1v1 Announcement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely important announcement regarding DLC
First and foremost, we'd like to thank everyone who has written an analysis or contributed in any way to 1v1 C&C within this generation. Multiple DLCs alongside a very rapid progression of the metagame has made it extremely difficult on both writers and QC alike, so we're grateful to everyone who has persevered through a very wild initial period.

Moving forward, we plan to move away from minis and start writing using the full analysis format once the metagame has stabilized. Based on how minis went, we have decided that we as a collective QC team will be writing the first analysis of this new metagame to provide a foundation and reference point. The idea of this is to give a clear example of how an analysis should look when moving from WIP (work in progress) to QC (quality check). There's no clear time frame on when this will be, though if the past has told us anything we know it'll likely be somewhere between 1-3 months. During this period, we will be keeping a close eye on the development of the metagame while also reviewing our QC team to ensure that we are as best prepared as possible for the shift into a much more detailed analysis format.

To all writers with an analysis in the works, we will be contacting you within the next few days to discuss the course of action regarding minis that are still in WIP or QC. If you have any questions, feel free to send a message to either myself or Alakazam. That is all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
1v1 Analyses have begun again! This time, we have a few changes to the formula, given the place we believe 1v1 is in as a metagame.

To start out with, we will begin again with creating Full Analyses. 1v1 Full Analyses has shifted its format to try to accommodate for the release of DLC. To get this done, the new format will remove unnecessary flavor text from the analyses
Here's an example of what that would entail. The text chosen is from ORAS 1v1 Garchomp
Outrage is Garchomp's most powerful move on this set, able to take down Mega Charizard X, Mega Charizard Y, and non-Choice Scarf Kyurem-B. Earthquake provides great coverage against Steel-types such as non-Metal Burst Mega Mawile and Mega Metagross, Fire-types like Victini and Volcanion, and Rock-types like Mega Tyranitar, Diancie, and Terrakion. Poison Jab covers weak Fairy-types like Mega Gardevoir and Whimsicott. Fling in tandem Earthquake allows you to lure in and take down Air Balloon Heatran, since otherwise you'd be stuck with using an ineffective move against it. It can also help against Custap Berry Magnezone because they'd usually expect you to use Earthquake turn one. Alternatively, Fire Fang can be ran to beat Steel-types that Earthquake doesn't like Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Choice Specs Genesect. Stone Edge can also be used to catch bulky Counter Mega Charizard X off guard, since it usually stays in its base forme. An alternative to Poison Jab is Iron Tail, which can solidify the matchup against bulky Sylveon and still take on Mega Gardevoir, but it has the downside of a miss chance and loses out on the Whimsicott matchup. Rough Skin is the preferred ability, since if both Pokemon are KOed on the same turn, the Garchomp user would win, which makes it much harder for physical Pokemon to EV for Garchomp and allows it to more reliably take down Mega Charizard X, non-Metal Burst Mega Mawile, and Mega Metagross, as well as FEAR Pokemon like Aron. Choice Band maximizes Garchomp's power due to its already high Speed tier.

would be shortened to:

Outrage is for Mega Charizard X, Mega Charizard Y, and non-Choice Scarf Kyurem-B. Earthquake is for Steel, Fire, and Rock Pokemon such as non-Metal Burst Mega Mawile, Victini, and Terrakion. Poison Jab covers Fairy-types like Mega Gardevoir and Whimsicott. Fling and Earthquake beat Air Balloon Heatran and Custap Berry Magnezone. Fire Fang beats certain Steel-types like Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Choice Specs Genesect. Stone Edge can also be used to beat bulky Counter Mega Charizard X. Iron Tail beats bulky Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir. Rough Skin lets Garchomp more reliably take down Mega Charizard X, non-Metal Burst Mega Mawile, Mega Metagross, and Aron.

The Overview section has also been removed from analyses, as DLC makes the Overview of a Pokemon too easy to alter.

This is the Gen 8 Full Analysis Format:
[SET]
name: Barack Aboma (Swords Dance)
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Wood Hammer / Seed Bomb
move 3: Ice Shard
move 4: Earthquake
item: Abomasite
ability: Soundproof
nature: Adamant
evs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description
========
Describe what the moves and item on the set do.

EVs
========
Describe the purpose of the sets EVs and nature, along with additional EV spreads that serve specific purposes, if applicable.

Strategy & Support
========
Describe how to use the Pokemon, complicated matchups, notable exceptions with regards to archetypes you usually beat, and what Pokemon it can be paired with as teammates (avoid obvious type matchup examples).

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
List some options for the Pokemon user that are plausible but not always recommended due to being either not consistent enough or too outclassed by other Pokemon in the metagame.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username1, userid1]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2], [username3, userid3]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]

With every set being included for that Pokemon's analysis.

The main differences here between the Gen 7 fulls is that we:
  • Made EVs their own section, while combining Moves and Items together
  • Combined Usage Tips and Team Options into one section, Strategy and Support, since often 1v1 focuses a lot more on individual matchups than who is being paired with what.
We know this is a big shift, not just from Minis, but also from Gen 7 fulls to Gen 8 fulls. If anyone is confused about the process, you can contact either Alakazam or dogknees for questions. We'll also be QCing everyone's analyses to help with cutting down extra text, to make sure we get as much information in as possible.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Heyo. I'm making this post to announce my retirement from 1v1 C&C leadership.

As time has gone by, and work has increased in real life, with more college courses and other activities, the time I have available to put into organizing and planning out the future of 1v1 C&C has been split alongside other things, such as leading the main forums. I have decided to be realistic and recognize that I can no longer provide as much work as I could when I started leading this section. I wanted to make sure we could start Gen 8 Full analyses smoothly, and it looks like that process has begun, which I am glad to see.

Right now, I want to focus the amount of free time I have for Smogon towards other 1v1 resources, like the Set Compendium and 1v1 Old Gens, as well as continuing to improve overall policy for 1v1 in general, making sure I can be the best that I can be as a TL.

I will be leaving this section with dogknees, who has proven to be a capable leader not only with developing new QC members, but also with QCing others and making sure people finish. I will still be lurking as a QC team member, though not checking as much as I used to, as well as maintaining my Site Staff in order to help speed things up whenever I can. People like martha will also be around to help in this transitionary phase, making sure we can healthily grow the scene at an appropriate pace.

Thank you everyone who has put time and energy into 1v1 Analyses, it's been a genuine pleasure to be able to build this scene from basically nothing and see the community wish to take part in this cool project. uwu

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi all, I'm new to the C&C mod team, and I have a lot of QC team announcements to make:

crucify and Nick.see have joined the team!

Waylaid is back from inactive QC, pqs will remain there until further notice.

HCTC will be resigning from their moderator and QC position, while Blanched, Krytocon, Mubs, and Potatochan have been removed for some combination of inactivity and lack of interest.

The new team is as follows:
crucify
Itchy
Murman
Nick.see
PA
Rosa
Waylaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)