SS OU “om an all star” OMASTAR RAIN ft. dragapult

omastar rain, first ou team got me to 1300+ elo, which is pretty good I think. Anyways Omastar smashes every team this shit is unbeatable, no bad matchups.

TEAM + EXPLANATION

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Hurricane / Scald
- Roost

basic rain shit, dude offers rain for the rest of the team to thrive off of, physdef cuz Ferro is special. U-turn pivots into rain abusers and hurricane and scald spread burns and chips.

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

- Power Whip / Gyro Ball

The combination of chople berry + the decreased fire damage make Ferro a tank in rain, the team basically relies on the combination of ferro and pel for tanking hits and getting our rain abusers in. Stealth rocks support helps the team with residual damage that allow the rain abusers to ohko more easily. Leech seed can heal members of the team. Powerwhip can be used as a gastro check if needed. Ferro also tanks future sight

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flip Turn
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Weather Ball
- Icy Wind

- Focus Blast

I want to get these two out of the way so we can get to the interesting part of the team, barraskewda abuses rain with the powerful combination of choiceband + swift swim and since this team is pretty specially oriented it was a no brainer to add him. Seismitoad also abuses rain with swiftswim + many many coverage moves that can be changed to fit the users wants. Notably Icy wind can weaken dragonite for omastar or dragapult to clean up on

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder
- U-turn

- Draco Meteor

Dragapult is here to help against rains main threats, thunder and shadow ball hit Toxapex and the slowtwins pretty hard respectively while Draco meteor is just a powerful move to click, u-turn can pivot out into the rain abusers. and I also wanted something to smash Ho so this has infiltrator to ignore veil/screens

Omastar (M) @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Ice Beam

- Earth Power

Omastar looked very interesting to me because of its ability in swift swim and move pool with meteor beam. Omastar can pick up ko’s on random weakened foes and start doing massive damage with the special attack boost and coverage moves (you can run surf if you have no balls)

+1 252 SpA Omastar Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 270-318 (70.1 - 82.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (with some chip it’ll be an ohko!)
+1 252 SpA Omastar Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Heatran: 380-448 (98.4 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Omastar Meteor Beam vs. 252 HP / 88 SpD Tornadus-Therian: 356-422 (98.3 - 116.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Omastar Meteor Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 392-464 (102.3 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Anyways yeah omastar smashes every ou mon ever

THREAT LIST

Rillaboom smashes most of the team with grassy glide so play careful and keep peli and Ferro alive and you should be fine.

As I said earlier hail + veil should be doable as long as you keep peli alive to win the weather war, but freeze dry arctozolt kinda smashes so keep Ferro alive for this matchup

It’s not that big of an issue more like an annoyance use Ferro pwhip and peli hurricane and you should be good

Even with thunder on dragapult Tox still takes it pretty well, you just gotta hit it hard as fast as you can

Not kart specifically just scarf Pokémon in general because even in rain omastar is still outspend by common scarf Pokémon so be weary when using omastar and try to scout the scarf

Anyways thanks for reading have a nice day

(https://pokepast.es/46a1720836719c0e)

Last edited:
nice team, omastar is very based and I've see that mon take lives against fatter teams.
here are a couple of problems that I feel you've left out.
1) :tornadus-therian: & :zapdos: go absolutely in by virtue of strong hurricanes(I know omastar resists and you have spdef ferro but oma doesn't have the spatk to switch into those attacks well and ferro is just a sitting duck)
2):mew: demon mew is just a menace against rain and honestly kinda unfair to say it here but I have a few ideas to fix this issue later on in the post.

Anyways a few changes I'd suggest are as follows-
1) :zapdos: over pult is good here, it lets you survive vs grass spam, gives you something that bullies torn, and is just incredible on rain to not use it.
2) Wild idea but hear me out, toxic on seism, peli or zap. Status goes hard vs stuff like demon mew or gasto. It allows you to cripple whatever defensive poke you want as well while also just being a good anti bullshit tech.
3) Assuance/Psychic Fangs/Aqua Jet over Crunch on :barraskewda:. Crunch is just kind of redundant as it doesn't hit much and the stuff it hits, it doesn't do huge amounts of damage too. Assurance with hazards is just better to snipe slowtwins. Psychic Fangs hits pex for not much but it can clutch endgames with secondary effects and also it hits shifu. Aqua Jet is good if you feel you are facing a lot of situations where you wish you had jet.
Have a good one.

Last edited:
I feel like this team would really benefit from a pivot to help address grass spam as well as a ghost switch in. Mandibuzz accomplishes all of that. You can also move Defog off Pelliper, and give it Knock Off, which will help the team by removing opposing Water resists’ Leftovers and break shit down faster. My thought it to replace Baraskewda as 3 Swift Swimmer’s is kinda overkill.

I’m also inclined to say make Seismatoad a physical attacker, the benefit being you can utilitize Power Whip to help break down stuff like Gastrodon, Rotom, Tapu Fini, etc, while also maintaining your electric immunity and being able to spam Liquidation and hit Toxapex hard and opposing Ferros neutrally with EQ.

Cool team. Omastar is a fun mon. I have a squad very similar that addresses most the major issues of this team.

Seismitoad @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Weather Ball
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Icy Wind

Omastar @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Meteor Beam
- Shell Smash

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Crunch

Changes:

Pelipper - Should be Relaxed Nature for slower U-turn and weather control vs. Tyranitar and Hippowdon. Ice Beam should be the attack, for checking Dragonite.

Ferrothorn - Should have Spikes. Ferrothorn is the best Spiker in the tier. Rain really likes the extra damage.

Omastar - needs to be Timid, to outspeed Dragapult and Zeraora in the rain or at +2 outside of Rain. It's also criminal not to use Shell Smash. Surf > Hydro Pump, Omastar cannot afford to miss while sweeping. Dump Ice Beam ; Earth Power is better vs. Volcanion and Toxapex. Meteor Beam takes care of most things Ice Beam would otherwise hit.

Barraskewda - is redundant. You already have Omastar and Seismitoad for Swift Swim. They are both more important than Barraskewda. Swap Barraskewda for Crawdaunt. Band works well with this team.

Dragapult - switch for a defensive Zapdos. Zapdos is an amazing wall / Pivot for rain. Thundercane is hard to switch into even on a defensive spread. Defensive Zapdos eternally walls Rillaboom, and beats all versions of Kartana.

Seismitoad - Use Choice Specs. You have plenty of breaking power with Crawdaunt and Omastar. Specs Toad is an underrated Swift Swimmer that does a ton of damage to the tier. It's a lot bulkier than Barraskewda, and Weather Ball is about equal in power to Skewda's Liquidation.

Cool team. Omastar is a fun mon. I have a squad very similar that addresses most the major issues of this team.

Seismitoad @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Weather Ball
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Icy Wind

Omastar @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Meteor Beam
- Shell Smash

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Crunch

Changes:

Pelipper - Should be Relaxed Nature for slower U-turn and weather control vs. Tyranitar and Hippowdon. Ice Beam should be the attack, for checking Dragonite.

Ferrothorn - Should have Spikes. Ferrothorn is the best Spiker in the tier. Rain really likes the extra damage.

Omastar - needs to be Timid, to outspeed Dragapult and Zeraora in the rain or at +2 outside of Rain. It's also criminal not to use Shell Smash. Surf > Hydro Pump, Omastar cannot afford to miss while sweeping. Dump Ice Beam ; Earth Power is better vs. Volcanion and Toxapex. Meteor Beam takes care of most things Ice Beam would otherwise hit.

Barraskewda - is redundant. You already have Omastar and Seismitoad for Swift Swim. They are both more important than Barraskewda. Swap Barraskewda for Crawdaunt. Band works well with this team.

Dragapult - switch for a defensive Zapdos. Zapdos is an amazing wall / Pivot for rain. Thundercane is hard to switch into even on a defensive spread. Defensive Zapdos eternally walls Rillaboom, and beats all versions of Kartana.

Seismitoad - Use Choice Specs. You have plenty of breaking power with Crawdaunt and Omastar. Specs Toad is an underrated Swift Swimmer that does a ton of damage to the tier. It's a lot bulkier than Barraskewda, and Weather Ball is about equal in power to Skewda's Liquidation.
i like a lot of the ideas here I’m just worried about the dragonite matchup with the removal of ice beam as well as what omastar could set up shell smash on with the power houses in the tier that easily ohko omastar.

i like a lot of the ideas here I’m just worried about the dragonite matchup with the removal of ice beam as well as what omastar could set up shell smash on with the power houses in the tier that easily ohko omastar.
Pelipper with Ice Beam, Ferro with Toxic, and Seismitoad with icy wind is enough for Dragonite. FatDos will usually beat DWB/EQ variants as well.

Shell Smash on Omastar is needed vs. Fat. They like to stall and recover and stuff. The only offensive mon you can smash on is utility Tornadus-T. Keep in mind Omastar is already faster than the tier in the rain and Meteor Beam gives you +1. Don’t need to smash at all vs. offensive teams.

Had a whole explanation written out for this but it didn't fit in the pokepaste notes box and I forgot not to copy the pokepaste before I pasted the work so oh well.

https://pokepast.es/e25a9333207191c4

Basics of this improved Omastar Rain:

1. Use Barraskewda's offensive leverage to create opportunities for Omastar or Zapdos to break.

2. Try to wear down opp Ferrothorn using using your provided tools, it will prevent Barraskewda and Omastar from breaking effectively. Best to at least bring it into range, if not murk it.

3. Hazards are your best friend in most matchups. Really important progress is kept with Stealth Rock and Spikes in order to facilitate your ability to break. Do this within reason.

4. Pelipper and Zapdos are your most valuable defensive tools against Urshifu, keep them healthy.

5. Pelipper, Landorus, and Zapdos are your best tools to deal with Rillaboom, Kartana, and Tapu Bulu. Keep them healthy and prevent them from taking the endgame.

6. Lele is a pain in the buttocks. Utilize Landorus and Ferrothorn as wedges to get your breakers in enough to limit the amount of time that it spends in.

7. Volcanion is really annyoing. Spd / mixed Pel is an option to better manage it, but when you see it asssume your plan is to be super agro from the getgo. There are a few teams floating around that use it like that one Greninja dude's team or other rain, just keep those matchups in mind.

8. Omastar is the ultimate fat breaker, as Raikou mentioned. Use it wisely.

9. Ironically, Zapdos is a problem. You're more than welcome to substitute even Landorus for Garchomp if you are really intimidated by this matchup but you're really screwed over by Lele and Dragapult if you use it over Lando. Gameplan is to play really aggressively into rain if you see Zapdos on it and attempting to limit its turns in and / or dismantle it very quicky. Defensive is less of problem but still annoying.

That's pretty much all I can think of besides a few tweaks like Calm Earth Power Landorus. Have fun!

P.S.

Forgot to mention that if you're running BP ferro it would be wise to invest some defense.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)