Pokemon Showdown Quote Database

aerobee

Pure Hackmons
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
[22:01:53] ‽TheRealKingOfNY9: hey do you remember what throh's counterpart was from gen 5?
[22:02:02] ‽TheRealKingOfNY9: it was the blueish looking guy
[22:02:05] %cromagnet: sawk on deez nuts
[22:02:11] ‽TheRealKingOfNY9: ?
[22:02:21] %cromagnet: isnt that the joke you're setting up
[22:02:21] %cromagnet: lol
[22:02:24] %cromagnet: oops
[22:02:25] %cromagnet: Sawk
[22:02:30] ‽TheRealKingOfNY9: oh
[22:02:37] ‽TheRealKingOfNY9: no I was being serious

courtesy of cromagnet, i will now steal his likes

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
[9:17 AM] gm: isn’t houndour literally a gen 4 mon
[9:17 AM] stantlerchad: ,
[9:17 AM] gm: or is it gen 5
[9:17 AM] Cheir: uh
[9:17 AM] regulated sleep schedule haver: .
[9:17 AM] churine✿: ,
[9:17 AM] imanalt: .
[9:18 AM] imanalt: 2
[9:18 AM] churine✿: u couldnt even say gen 3 like slugma

collette moment

[00:22] %AllLikeWas~❦: How tf is it almost noon
[00:23] &Aeonic: because you have a bad timezone
[00:23] thebigscratch: inferior timezone
[00:23] %AllLikeWas~❦: Wait
[00:23] &Aeonic: guessing you're eastern asia somewhere?
[00:23] %AllLikeWas~❦: I hate myself now lmao
[00:23] instruct: est is the only time zone, btw
[00:23] %AllLikeWas~❦: I meant midnight
[00:23] &Aeonic: oh lol
[00:23] Shinyshaymin123: All time zones are inferior
[00:23] %PressPlayBrenden: lmao alw

to this day I still hate myself for saying this
Edit: Keep an eye on timestamps if you don’t get the context

Last edited:

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
hi, i still don't get the context? ?can you help please?
Greetings Total Clefairy,

First of all, I'm terribly sorry you didn't understand the meaning behind this exceeding elaborate and high quality comedypost. If you'll pardon my bluntness, I believe its multi-layered symbolism and comedic genius may go entirely unnoticed to the uneducated reader. I understand that explaining a joke is an easy way to cause said joke to go from being absolutely hysterical to unnoteworthy and not funny in the slightest, but I believe in this instance such an explanation may be warranted.

[00:22] %AllLikeWas~❦: How tf is it almost noon
[00:23] &Aeonic: because you have a bad timezone
[00:23] thebigscratch: inferior timezone
[00:23] %AllLikeWas~❦: Wait
[00:23] &Aeonic: guessing you're eastern asia somewhere?
[00:23] %AllLikeWas~❦: I hate myself now lmao
[00:23] instruct: est is the only time zone, btw
[00:23] %AllLikeWas~❦: I meant midnight
[00:23] &Aeonic: oh lol
[00:23] Shinyshaymin123: All time zones are inferior
[00:23] %PressPlayBrenden: lmao alw
The first of many layers is, as OP (original post/poster) pointed out, is the time stamps. If you might be so kind as to take a quick glance over at said timestamps, you will likely observe that the entire conversation takes place at 00:22 to 00:23. This may seem like the simple passage of time, a phenomenon we have all experienced once in our lives, but in reality this is actually a very subtle nod to time dilation. For the unfortunate of you who are unaware of time dilation, to put it simply, time dilation is, to quote some randomass website I found, "The relativistic slowing of a clock that moves with respect to a stationary observer".

But how does this relate to an exceeding funny quotation from esteemed website Pockemon Showdown? Well, you bumbling fucking moron asshole idiot cockhead, its very simple. Original Poster is actually currently posting from a satellite orbiting the planet Earth (that's where we live for those uninformed) and the resulting time dilation from being an estimated 38 microseconds faster than us lowly ground dwellers has affected their internal clock immensely, to the point where they believe it to be almost noon (that's 12pm for those uninformed) when it is, in fact, midnight. Fucking hilarious.

Secondly, please refer to the quotation marked below:

to this day I still hate myself for saying this
This quotation may seem like a dull and meaningless end to a dull and meaningless "joke", but this is far from the truth. Indeed, this quotation is a harsh and brutal stab at Society. How so, you may ask? Well, its quite simple, dear esteemed reader, and I shall explain this to you right now. This quotation mocks and belittles the Society we have built up, maintained, and lived in by holding a mirror up to our cultural perception of intelligence and making us laugh at what we see.

The conversation shown by Original Poster is indeed an honest mistake, a harmless jest, a brief lapse in their critical thinking capacity. But such a lapse has resulted in a bout of complete and utter destruction of their self; a spiraling decay as they succumb to self hatred and mock their very person. However, instead of seeking professional aid for such an absolute disregard for the simple fundamentals of the passage and nature of time they have demonstrated and the consequent cruel and brutal self mockery that they participated in within this quotation, they have elected to post the conversation that bought their reputation to its knees and destroyed their bright future in the realms of Pokemon Showdown, so that we may find humour in their intensely inhumane humiliation where they could not.

Thirdly, this post is a self quote, and those are always top notch comedy gold.

I hope this reply has helped you to understand the context behind absolute gem of a quote Total Clefairy. Perhaps you might've even learnt something from my brief deconstruction of a shining example of sheer comedic genius? Perhaps even I have perhaps inspired you to take a closer look at the drollery of this remarkable post perhaps? Who knows? Only time shall tell what course you take in life, esteemed Total Clefairy, but know this: your actions in life have drastic and far reaching consequances, so be wary of the paths you take.

Sincerely,
Alba tross

[16:25:53] darkthestral: hi
[16:25:56] darkthestral: 1v1???
[16:25:59] darkthestral: please
[16:26:03] ThatOneSpork: i see no reason not to
[16:26:13] darkthestral: i¨m so lonely
ThatOneSpork wants to battle!
[16:26:37] ThatOneSpork: well, i'm willing to battle
[16:27:07] darkthestral: wait men sent thes challenge agian
[16:27:14] ThatOneSpork: mkay
ThatOneSpork cancelled the challenge.
ThatOneSpork wants to battle!
darkthestral rejected the challenge.
[16:28:10] ThatOneSpork: okay then
[16:28:12] darkthestral: no hablo ingles chao

• Haha
Reactions: R8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)