Programming [11/13-alpha09] Unofficial Showdown! Client for Android

Lu

Said the Moon to the Thief
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Sorry for my lack of activity regarding bug reports, I've been really busy.
Probably tomorrow I'll start writing the reports for the bugs I've found so far.

After the update, sometimes the app acts like it's not connected to the Showdown server, except for the news tab. When this happens I can't log in, chat, spectate, nothing.
Screenshot_20210128-081031.png

After the update, sometimes the app acts like it's not connected to the Showdown server, except for the news tab. When this happens I can't log in, chat, spectate, nothing.
View attachment 311541
I just noticed this issue too, I am investigating it right now. I don't think it comes from the mobile client as I can reproduce the issue on the desktop client. Once every three times the desktop client stay stuck in the "Loading..." mode.
Just to know, I did not followed showdown updates during january, what is the update you're mentionning ?

Maxouille I'll check this too!

Last edited:

Maxouille

Gastrodon east sea <3
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The issue only came from the builder so it's OK because old Gen teams could be imported from pokepaste.

And about Lyzter's issue the client report a websocket error from the smogon server, happens a lot with a bad wifi.
Screenshot_20210207_162726_com.majeur.psclient.jpg

Last edited:
I've been thinking of ways to improve the UI (and usability) of the app's landscape version and it has come to this (my photoshop skills are terrible, warning)
demo-psclient.png

There're 3 small changes, these come from the fact that when I use the app I often do actions unintentionally:
- Change of the position in which the team is shown, so the pokémon are away from the log and you can navigate comfortably through it (also being present at all times and not only when deciding the next move).
- Add an info toggle that once pressed causes that pressing a move or a pokémon results in receiving information about it (as happens when holding down with the finger).
- Increase the space for the log so there's enough space to also keep the pokémon's moves at all times to be able to see its info.

English isn't my native language, so if I've expressed myself badly or I'm not understood well, just tell me

Fairly certain this project is dead, but just in case it's not, I thought I'd mention that Free-For-All Battles are broken

Hi there,

Intro
I've started working on an android client for PS few month ago.
This was motivated by the need of a new project that would be easier to understand by the community, easier to maintain by the community and that uses more modern code, patterns and design.

To do that follow these steps:
  1. Join this google group.
  2. Now you are allowed to enroll to the test program here.
  3. And now (if I didn't messed up :mehowth:) you should be able get the app from the Playstore (by searching for it or directly here)!
PS: You might be able to find the app on the playstore website, but you must be part of the alpha program to get it.

______________________________________​

Bug Reporting:

Want to help ?
Non dev:
You can help a LOT by reporting any bugs or giving your thoughts on the app and recommendations !

Dev:
If you are an android enthusiast with minimum skills in android development and you would be interested in joining the project and helping for alpha release and bug fixing part, I would be more than happy to help you understanding how this client work ! The more we are the more we can do!
The project repo contains a README file describing how the code works and the project code structure so it would be easy for you to get in!
If you are interested, send me a message!.
Source code:
View attachment 244486How can I get download link?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)