Tournament 1v1 Old Gens Premier League - Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Art by Swiffix

Rules:

On Deadline & Match Completion

All players must complete their matches by Sunday 26th of March 23:59 PM EST. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, the game will be dead. NO Extensions will be granted.

On Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription.

Matchups:
All games are Bo5 unless written otherwise.

:xy/manaphy: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Manaphy (4) vs. (4) Wooloo Warriors :xy/wooloo:

SS Bo7: DenisTheMenace vs. Justdelemon
SS: bored_glitch Waylaid vs. XanderUrBoi
SM Bo7: lancert vs. frostyicelad
SM: Mubs vs. Joker 1v1
ORAS: DripLegend vs. XSTATIC COLD
BW: maki vs. Akeras
DPP: Chris32156 vs. stravench
ADV: SwordIsBored vs. Eeveekid10

:xy/garchomp: Gigachad Garchomps (3) vs. (5) RPS Rhydons :xy/rhydon:

SS Bo7: Nick vs. bo_bobson27
SS: Dj Breloominati♬ vs. LeCehlou
SM Bo7: Squirtell 1v1 vs. Elo Bandit
SM: TheShadowClaw vs. Roginald
ORAS: PA vs. A Hero's Destiny Lucario
BW: SuperMemeBroz vs. autumn
DPP: Vrji vs. Lumii
ADV: mrextrazy vs. Lialiabeast

:xy/swalot: Suave Swalots (2) vs. (6) Sootopolis City Snorlaxes :xy/snorlax:

SS Bo7: Here Comes Team Charm! vs. Potatochan
SS: Bomb21XD vs. DC
SM Bo7: Tol vs. gorilaa
SM: Boat vs. Close
ORAS: torterraxx vs. LittEleven
BW: Urfgurgle vs. Kaif
DPP: Irpachuza vs. Euphonos
ADV: Marshme1to vs. Freddy Kyogre

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Manaphy (0) vs. (0) Wooloo Warriors

SS Bo7: DenisTheMenace vs. Justdelemon
SS: Waylaid vs. XanderUrBoi
SM Bo7: lancert vs. frostyicelad
SM: Mubs vs. Joker 1v1
ORAS: DripLegend vs. XSTATIC COLD
BW: maki vs. Akeras
DPP: Chris32156 vs. stravench
ADV: SwordIsBored vs. Eeveekid10

Gigachad Garchomps (0) vs. (0) RPS Rhydons

SS Bo7: Nick vs. bo_bobson27
SM Bo7: Squirtell 1v1 vs. Elo Bandit
ORAS: PA vs. Lucario
BW: SuperMemeBroz vs. autumn
ADV: mrextrazy vs. Lialiabeast

Suave Swalots (0) vs. (0) Sootopolis City Snorlaxes

SS Bo7: Here Comes Team Charm! vs. Potatochan
SS: Bomb21XD vs. DC
BW: Urfgurgle vs. Kaif
DPP: Irpachuza vs. Euphonos
ADV: Marshme1to vs. Freddy Kyogre

Last edited by a moderator:

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is this actually my first time doing predicts? As such, here goes. Yes, I'll be focusing on the only 1v1 meta I've played the most.

[MANA] Chris32156 (35 - 65) stravench [WOOL]
I'm happy to see Chris32156 being baptized by fire here as he gets to familiarize the DPP 1v1 territory (though I'm not sure how much support LRXC provided for Chris given his past experience), and finally pulled off a rather impressive win against Call me PK - someone who also gave this meta a try after he faced me in 1v1 Classic V's playoff tiebreak. On the other hand, while being handed by his mentor the first loss in his DPP team tour debut, stravench is, once again, someone who don't want to mess with. I believe that he can bounce back and pull off a win with his building style which almost mirrors to his compatriot mentor.

For some backstory: So I brought and picked Breloom in the DPP 1v1 set against Jamez in 1v1 Classic V Finals; as such, stravench approached me and asked whether or not I'm Filipino thanks to the nickname I gave to that Pokemon (yes, which we are both Filipinos). Eventually, he got drawn to the DPP 1v1 metagame and got his builds mirrored to mine during my rookie days in 1v1 World Cup IV. I was pleasantly surprised that he actually beat my mentor Dj Breloominati♬ two weeks ago before we eventually squared off!

[GARC] Vrji (65 - 35) Lumii [RHYD]
I'm actually surprised that the Gigachad Garchomps had a surplus of players who had experience in the DPP 1v1 metagame such as my mentor Dj Breloominati♬ and former metagame leader PA. Of course, there's also Vrji who definitely has experience in the metagame when I worked with him for some time and when I witness him participating in DPP 1v1 Cups, and with the support these guys can potentially bring, I do believe he can pull off a victory against Lumii. I shouldn't be underestimating Lumii in this regard, though; while the Rhydons don't have that much star power in the realm of this metagame, Elo Bandit (and eu to an extent) can definitely provide some building support.

Eeveekid10

Whether to uturn or eq the heatran?
Gigachad Garchomps (3) vs (4) RPS Rhydons

SS Bo7: Nick vs bo_bobson27
My name is Yoshikage Kira. I am 33 years old.
SS: Dj Breloominati♬ vs LeCehlou
I live at 308 Negra Arroyo Lane, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87104, in the northeast section of Morioh, where all the villas are.
SM Bo7: Squirtell 1v1 vs Elo Bandit
I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores
SM: TheShadowClaw vs Roginald
And I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest.
ORAS: PA vs A Hero's Destiny
I don’t smoke, but I occasionally drink.
BW: SuperMemeBroz vs autumn
I’m in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what.
DPP: Vrji vs Lumii*
I think this is the wrong tier??? What is this DPP matchup?? This matchup is not real.
ADV: mrextrazy vs Lialiabeast
After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning.

Suave Swalots (4) vs (4)Sootopolis City Snorlaxes

SS Bo7: Here Comes Team Charm! vs Potatochan
Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning.
SS: Bomb21XD vs DC
Go bomb!!!! Big fan!!!
SM Bo7: Tol vs gorilaa
To all law enforcement entities, this is not an admission of guilt.
SM: Boat vs Close
I am speaking to my family now.
ORAS: torterraxx vs LittEleven
Walter, you are the love of my life. I hope you know that.
BW: Urfgurgle vs Kaif
Walter Jr., you're my big man.
DPP: Irpachuza vs Euphonos
There are going to be some things that you'll come to learn about me in the next few years.
ADV: Marshme1to vs Freddy Kyogre
But just know that no matter how it may look, I only had you in my heart. Goodbye.

*Assume I predicted against Lumii @lukii now like the post

Last edited:
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Manaphy (3) vs (5) Wooloo Warriors

SS Bo7: DenisTheMenace vs Justdelemon Denis won last week and delemon lost so I think Denis will feel pretty good facing this guy
SS: bored_glitch vs XanderUrBoi Xander bringing bullshit to throw this guy off
SM Bo7: lancert vs frostyicelad all I know is that frosty won last week
SM: Mubs vs Joker 1v1 Mubs fighting the gauntlet
ORAS: DripLegend vs XSTATIC COLD Dr. Nadal won and drip lost plus its Dr. Nadal in ORAS
BW: maki vs Akeras if he has good teams he will farm
DPP: Chris32156 vs stravench stravench’s only DPP lost was vs Euphonos and he took him to game 5 so gatorade man had the edge here
ADV: SwordIsBored vs Eeveekid10 one of these people have played adv before and won

Suave Swalots (5) vs (3) Sootopolis City Snorlaxes

SS Bo7: Here Comes Team Charm! vs Potatochan this feels like a classic matchup. Are we gonna see the return of Jacob Prime?
SS: Bomb21XD vs DC idk who this guy is
SM Bo7: Tol vs gorilaa idk what I can say but seeing tol won here
SM: Boat vs Close it’s close dude
ORAS: torterraxx vs LittEleven Torterra came of a win vs PA while lit lost last week so Torterra probably feels better here
BW: Urfgurgle vs Kaif this was a hard decision. Both of these players are good but had to give it to Urf due to more recent experience but I can also see Kaif winning though
DPP: Irpachuza vs Euphonos didn’t think this guy would touch 1v1 again but there he is but unfortunately he’s fighting the best dpp player
ADV: Marshme1to vs Freddy Kyogre if he gets good teams he will win

DripLegend

is a Forum Moderator
Gigachad Garchomps (0) vs. (0) RPS Rhydons

SS Bo7: Nick vs. bo_bobson27 really close but bolding nick bc he's the goat
SM Bo7: Squirtell 1v1 vs. Elo Bandit c?o diff (squirtell pls come back :<)
ORAS: PA vs. A Hero's Destiny
BW: SuperMemeBroz vs. autumn smb has had a great run so far, don't see it dying here
ADV: mrextrazy vs. Lialiabeast mrex the goat loads up grumpig and 3-0s g5

Suave Swalots (0) vs. (0) Sootopolis City Snorlaxes

SS Bo7: Here Comes Team Charm! vs. Potatochan the king has returned
SS: Bomb21XD vs. DC surely a cteam can't be this hard with competent builders...
BW: Urfgurgle vs. Kaif kaif gets frozen again with no motivational speech to save him
DPP: Irpachuza vs. Euphonos irpachuza was spared from the g league after last week, but unfortunately is playing the Jordan of DPP 1v1
ADV: Marshme1to vs. Freddy Kyogre marsh has good adv knowledge, freddy has support + better overall skills

Gigachad Garchomps (5) vs. (3) RPS Rhydons

SS Bo7: Nick vs. bo_bobson27 Will bo go to g7 for the 4th time in a row? Anyway, I think bo is more in touch with the meta at the moment and they’ve been doing well so far so I’m giving them the edge here

SS: Dj Breloominati♬ vs. LeCehlou Spitfire may have lost last week vs Charm but he did fine for being out of his element and I believe he’s a better player than LeCehlou so I’m bolding him

SM Bo7: Squirtell 1v1 vs. Elo Bandit This could end up being closer than one would expect but yeah, I’m not bolding against Squirtell in SM

SM: TheShadowClaw vs. Roginald This dude Roginald went from not being in the team cord at the start of the tour to debuting vs TSC in SM, pretty crazy development. Anyway, I’m going with the latter due to him being the better and more experienced player

ORAS: PA vs. A Hero's Destiny Wesley is a decent team pilot so provided he is passed good teams I think he’ll win this. Looking forward to PA’s next fake calc if that does happen btw Just now realized Wesley got forum banned (rip), I’m now going with PA as RPS don’t have a sub that’s on par with Wesley

BW: SuperMemeBroz vs. autumn SMBoat is currently undefeated and I just can’t see his streak ending here, Joe Biden is about to be on the board once again

DPP: Vrji vs. Lumii Lumii’s taking a break from BW this week it seems and decided to give a shot at DPP. I don’t have much (if anything) to go off of here as neither player is known for their DPP so I’ll just bold Lumi because they’re the fundamentally better player

ADV: mrextrazy vs. Lialiabeast Just a hunch. It should however be noted that last week I predicted mrex to defeat Adam on a hunch too and we know how that went so if that’s any indicator of what is to come, I’m sorry in advance Lialiabeast

Suave Swalots (2) vs. (6) Sootopolis City Snorlaxes

SS Bo7: Here Comes Team Charm! vs. Potatochan Potato managed to break his losing streak last week by epicly picking Darm-G 3/4 times vs delemon and is looking to defeat Charm to “get revenge” for the 4-0 loss he suffered in World Cup V, I’m siding with him

SS: Bomb21XD vs. DC Going with DC because I’m sure Potato will help them cteam/prep for Bomb the right way. Also, their name is funny to me because it makes me think of an abbreviation of an Italian blasphemy but in all caps, so they get additional points for that

SM Bo7: Tol vs. gorilaa Last week I predicted against fellow SEU player gorilaa (crazy!) and he 3-0’d, this time I’m definitely not predicting against him despite this being his first attempt at Bo7

SM: Boat vs. Close The last time these 2 players played each other (PL VI) Boat emerged victorious but I think Close will be motivated to turn his record around and get a win streak going. Highlight SM match for sure

ORAS: torterraxx vs. LittEleven Pretty even matchup but I think torterraxx will prevail if they load decent teams because they’re a rather consistent player

BW: Urfgurgle vs. Kaif Urfgurgle is coming off a loss while Kaif is coming off a win, so why am I bolding Urfgurgle? Because both of their BW series from last week were wack/not clean and aren’t very indicative and also Urf has looked overall more solid in my opinion

DPP: Irpachuza vs. Euphonos Irpachuza did play last week vs Sansho but forfeited their games so fast it didn’t really look like they wanted to. Euphonos, much like SMBoat, is currently undefeated and also the best DPP player in the tour, he’s looking to completely sweep the competition. Going with him

ADV: Marshme1to vs. Freddy Kyogre Alright, take 2 : as long as Freddy uses good teams he should come out on top here

Last edited:

XSTATIC COLD

Banned deucer.
SURPRISE ! As you know, in wooloo warriors, we are nice and decide to make gifts, so this time it's my turn to be nice and i've decided to post predicts one day in advance.

Gigachad Garchomps (4) vs. (2) RPS Rhydons

SS Bo7: Nick vs. bo_bobson27 Nick Kyrgios plays tennis but never wins. Nick plays tennis and pokemon...but never wins.
SS: Dj Breloominati♬ vs. LeCehlou : bring specs sylveon, this guys spams kyurem like Ice Age,
SM Bo7: Squirtell 1v1 vs. Elo Bandit : Only xsc beats squirtell. Moreover, it's the end of california luck since trump will be arrested.
SM: TheShadowClaw vs. Roginald : Roginald mcdonald is probably Lancert's Boss who fired him. Problem, this guy is the clown.
ORAS: PA vs. A Hero's Destiny : don't watch this match. A random clicker vs an altaria + metagross spammer is a guaranteed porridge.
BW: SuperMemeBroz vs. autumn : It's only just been spring and you come again with autumn.. come on, i've already seen enough dead leaves.
DPP: Vrji vs. Lumii : this fight is like potatochan 2023 vs eu (since he plays) ... to avoid.
ADV: mrextrazy vs. Lialiabeast : both bad but Liliabeast doesn't need weed to win.

Suave Swalots (3) vs. (4) Sootopolis City Snorlaxes

SS Bo7: Here Comes Team Charm! vs. Potatochan : despite potato won a game (probably under narcotics) , he is still so weak. Probably the canadian permafrost who froze his balls.
SS: Bomb21XD vs. DC : ?????? i've never seen bombs in DC comics. Maybe Margot Robbie in suicide squad, but the difference is that, at the end, she wins.
SM Bo7: Tol vs. gorilaa : Gorilaa + tol = gorilatoll = a monkey on a island.
SM: Boat vs. Close : Boat's water closet will be the only close thing in this mu... don't forget to flush.
ORAS: torterraxx vs. LittEleven : the 0-6 xsc victim will call kaif to build his house.
BW: Urfgurgle vs. Kaif : Christmas is finished and kaif doesn't believe in christ. The joker is gone.
DPP: Irpachuza vs. Euphonos : Cringe boy will be the king of Mexico.
ADV: Marshme1to vs. Freddy Kyogre : Marshmelto eyes are like X. Freddy skill is like 0. 0+X = X. Marshmelto wins.

VICTIMS OF THE WEEK

- Potatochan : 1 win in 2023. Even Detroit Pistons did better.
- Joker : Lost a week, lost his wife, and lost his old friend xsc. The charity, please.
- Tol : looks like pqs but in loser version.
- Roginald : If you want to be credible and hide your red nose, put a mustache. Ah, sorry, Probopass is unviable.
- deg : deg will be banned cause he decided to rename "Rogibald."
- XSC : after winning 6-0 in tennis, after winning 6-0 vs litteleven, Xsc became a sex zero cause his gf left him for Joker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)