Tournament 1v1 Old Gens Premier League I - Set/Team Dump

eu

pain and agony
is a Social Media Contributor
gm, i prepped dpp for myself and lumi so here are some noteworthy teams/sets: (more will come later if someone donates me some bucks for coffee)
=== [gen41v1] dpp ogpl w2 vs ira 5 ===

:celebi:
leo's boldness (Celebi) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Leaf Storm
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

:zapdos:
leo's love (Zapdos) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 232 HP / 56 Def / 124 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Signal Beam

:jirachi:
leo's destiny (Jirachi) @ Occa Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 108 HP / 156 SpA / 96 SpD / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hidden Power [Ground] / (Drain Punch)
- Psychic
- Skill Swap
- Icy Wind

oh no i get 3-0d by balloon heatran - but i really want to use rachi murmdog appears:
Murm08.03.2023 21:45
Wait rachi can just skill swap flash fire

yes, it can. This set beats all dpp set comp heatran :wow: Balloon only wins against you if opp plays the brilliant move EARTH POWER (EXCLAMATION MARK, EXCLAMATION MARK) but who does that tbh? overheat just kills and ggez...You always click skill swap against any heatrans, and then either psychic (against balloon) against every other tran set hp ground wins easily.... (until they reveal shuca idk what heatran :skull:)
1680609864910.png

But can it also beat other mons than Heatran?
1. Ape, sometimes
2. Rachi, sometimes
3. Dnite, most of the times
4. Tyranitar - you could play drain punch over hp ground but you would not win against all tyranitar and against jirachi it will take a bit
5. Zapdos -you live specs heat wave but you get 2hkod anyways; icy wind 3hkos so pray for a miss, against sub tect it's complicated
6. Raikou - toxic sub tect :skull:
7. Aerodactyl - stall, you have skill swap which should outstall your opp
8. Celebi without hpfire/earthpower
9. Hariyama, usually
and some more yea you can think of some yourself probably

here it is: SKILL SWAP JIRACHI WITH 0 OGPL USAGE CAUSE I GOT ACT CALLED W2 DESCRIPTION HOW TO USE IT(sorry again team for this ._.)
this occa rachi won once but without using skill swap...It beats ape, well not always tho - Let's go through some scenarios:
1. Opp endure mixed custap ape thinks we are ScarfRachi -
116 atk rachi with zen headbutt DOESNT kill 0/0 infernape, but 252 (neutral!!!) overheat doesnt necessarily kill 208 hp jirachi, too so the opp is going to play endure if smart and wants to maximize win chances.
BUT we are cool and are occa HAHAHAHAHA
Now we have multiple options: since we DO NOT know what set the ape is, we either psychic or skill swap. both have their reason, you have your brain, if you are a good 1v1 player - more teams coming later, i have a rl in comparison to some of you
s/o to all rhydons, urfurfgururugurugle, smely and idk who

Last edited:
First of all, huge shoutout to Elo Bandit and Lumii for drafting me, and all the other Rhydons for making my first 1v1 experience based af. Since, I built my own teams (with some small improvements from managers), I wanted to share them here. I unironically enjoyed this tier (shoutout to the ADV 1v1 community for being a heartwarming place fr), but I am not sure when I am going to play ADV 1v1 again, so here you go:

https://pokepast.es/1a443c035e4b2ce9 (shoutout to Roginald for building one of the teams)

Didn't build for Week 4

bo_bobson27

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor
i built a lot of teams :pika:
:kyurem::steelix::azumarill:
Kyurem was originally made to beat water fairies, but also did well into steela (until delemon crit me twice). Steelix and azu cover most of the weaknesses. WP steelix is by far my favorite set, beating chansey and metagross is kinda what you want from this guy. Adamant knock off av azu beats life orb spectrier 55% of the time, and u hard lose to toxic zapdos.

:rhyperior::gyarados::zapdos:
Rhyperior bulks timid specs naga, but is meant to take on spectrier. You do need to setguess specs, but wrecker t1 on the taunt isnt a bad play. With payback it doesnt lose. Outrage on gyarados is for dracovish. No tbolt zapdos bc gyara beats waters already, and i wanted all the other moves fsr.

:metagross::moltres-galar::haxorus:
Pretty standard team. Helmet moltres is the goat, its just difficult to get the sequences right lol.

:goodra::ferrothorn::landorus:
I made this one pretty quickly.

:salamence::tapu bulu::aggron:
My first attempt at using salamence. unfort i was 3-0d by heatran. The idea is just to have another dragon that beats urshifu. Also bulu evs are very flexible if you dont force it to "beat" shifu all the time.

:celesteela::zeraora::haxorus:
It loses to whimsicott. I was using the fat celesteela which only loses to liechi reversal shifu (of course denis is him). Haban haxorus fills in the gaps for this team pretty well. I was actually adamant zera vs charm, i only realized after the game started lol, didnt matter ofc.

:kartana::sylveon::dracovish:
No one uses band kartana, but its really funny. Should probably be scarf here but idc. Max defense sylv migrating from sv beats various mons that think they win with physical power ie custap zolt. Dracovish was for volcanion, also very funny. I probably should have clicked that into the volcanion.

:quagsire::porygon-z::heatran:
LO pz is goated. The teammates dont really work that well here, u lose to specs pult whims, some other stuff idr. Originally i had bulldoze on quag, but then i realized that lost to trick metagross bc they ko before u if u click bulldoze, and if u counter u die to helmet.

:rhydon::chansey::spectrier:
Rhydon. I will be pushing to get this on the vr. It is the most physically bulky mon in the tier. dont beleive me?
252+ Atk Choice Band Grimmsnarl Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Rhydon: 344-408 (83 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Anyways, chansey with spd beats sylv and aroma. Specstrier works alright as a 3rd.

:metagross::salamence::magnezone:
Jolly band metagross catches mons like landot and band drago that should be running speed. Mence makes its second appearence here, and i threw zone on to cover the remaining fairies and stuff. im still not too happy with this team, it was kinda lazy ngl.

:azumarill::dracozolt::landorus:
Anti naga azu comin in big. Twave dracozolt is very scary, lo with spd beats a lot of fairies. Specs landoi covers a lot of grasses as a ground type. Team isnt bad, but kinda gets owned by water grounds.

:naganadel::gardevoir::volcanion:
Scarf naga av volcanion. Kinda shitty zera mu, but otherwise pretty solid. Scarf naga 3-0d denis' beloved pult ferro koko team, so that was nice.

:zapdos::aromatisse::latias:
Maranga eerie zapdos with protect beats aroma, idt its the only way, but i wanted maranga eerie. Not the best metagross mu, and idk why i didnt click into the metagross vs denis. Latias beats pz more efficiently than latios, and has a pretty open last 2 moveslots.

:metagross::landorus-therian::ninetales:
AB gross with grass knot did not lure the rhyperior. I suppose that team isnt really much of a rhyperior lure. I didnt have calm mind on the nintales for fear of chansey, so specs prim did just 3-0.

:primarina::zapdos::steelix:
LO prim is mainly to keep bulk and beat garchomp. Endure isnt necessary here, but it beats garm pz (u dont really need custap for them). Toxic zapdos doesnt see enough tours usage, and imo is one of the sets that makes zapdos so scary on preview.

:golduck::regidrago::ferrothorn:
Golduck better get ranked. It effectively uses encore disable, and is significantly different from lazzle. I topped ladder with it. Anyways, ferrothorn + golduck beats the drago beaters, but ferro mirror is sus.

:cresselia::buzzwole::tyranitar:
buzzwole ttar is a busted core, and cresselia is a busted mon, making for a busted dark fighting psychic team.

:tapu lele::darmanitan-galar::dragapult:
lele is super defensive to actually beat urshifus. pult is breking swipe with some defense to beat crustle. Max defense garm with wisp flips a lot of mus. use at your own risk, cuz it drops a lot of mus too.

:latias::tapu bulu::arcanine:
specs latias. Im using a pretty standard bulu here because it fits better. Spd lo arcanine is for metagross and naga. agility helps vs togekiss, but the team is still quite weak to togekiss anyway.

:garchomp::clefable::magnezone:
Here we see WP magnezones true form. I have been wanting to use lo chomp more, and lo magic guard clefable covers whims and stuff. Max defense for scarf zolt and haxorus, encore for scarf cress.

:togekiss::swampert::registeel:
specs togekiss is probably bad. it has slightly different mus idk. Custap pert allows you to actually use the move you want, and beats garm pretty reliably. Fast Attack Registeel beats prim, togekiss, and other fairies while still winning vs chansey. I think registeel has a lot of untapped potential, but is largely overshadowed by corviknight.

:carracosta::kartana::tapu koko:
costa is super underrated. spd lo kart actually beats fariy types, and sd sacred sword beats a lot of stall mons. I went fast impulse koko to try and patch up the spectrier mu.

:tapu fini::blaziken::rillaboom:
This team kinda sucks, but the sets are cool. WP fini should always run cm hyper beam. Protect wisp blaziken is actually quite nice. by using protect you dont rely on endure to win mus, and wisp lets you take advantage of your superior speed. LO hjk kills chansey btw (81.25%). AV rilla is a nice lure for pz and naga, if you follow the meta you know about av rilla.

:moltres-galar::glastrier::toxapex:
Moltres glastrier is a classic core. AB pex does beat garm. I went spite pjab for opposing stall, and water fairies. Glastrier can tank lo zolt, which is very useful for a lot of teams.

:regieleki::suicune::arcanine:
I forgot to bring eleki againt pchan. icy wind + scald on suicune beats crustle. Arcanine is super fat to beat shifu single, band puilt, and sylveon.

Last edited:

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Some bonus content from the DPP 1v1's Last Bastion!

:dp/milotic:
Milotic @ Mail
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpA / 104 SpD / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 SpA
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Mirror Coat
- Rest

248 HP + 104 SpDef is designed to survive a Modest Specs Rotom-Appliance's Thunderbolt without having the need to run Wacan Berry. The only mindgame that you would worry about so much are those uncommon Charge variants.

:dp/vaporeon:
Vaporeon @ Custap Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 152 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Fake Tears
- Endure

104 HP / 252 SpD provides the same design as the former; however, Substitute Suicune variants will be a huge pain to deal with here.

:dp/infernape:
Infernape @ Coba Berry
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 76 SpA / 236 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blast Burn
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Encore

Mainly as an anti-Zapdos tech; that's why I had my own Zapdos as its teammate and then Bronzong just deals with most Calm Minders who don't have Pressure (especially against vs. Cresselia). 236 SpD is designed to survive a Specs-boosted Thunderbolt from Modest Zapdos; 196 Speed to outpace all Zapdos variants (without Agility); dumped the rest to SpA only to get boosted by Nasty Plot and then obliterate with Blaze-boosted Blast Burn, ala anti-Cress Payapa Infernape c/o Jabiru.

:dp/jirachi:
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 148 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt

Shoutout to Ren for pulling off this set in his DPP 1v1 tournament stint. With that, I got drawn to that set and it became one of my favorite Jirachi sets. Initially, it was meant to deal with Shaymin before it got banned. Without Shaymin, this means its Speed EVs can be reduced to as much as 148 EVs while maintaining its Jolly nature designed to outrun positive Base 85's and neutral Base 100's.

:dp/charizard:
Charizard @ Custap Berry
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 112 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blast Burn
- Air Slash
- Endure

40 HP + 252 Def is designed to survive one Waterfall from Adamant Gyarados (without Choice Band), while 104 Spe allows to outrun all Adamant Gyarados variations (which were run by most players 99.5% of the time).

:dp/marowak:
Marowak (F) @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 116 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bonemerang
- Aerial Ace
- Outrage
- Low Kick

Aerial Ace was definitely meant for Heracross. Outrage was meant for Dragonite whilst surviving a Banded Outrage with the 252 HP / 116 Defense spread.

:dp/uxie:
Uxie @ Mail
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Extrasensory
- Rest
- Imprison
- Calm Mind

Psychic over Extrasensory if you're waaaaay to paranoid of Calm Mind Cresselia; however, Extrasensory was used definitely for the 48 PP. Can also deal with most Resting mons due to Imprison.

:dp/celebi:
HIPS DON'T LIE (Celebi) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 136 Def / 240 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Grass Knot
- Earth Power
- Leech Seed
- Nasty Plot

Celebi can definitely scare Heracross out on preview; however, it doesn't have anything to deal with that mon, hence the presence of Custap Spiritomb.

Anyway, 240 SpA with Modest nature is designed to take on standard Tyranitar variants suited to take two Grass Knots from Choice Specs Cresselia. 136 Defense can take on a Meteor Mash from Banded Metagross and two from Scarfed variants; Leech Seed is designed to take on Registeel due to the lack of Expert Belt that can take on Amnesia variants getting a hold with Nasty Plot ones.

:dp/spiritomb:
GYPSY (Spiritomb) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 176 SpA / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Endure
- Taunt

Geared for Adamant Band Heracross. Endure + Custap ones with boosting moves may still pose a problem; however.

:dp/Empoleon:
TRY EVERYTHING (Empoleon) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 48 Def / 168 SpA / 52 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Cannon
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Endure

my most trusted, most straightforward set ever

:dp/ampharos:
Ampharos @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 4 SpA / 240 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Counter
- Rest
- Charge

Actually, lowkey shoutout to LittEleven for bringing up Ampharos in his preps in the ORAS department; and then when I was almost finished with my long drive, Ampharos was brought up in my mind as it had some interesting quirks in its arsenal: Charge and Counter. Bulk is almost the same as Zapdos's (no Counter) and Raikou's (no Charge), and its Special Attack is almost at par with Raikou's, so why not take advantage of it?

Initial EV spread was 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD Bold (used that in w4g2 vs. Irpachuza), designed to take on Banded Dragonite's Outrage; however, this EV spread got optimized such that it can take on Specs Zapdos much better with Heat Waves after every Special Defense raise from Charge (shoutout to Potatochan here). I would've done 248 HP / 16 Def / 104 SpA / 140 SpD Calm here, but looks like transferring 100 EVs in Special Attack to Special Defense and making it Modest brought Ampharos one extra Special Attack point; that's why it ended up that way (shoutout to crucify for that too).

:dp/breloom:
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 240 HP / 24 Def / 244 SpD
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Focus Punch

I do remember Dj Breloominati♬ bringing Breloom up to me and built some teams featuring that mon since World Cup V, and now I found the perfect opportunity to bring it against him XD

Anyway, 240 HP / 244 SpD EVs with Careful nature are designed to deal with Special Kingdra variants. 240 HP / 24 Def EVs are designed to take a Double-Edge from Banded Aerodactyl (if Fly was selected as its Flying STAB instead of Aerial Ace) before I could use a Substitute.

Thank you for getting yourselves immersed in the DPP 1v1 metagame, and I greatly appreciate your efforts!
Dj Breloominati♬ Vrji Sanshokuinsumireko shadowtime2000 Lumii eu Call me PK Chris32156 stravench Irpachuza Blurmpt

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alright time to showcase some gen 8 Charm Tech (TM), quality not assured.

Azumarill @ Mental Herb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Liquidation
- Encore
- Icy Wind

I like icy wind encore prim as a stall lure. Unfortunately, sometimes you lock something in Calm Mind, get 0 crits, and run out of Encore PP before they actually die. So... here's the same set on azu, EVd to be faster than max speed spectrier after 3 icy winds (and incidentally to outspeed bulky base 60s and those that speedcreep them). Also nice against counter mons, as this replay shows.

Tapu Koko @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hyper Beam
- Endure

Gets the core koko matchups from typing alone, runs an insane set that gets the drop on things like landorus, frail landoT, modest naganadel, most PZs, garchomp, band/custap rhyperior, etc. It's a stupid meme but it's a stupid meme that will randomly 3-0 some teams.

Heatran @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 216 HP / 80 Def / 144 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Overheat
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse

Cataclysmic (Heatran) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 4 SpA / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Iron Defense
- Body Press

Hot take of the century: balloon is a bad item on tran in a gen w/o mega charizard. You're giving up an entire item slot for... specs kyurem and landorus, who can run Focus Blast anyway? Band chomps that don't feel like running Fling? Other heatran? Nidoking?

Shuca is just better than balloon imo, it reinforces the core matchups of balloon by stopping you from getting owned by rock tomb metagross or fake out rillaboom, while sitrus beats specs zapdos (LO depends on rolls) and helps reinforce the regidrago matchup. This particular shuca set is ultra defensive so it can tank a +2 Crustle rock wrecker, and at that point I figured I might as well go Body Press (you keep most of the ID balloon matchups, even vs things with ground coverage like AV entei or eq goodra).

Also note dark pulse on the first tran which is a fun little slash that kills trick cresselia and some pults, plus it breaks avalugg's sturdy with 0 prediction or miss chances involved. Also grants a 20% winrate vs crustle (lmao).

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 88 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Rising Voltage
- Trick
- Rest

Normally, choiced rwash clicks Trick vs AV pert, if it's playing correctly it locks itself into mirror coat (if not you just click hydro), and bc you're AV now you are forced to hydro pump after your tbolt pp runs out, at which point you die. However! Rising Voltage has slightly more PP so you can spam it until pert runs out of coat PP and starts struggling to death.

Naganadel @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Snarl / Fire Blast
- Endure

+2 252+ SpA Naganadel Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 168 SpD Haban Berry Regidrago: 609-717 (112.5 - 132.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO I rest my case.

In all seriousness this is nice, tons of naga answers try to tank 1 specs draco exactly or run custap/haban, this dunks on them while letting you retain core dragon/poison matchups. Snarl helps with the offensive zapdos matchup (if you can't notice, I was paranoid about that after nearly getting 3-0d by it in round 1). Anyway it got a win so how bad can it be.

Diancie @ Air Balloon
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 84 Def / 160 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Rock Tomb
- Encore

Tanks band rhyperior (can run more bulk for +2 crustle but between diamond storm and encore you fare pretty well already). Encore lets you cheese ground-types by locking them into whatever weak move they break your balloon with. Notably lures things like landoT (attack to 3hko the AV set, clear body blocks intim), garchomp, and almost every gdarm.

Blaziken @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Atk / 52 Def / 8 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Will-O-Wisp / Knock Off
- Endure

Bulky blaziken to tank band zeraora plasma fists as well as an air slash from scarf togekiss, outspeeding both at +2 (the exact speed benchmark is outrunning max speed scarf rotom at +2, which I don't think is real but it's only barely higher than the somewhat realer scarf sawk). Wisp for gron (or endure on the head smash), knock off for magnezone. Could mess around with blast burn instead of blitz (which helps vs lugg if running knock) but that requires reworking the EVs.

I'm not the first one to run something like this but I do think it could stand to return to the compendium, zera's the best mon in the tier and beating it with your fire is nice for a lot of fwe or two-out-of-fds-plus-a-fire teams.

Clefable @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Counter
- Role Play
- Soft-Boiled

Clefable @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 68 SpA / 96 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Counter
- Ice Beam

So the first of these is pretty obvious: what if we gave up a ton of matchups to lure aromatisse? Which, y'know, might be worth it, maybe. Looking at it again there's tech value in a couple situations: stealing Defiant might let you beat some wack Zapdos-Galar by punishing TKick, and grabbing sub pult's infiltrator is helpful too, but a lot of that is just reclaiming a few of the things encore would be doing for you.

The second one just straight-up tanks a hit from specs landorus and OHKOs back, and I think that's hilarious. You could still run rocky helmet, but reliably killing urshifu-rapid becomes easier with your SpA investment and babiri lures a lot of things, so I chose to run that instead.

A few people might recall I brought braviary but it was really just a niche potato counterpick because I needed a flying type that beat aroma, spectrier and ttar (no, landoT is not a flying type) and he'd been using those mons some.

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Knock Off

Kills both specs and setup spectrier by clicking Knock Off t1 and Gyro t2, ran it with fini to make up for the loss of chople and I have zero complaints (remember the fini aggron ferro teams of old? what if they had an actual spectrier answer).

Seismitoad @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 172 HP / 4 Def / 156 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Bomb
- Water Pulse

gm we're luring tapu bulu and whims with our water/ground type today; honestly not all that different from regular seismitoad otherwise, HP to tank specs landoI, speed for bulu (and ada zolt ig), defense for band azu, could run ice beam over water pulse and beat some garchomps instead of entei, should probably bulk for band chomp in that case. Really good with steela because you no longer have to worry about seed bulu.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Acid Spray
- Mud Shot
- Sludge Wave

Timid mud shot goodra: beats crustle (+1 Crustle is 283 speed, you are 284), has a good shot vs entei, still does okay vs zone and heatran and nihilego and all the other things you want a ground move for. Spread is max speed, special bulk for naga, rest in spa. Gooey + Mud Shot also kills scarf sawk, if we care about scarf sawk (no). Losing to entei with your dragon is incredibly rough and the main reason I found goodra hard to use: now it can win while keeping most of its important matchups.

Also, nascar goodra is faster than modest PZ so you're now beating Nasty Plot sets without needing quite as much special bulk investment.

I hope some of this starts discussion or proves helpful to someone else, cheers!

Last edited:
Some DPP sets I wanna share and maybe add to set comp or something

Celebi @ Leftovers / Resist Berry
Serious Nature
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Grass Knot / Leaf Storm / Psychic / Energy Ball :>

With the Shaymin ban, Celebi is now a viable leech seeder. Put any investment you want and nature you want to beat stuff. Can be tailored to beat Ttar, Zapdos, or anything of the like

Sardines (Yanmega) @ Occa Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 232 SpA / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Protect
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain

Beats Cress and Infernape, just Bug Buzz or Air Slash t1

Ursaring @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Earthquake / Swords Dance / Fire Punch
- Protect / Swords Dance

The thing hits like a truck. Too bad the only time I used it was vs a Skarmory. Even then, Skarmory took 40%+ damage on a resisted hit.

Shedinja @ Mail
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Bug Bite
- Fury Cutter
- Screech

Everyone who knows me, knows that this mon is one of the mons I would use if given the chance. Consistently does what it does walling the likes of Suicune, Kingdra, Cresselia, and some variants of Dragonite, Jirachi, and Celebi.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quick Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Surf

Tres (Swellow) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Giga Impact
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- Protect

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Ice Fang

I forgot what the def and spdef EVs do, All I know is these outspeed Infernape

Swampert @ Choice Band
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 208 HP / 180 Atk / 76 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Outrage / Superpower

My favorite Pokemon of all time, using this mon has given me the same feeling throughout every gen it has been in but I digress. This set is a combination of the Banded pert and the Custap Pert in terms of EVs. The bulk allows it to survive a banded Dnite Outrage while hitting back with Ice punch. The Atk evs are just dumps. I had no clue what 56 evs on the choice banded pert did so I just gave it 44 speed. The speed is not impactful because I only did it to match the speed of no speed Scizor and get this, Flareon. Idk what I was doing with the speed but ehh. I feel like out of all the mons here, the pert set in the comp needs an update to survive a banded dnite. Just change the EVs of speed into something else though but I don't know where y'all wanna put it in so :b.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)