SS OU 1500 elo anti meta lead (no hazards)

also why no hazards
Already explained to a previous comment asking the same thing and it's because that's what you'd expect from this team each time I send out a potential hazard set up I instead throw off one or two free super effective hits and obviously it's not a special wall breaker like Nido but the coverage options are the same and achieve the same results, the speed evs are to specifically outspeed and trap bulky landos and you can check my replays the strategy works as intended

Already explained to a previous comment asking the same thing and it's because that's what you'd expect from this team each time I send out a potential hazard set up I instead throw off one or two free super effective hits and obviously it's not a special wall breaker like Nido but the coverage options are the same and achieve the same results, the speed evs are to specifically outspeed and trap bulky landos and you can check my replays the strategy works as intended
so, you expect hazards from all teams???? and you can just not click a hazard move. your logic makes no sence

Even if you can throw off supereffective hits the net damage from rocks will be more beneficial in the long run
Defog is mandatory but Stealth Rocks are not I don't see how deleting a Lando t for free is less beneficial than chipping it with Stealth Rock damage when it runs leftovers

Great feedback appreciate it! I switched out clefable for a max Def unaware calm mind build, and I moved blisseys speed evs over to spd because I never run phys Def bold its a huge waste imo I'd rather switch to phys wall/pivot or play chicken with serene grace tri attack because the amount of freezes it pulls is crazy, took your advice on swapping twave on dragapult and running hp atk ttar crunch fblast icebeam and Stealth rocks I understand the need for them but I personally would rather get the free expert belt hit off since the whole point of the gimmick is to catch Lando t specifically off gaurd the speed evs guaranteed a kill of non choice lando
Can you perhaps post the updated version of the team please?

there already has been certain changes in the team , but i feel like there is still place for improvements .
For example :
1) Blissey . I like the fact that you tried something new but well in my opinion the set is not all that viable . i dont see the need to use counter when you have a defense of only 130 as you will get ohkoed by most strong physical moves and any super effective physical move . Blissey's main role is a special wall as well as a sponge for status conditions . Giving up natural cure for serance grace is not adviced . Its only direct attacking move is tri attack which tbh does very little damage . I do see your motive in doing so , but trust me , in the longer run its not that helpful where you will have to face balanced teams and stall teams.
2)Landorus : This is completely optional but i would suggest stealth rock on blissey and defog on lando , that way you can fit toxic on lando. Another possible change could be 0 speed lando to have the slower lando in 1v1 for slower u-turn to gain momentum , in the same way lando can run 252 def so that it can check stuffs like kartana , and rilla more effectively.
3)Last but not the least , do you really want to give up something like leftovers or assault vest on melmetal for only 20% chance to hit first in a particular turn. It is extremely rng reliant , moreover you can use leftovers to get assured 6% health recovery or assault vest for increasing melmetal's sp def which is low compared to its physical bulk

there already has been certain changes in the team , but i feel like there is still place for improvements .
For example :
1) Blissey . I like the fact that you tried something new but well in my opinion the set is not all that viable . i dont see the need to use counter when you have a defense of only 130 as you will get ohkoed by most strong physical moves and any super effective physical move . Blissey's main role is a special wall as well as a sponge for status conditions . Giving up natural cure for serance grace is not adviced . Its only direct attacking move is tri attack which tbh does very little damage . I do see your motive in doing so , but trust me , in the longer run its not that helpful where you will have to face balanced teams and stall teams.
2)Landorus : This is completely optional but i would suggest stealth rock on blissey and defog on lando , that way you can fit toxic on lando. Another possible change could be 0 speed lando to have the slower lando in 1v1 for slower u-turn to gain momentum , in the same way lando can run 252 def so that it can check stuffs like kartana , and rilla more effectively.
3)Last but not the least , do you really want to give up something like leftovers or assault vest on melmetal for only 20% chance to hit first in a particular turn. It is extremely rng reliant , moreover you can use leftovers to get assured 6% health recovery or assault vest for increasing melmetal's sp def which is low compared to its physical bulk
Great feedback, the counter on blissey is exclusively for when they click uturn with torn or dragapult so their next mon get hit for their whole health bar. I'm pretty Adamant about the tri attack shenanigans as it's the most reliable way to freeze in my experience and adds a ton of randomness to the match, I prefer the slow bulkier landos but someone said try the standard set and that spread popped up for me but I might swap Toxic and counter on blissey for Stealth Rock and heal bell ill have to do more matchups but I think the teams getting there. As for quick claw on Mel I've always had really good rng with the item and with talks about banning it I fealt like it was a good time to use it before we lose it (I'll post a replay later where I get 4 qc procs in a row and flinch lock a kartana) but lo or av are much more viable I should have clarified in the update that's just my preference

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)