatisse and sylveon. stab eq hits most neutrals for lots of damage, running LO to avoid choice lock and quick attack to break through study allowing it to beat custap aagron. The speed investment is to beat sitrus berry and specs volcanion and the health investment is to live an outrage from scarf chomp and custap chomp with a roll on LO chomp.

Zapdos-G is there to counter digg's most common weaknesses and some of porygon's such as rillaboom, urshifu scraf aagron, banded darm and durant. provides well needed balance.

Porygon-Z is pretty much the basic scarf set with one change,. I choose trick over recover as trick was more useful for dealing with set up mon and status mons which this team struggles with and I don't remember a single time on the ladder in which recover was helpful.

However there are some sets that this team struggles that I have run into on the ladder like most tapu finis, band aggron, air balloon zeraora, specs pault.

Overall I had a very fun experience with this team, its been pretty solid for me and most importantly has room to improve, have fun and good luck with this sample team :) /SPOILER]

248+ Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 176 HP / 0 Def Diggersby: 267-315 (75.2 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 176 HP / 0 Def Diggersby: 244-288 (68.7 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)