Smogon Forums

Sole Survivor
Sole Survivor
Nah I only made the Dondozo
Choruto
Choruto
Ic, can I ask why the spedef investment on dozo? Normally you want more in defense/attack.
Sole Survivor
Sole Survivor
Attack hits a bump already and the Special Defense is crucial against Chi-Yu Flutter Mane stuff bc you don't want to get overwhelmed under Tailwind. I don't see much of a need for Defense investment now that Iron Hands is falling off and Rillaboom isn't nearly as common as before. I have Rocky Helmet too for things like both Urshifu so yeah. you can find similar spreads on Pikalytics too
Choruto
Choruto
Defense is more for Urshifu and Chien pao stuff
Im not so sure on the Chi yu flutter stuff, if your tera dragon it doesen't really matter your dropping to tera fairy mb anyways and if not tera/no yu you dont need 172, only for 252 specs which Im not sure is worth the extra investment
Im not saying your set is bad btw just I run dozogiri myself and want to know the reasoning for the spread.
Choruto
Choruto
I dont have the character limit, but the chance that a tera water mystic water 156 adamant urshifu surging strikes in rain 2HKO's is 5.8% if your running 4 hp 20 defense, and 74.7% if 28 hp and 4 defense
Like thats a pretty big diff
Sole Survivor
Sole Survivor
I used to run DozoGiri myself and while yeah Urshifu does still threaten it, I prefer to have a stronger matchup into FM and Chi-Yu. also Mystic Water is almost irrelevant with nearly all opting for Scarf at this point but I could try tweaking the Defense if that's all it'd take
Sole Survivor
Sole Survivor
oh yeah also Helmet
Choruto
Choruto
Mystic water isen't really "Irrelevant", If you look at the Reg F Bo3 ladder Mystic still has 33% usage, and 1500+ Its 40%, so I woulden't say its irrelevant. Also same as Rillaboom, its like 30-40% usage.
Also like what specifically does the spedef add, do you live specs heatwave + mb after both teras? Just run Jolly dozo at that point and kill the flutter first
Choruto
Choruto
Also helmet is nice sometimes the extra healing is way too good to pass up, and I defo dont think Rocky Helmet should be the first one
Choruto
Choruto
I think you can drop the speed from 252 to 236 and dump it in defense, theres nothing really in the 170-174 range. Also sorry if im coming across as rude Im just a dozofan
Sole Survivor
Sole Survivor
I said Rillaboom isn't nearly as common as before lol, as for the Urshifu thing 31% is actually not a lot when you look at the fact over 50% are Scarf. I did already change the set though. also Helmet is at 50% usage on Dondozo, Leftovers is 32 so I think the order I've kept it in is fine. I'm 228 Speed on Dozo btw
Sole Survivor
Sole Survivor
I didn't mind these at all btw, I really like Dozo myself
Choruto
Choruto
I see about the rilla part, I think Urshifu is still something to consider with mystic tho.
Also from personal experience and looking at all of the stats on limitless, helmet is still always second. Also alright about the speed thing
Choruto
Choruto
Ah on bo3 ladder, I see. Order isen't really worth much fuss anyways. I read your analysis, I think its good I like it, though maybe mention something on being less teambuilding and more read reliant. Also, I think substitute and tera dragon deserve a mention.
Choruto
Choruto
Sub can negate one of dondozo's hardest MU's in spore and slow balance stuff and punish passive plays, and also has a really high skill ceiling in how you use it, such as stalling out iron crown psychic terrain. Also tera dragon with proper speed control is still really strong, you have less weaknesses and the boost on order up is very powerful.
Choruto
Choruto
If your using dozogiri on 2-2-2 as an expendable like throw it in, tera grass if you see amoonguss or grass type after the flutter fish/chien-nite kills their team ig its fine but that feels way too match up fishy too me, tera dragon if your actually playing it as a win condition feels way better for longevity
Choruto
Choruto
Wait wtf why is earthquake 90% usage on dozo, there isen't even many steel/poison mons that you dont hit normally anyways, I dont understand ladder. Redirection isen't even that common
Sole Survivor
Sole Survivor
Bro I had Dragon Tera on it but I couldn't come up with why you'd use it over Grass even if it boosts Order Up power because you just lose to the #1 Pokemon in theory LOL. I also thought of having Sub bc I love it personally but it's seeing low usage from what I see and I assume it's partly because of Incin being able to Tera and PShot on it but there's probably more important reasons like the format being more fast
Sole Survivor
Sole Survivor
Reached character limit, fast-paced
Choruto
Choruto
In theory on dragon tera is the main thing, you can run jolly dozo to outspeed flutter, and even then you can get proper speed control with torn tailwind and your other mons can get a flutter kill. Even then, just positioning around the flutter tera dragon is better imo. Like tera grass loses to so much, it gets a worse mu to tornadus, incin, chien pao, oger fire, peli and other stuff.