Smogon Forums

charizard8888
charizard8888
Before Gen 9 this method used to work
Maybe now I have to change some file to point out from where is the data being pulled from? But I cant seem to find that

So can you tell me how set up the forked copy
Tbolt
Tbolt
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to change. Are you trying to add new Pokemon or add new sets or something else?
Tbolt
Tbolt
Ah I did some digging and I think I found the issue: you're sending me a link to the HTML template.

Basically, the template is the skeleton of the calculator that you fill in with the data contained within src/js/data/sets when you run node build view. This will produce the dist directory with the HTML files fleshed in with all of the data.
Tbolt
Tbolt
I personally am not familiar with CI/CD or GitHub Pages to tell you explicitly how to fix it (if I were, I would be able to better help you with that), but it seems as though you should try and target dist/index.html.
Tbolt
Tbolt
Additionally, based on how Jekyll is configured, going to your main page will just bring up the README.md. At some point down the road, I think you'll want to make the default index.html to be the aforementioned dist/index.html.
charizard8888
charizard8888
Ooo node
THANKS a lot for mate!!!
Also thanks a ton for taking the time to check the issues with the repo
Yeah mostly editing it for adding new Pokemon
charizard8888
charizard8888
Well sorry to trouble you again
I ran node build view, it copied files to dist/ and I tried running the new link but its still not loading up
I saw that none of the files from the calc folder were copied so I manually copied them but it didn't help so I reverted it again
charizard8888
charizard8888
Seems like there has to be a calc/dist file which isnt there

Copying `calc/dist` to `dist/calc`
node:internal/fs/utils:347
throw err;
^

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, scandir 'calc/dist'
at Object.readdirSync (node:fs:1452:3)
at cpdir (C:\Users\dell\Documents\GitHub\damage-calc\build:38:24)
at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\dell\Documents\GitHub\damage-calc\build:59:1)