Metagame 1v1 OMs

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
Kyurem should be considered for like A tier in 1v1 UU. Beats Bro, Tran, Golem, whimsi, aggron, alt, pinsir, Bulu, Blah, Incin, Kiss, haxorus, Swamp, Hoopa-U, Necrozma, kart, blastoise, lando-i, pidge, avalugg, hydreigon, amph-mega, clef, talon flame, sceptile, dodrio, rhyp (50/50), gliscor, skarm. that's with 1 set, bulky Groundium. The standard 224/136+/148 Roost/Noble Roar/Ice Beam/Earth Power beats most of the VR

Meta Metagross 1v1TC (Steel) Analysis
[OVERVIEW]
Mega Metagross is blessed with stellar Atk and Def, along with a powerful typing, that allows it to successfully tank and counter many Pokémon within the Steel metagame. A Psychic secondary typing— along with its natural bulk— allows it to successfully hard-counter Mega Lucario, one of the the largest threats in the Steel meta. It can also deal with Mega Aggron through Power-up Punch, and Earthquake allows it to put pressure on many other Pokémon. Hammer Arm allows it to defeat Kartana and non-Eruption Heatran. Magnet Rise is a valuable move, allowing it to avoid potentially lethal Earthquakes that are prevalent in the Steel metagame. Its ability, Tough Claws, increases its offensive capabilities, bolstering its viability. Its biggest downside is an unavoidable loss to Aegislash and Firium Celesteela, as it has no way to deal with lethal Fire Blasts or Shadow Claws.

[SET]
Move 1: Magnet Rise
Move 2: Earthquake
Move 3: Hammer Arm
Move 4: Power-up Punch
Item: Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Details
=========
-Magnet Rise negates any potentially super-effective Ground type moves, especially Earthquake, used by much of the Steel meta.
-Earthquake itself allows Mega Metagross to hit most of the metagame for super-effective damage.
-Hammer Arm is a slightly riskier option for additional super-effective additional coverage. It has a higher base power (after Tough Claws) than Earthquake, but reduces Mega Metgross's Speed.
-Power-up Punch allows Metagross to set up and defeat the more bulky Steel types, such as Mega Aggron and Ingrain Celesteela.
Usage Tips
=========
Metagross can defeat most things that it can take tank hits from (including Heatran, Togedemaru, Kartana, Lucario-Mega, Steelix-Mega, and Excadrill), as it is capable of 1 or 2 HKOing almost all opponents. As previously mentioned, sending out Metagross against Celesteela is predicted is a death wish, as it will not survive a hit from Z-Fire Blast. Aegislash is a threat via its STAB super-effective Shadow Claw, easily OHKOing Metagross. Once sent out, Magnet Rise is a good opening move against foes with Ground-type moves. Earthquake is sufficient to OHKO or 2HKO depending on bulk and type advantage, while Hammer Arm grants alternate coverage and slightly more power. Power-up Punch is preferred if Metagross cannot easily kill and will sustain multiple hits from the opponent.
Team Options
=========
Coverage against Celesteela, Aegislash, and Steelix is recommended to cover Metagross’s weakness against them. Choice Scarf Kartana with maximum Atk and Sacred Sword can defeat both Heatean and Celesteela as long as it outspeeds Scarf Heatran. An alternate move or third Pokémon can be run to cover Aegislash). Alternatively, Scarf Heatran itself can be used for Celesteela and Aegislash, though it requires an un-optimal Eruption set. Mega or Scarf Lucario can potentially check any opponents that can use Earthquake against Metagross before it can pull off a Magnet Rise.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
-Zen Headbutt can replace Power-up Punch for STAB + Tough Claws boosts, along with a potential flinch chance. While this does have a chance to miss and leaves Metagross vulnerable to walls, it can be a viable option if paired with a wall breaker.
-Substitute can replace Hammer Arm to help deal with Aegislash's King’s Shield, though power and coverage are lost.
-Bulldoze can be used instead of Power-up Punch to counter Bulldoze / Rock Tomb / Electroweb users such as Magnezone.
Checks and Counters
=========
-Metagross also fails to deal significant damage to Firium Celesteela, which can OHKO back.
-Aegislash, especially Ghostium Z or Metal Burst variants, can easily knock out Metagross with Shadow Claw.

[CREDITS]
-Written by Ocean-ey
-QC’d by ToppyTopic
-GP’d by PartMan

[EXPERTS]
tlouk TheMintyAltoids TheSealGoesMeow Ocean-ey

Last edited:

lost heros

Meme Master
Ape711 everywhere else on this page I’ve seen it called Monotype 1v1 (unless that’s something different) so I went with it.
Monotype 1v1 is the OM where your team must share a type, with minimal bans because it's relatively underdeveloped.

Type Challenge (Monothreat) is where both teams must share a type. I believe this is what you're referring to, as this is the format where you can prepare for opposing pokemon of the same type. This format has the sub-room and has extensive bans for each type and is also the format where dwebble is viable.

mhm so its been a week and nothing has happened regarding lc 1v1 so im taking over again i hope y'all have a good day UnleashOurPassion and Joker 1v1
actual reasonings:

1. Nothing has happened for the entire time Joker has been the leader. While this may seem dumb at first, due to the rather short amount of time Joker has had, when I say nothing, I mean nothing. No tours have taken place at all, and Jokers promise to me to "take everything into consideration" (which I though I had made clear I wasn't okay with) hasn't even gone through yet. No banlist yet, even one thats not mine. Its not hard to hold one tour or at least temp put my banlist in.

2. Quote isn't involved with LC 1v1 LMAO. Okay so this one is also a problem. One of the reasons I didn't say no to the "new" lc 1v1 originally is because I was told Quote was involved, which I have now learned, from Quote himself, that this is not true.

TL;DR LC 1v1 is coming home boiiiis

so uh
i fucked up
i have no idea what i was thinking when i posted that; im sorry, it wont happen again. I know I told Freddy Kyogre that i'll delete the post, but i don't actually think it needs to be deleted. If im wrong, tell me, and i will delete it. But for now, i think we should all just move on. This is my fault, and if theres any punishment for what happened here i'll take it deservedly. Thanks, have a good day.

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
Type Challenge 2v2

Grass - Amoongus
Bug - Crustle
Normal - Meloetta
Water - Rotom-W
Psychic - Hoopa-U
Ice - Kyurem-B
Dragon - Kyurem-B, Kyurem, Altarinite
Poison - Naganadel
Fighting - Hawlucha, Galladite
Fire - Cameruptite

Potential Suspect List:
Normal - Lopunnite
Fighting - Medichamite
Grass - Abomasite

Initial Viability Rankings:

Bug:
S - Mega Pinsir, Volcarona
A - Wormadam-T, Armaldo
B - Shuckle, Vivillon, Silvally-Bug
C - Ribombee, Escavalier, Dwebble, Mega Scizor, Mega Heracross

Dark:
S - Scrafty, Greninja
A - Malamar, Incineroar, Hydreigon
B - Krookodile, Muk-Alola, Crawdaunt, Mega Tyranitar
C - Bisharp, Pangoro, Umbreon

Dragon:
S - Haxorus, Naganadel
A - Kommo-o, Salamence
B - Latios, Zygarde
C - Goodra, Hydreigon

Electric:
S - Electivire, Stunfisk
A - Togedemaru, Mega Manectric
B - Raichu-Alola, Xurkitree, Eelektross, Rotom-W
C - Golem-Alola, Zeraora

Fairy:
S - Mawile, Tapu Koko
A - Whimsicott, Clefairy
B - Primarina, Mega Diancie
C - Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Ribombee

Fighting:
S - Scrafty, Keldeo
A - Gallade, Mega Medicham, Hitmontop
B - Kommo-o, Emboar, Mega Lucario, Lucario
C - Machamp, Infernape, Mienshao

Fire:
S - Volcarona
A - Mega Houndoom, Infernape
B - Incineroar, Victini, Camerupt, Torkoal, Marowak-Alola
C - Arcanine, Mega Blaziken, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Charizard X

Flying:
S - Thundurus-Therian, Landorus-Therian
A - Togekiss, Celesteela, Salamence, Minior
B - Shaymin-Sky, Zapdos, Aerodactyl
C - Vivillon, Staraptor, Gliscor

Ghost:
S - Hoopa, Mega Banette
A - Blacephalon, Mega Gengar
B - Spiritomb, Cofagrigus, Marowak-Alola
C - Gengar, Aegislash, Sableye, Drifblim

Grass:
S - Mega Abomasnow
A - Celebi, Tangrowth, Whimsicott, Ferrothorn
B - Ludicolo, Breloom, Carnivine, Virizion
C - Shaymin-Sky, Abomasnow, Mega Venusaur, Kartana

Ground:
S - Mega Camerupt
A - Claydol, Mamoswine, Gastrodon
B - Mega Swampert, Landorus-Therian
C - Torterra, Garchomp, Krookodile, Zygarde

Ice:
S - Sandslash-Alola, Ninetales-Alola
A - Kyurem, Beartic
B - Crabominable, Aurorus, Weavile, Mamoswine
C - Jynx, Regice, Glaceon

Normal:
S - Oranguru, Exploud
A - Porygon2, Bewear, Mega Lopunny
B - Porygon Z, Drampa, Persian
C - Staraptor, Ambipom, Lopunny, Kangaskhan

Poison:
S - Venomoth, Nidoking, Salazzle
A - Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, Nidoqueen
B - Muk-Alola, Crobat
C - Toxicroak, Roserade

Psychic:
S - Meloetta
A - Hoopa, Oranguru, Deoxys-A, Mega Metagross
B - Mega Alakazam, Mega Slowbro, Meowstic
C - Malamar, Victini, Bruxish, Necrozma, Cresselia

Rock:
S - Stakataka, Terrakion
A - Lunatone, Solrock, Barbaracle, Rhyperior
B - Carracosta, Kabutops, Diancie, Mega Diancie, Aggron
C - Aerodactyl, Rampardos, Cradily

Steel:
S - Heatran
A - Mega Lucario, Togedemaru, Cobalion, Mega Steelix, Kartana
B - Mega Aggron, Mega Metagross, Empoleon
C - Magnezone, Ferrothorn, Celesteela, Genesect

Water:
S - Kingdra, Keldeo
A - Qwilfish, Ludicolo, Politoed
B - Lanturn, Mega Gyarados, Suicune, Jellicent
C - Mega Blastoise, Azumarill, Pelipper

Sample Teams (1 For Each type, will be revised)

https://pokepast.es/6f6f88271bf12fb4

Hey Joker 1v1 I just wanted to ask why you have Trapinch listed as banned when he’s already LC Uber? Or am I dumb and he’s not LC Uber right now.

oh also Joker, I was wondering if I could have permission to post my sample sets (edited to have all the banned mons removed) and the two big sample cores (NOT teams) from when I was running LC 1v1? I'm sure they're still relevant, and would also help with a lot of teambuilding for the upcoming LC 1v1 tour you're running. The Sample Teams you posted are very good (read: extremely solid and I like them a lot) but the two cores I have are extremely good.

Last edited:
So, I guess I should do a GP. Suggested additions are in blue, while suggested removals are in red. Comments are in gray. I may have been a bit nitpicky, so feel free to ask if there's anything you don't agree with.

Meta Metagross 1v1TC (Steel) Analysis
[OVERVIEW]
Mega Metagross is blessed with stellar Atk and Def, along with a powerful typing, that allows it to successfully tank and counter many Pokémon within the Steel metagame. A Psychic secondary typing— along with its natural bulk— allows it to successfully hard-counter Mega Lucario in particular, one of the the largest threats in the Steel meta. It can also deal with Mega Aggron with through Power-up Punch, and Earthquake lets it allows it to put pressure on many other Pokémon. Hammer Arm beats allows it to defeat Kartana. Magnet Rise is a valuable ability move, allowing it to dodge avoid potentially lethal Earthquakes that are prevalent in the Steel metagame, common among Steel Pokémon. Its ability, Tough Claws, boosts its many contact move options, further bolstering its threat increases its offensive capabilities, bolstering its viability. Its biggest downside is an unavoidable loss to Heatran and Celesteela, as it has no way to deal with lethal Fire Blasts or Overheats. However, it loses to Heatran and Celesteela, which can easily knock it out with Fire Blast and Overheat. Aegislash’s Shadow Ball & Shadow Sneak are also lethal to it pose major problems to it.

[SET]
Move 1: Magnet Rise
Move 2: Earthquake
Move 3: Hammer Arm
Move 4: Power-up Punch
Item: Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 200 Atk / 200 Def / 104 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Details
=========
-Magnet Rise is to negates any potentially super-effective Ground type moves, especially Earthquake, used by much of the Steel meta.
-Earthquake itself, as mentioned above, is used to get super-effective hits on many Pokémon, its high base power a valuable tool for any who can earn it allows Mega Metagross to hit most of the metagame for super-effective damage.
-Hammer Arm is a slightly riskier option for alternate super-effective additional coverage. This can often kill when Earthquake cannot, as it is boosted by Tough Claws to 130 base power. It has a higher base power (after Tough Claws) than Earthquake, but reduces Mega Metgross's Speed.
-Power-up Punch allows Metagross to set up and defeat the more walling bulky Steel types, such as Mega Aggron.
Usage Tips
=========
Metagross can be sent out against defeat most things that it can take tank hits from (including Togedemaru, Kartana, Lucario-Mega, Steelix-Mega, and Excadrill), as it is capable of defeating 1 or 2 HKOing almost all opponents with a 2HKO. As previously mentioned before, sending out Metagross if a against Celesteela or Heatran is predicted is a death wish, as it will not sustain survive a hit from Overheat or Z-Fire Blast. Aegislash can be a large threat if you can’t predict King’s Shield well King's Shield is mispredicted. Once sent out, Magnet Rise is a good starting opening move against foes with Ground-type moves access. Earthquake will be enough is sufficient to OHKO or 2HKO depending on bulk and type advantage, though use Hammer Arm if you cannot get sufficient damage or a super-effective hit while Hammer Arm grants alternate coverage and slightly more power. Power-up Punch should be used instead is preferred if Metagross cannot easily kill and will sustain multiple hits from the opponent.
Team Options
=========
Coverage against Celesteela, Aegislash, and Heatran are much is recommended to cover Metagross’s weakness against them. Choice Scarf Kartana with maximum Atk and Sacred Sword can defeat both Heatean and Celesteela as long as it outspeeds Scarf Heatran. (aAn alternate move or third Pokémon can be run to cover Aegislash). Alternatively, Scarf Heatran itself can be used for all three, though it may lose in a Heatran speed tie against Enemy Heatran. Mega Lucario can potentially act to check any opponents that can use Earthquake against Metagross before it can pull off a Magnet Rise.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
-Zen Headbutt can be used in place of replace Power-up Punch for STAB + Tough Claws bonuses boosts, along with a potential flinch chance. While this does have a chance to miss and leaves Metagross more vulnerable to walls, it can be a viable option if paired with a wall breaker is on the team with it (Sacred Sword Kartana can work).
-Substitute can be used in place of substitute Hammer Arm to help deal with Aegislash's King’s Shield predictions, though you lose access to some power power and coverage are lost.
-Bulldoze can be used instead of Power-up Punch to fight back against counter Bulldoze / Rock Tomb / Electroweb users such as Electroweb Magnezone.
Checks and Counters
=========
-Heatran will outspeed and kill Metagross with an Overheat, even without Choice Scarf. This leaves Metagross no chance at survival, as Air Balloon can negate Earthquake even with a miss. Not precisely accurate, since Hammer Arm still exists. Not precisely in my GP domain, but still...
-Firium Celesteela will also outspeed and Inferno Overdrive Metagross, and here Metagross has no effective moves to counter even if Firium is not used. Metagross also fails to deal significant damage to Fire Blast Celesteela (with or without Firium Z), which can OHKO back.
-Aegislash, especially Ghostium Z variants, can easily Shadow Ball Metagross and kill it if it outspeeds knock out Metagross with Shadow Ball if they outspeed it.
-Mega Steelix is another Pokémon capable of outspeeding and using Earthquaking, though its usage is generally limited is not particularly common.

[CREDITS]
-Written by Ocean-ey
-QC’d by ToppyTopic
-GP’d by PartMan

[EXPERTS]
TheSealGoesMeow Yang Liu tlouk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)