Smogon Forums

Shedinja-43152
Shedinja-43152
Thanks for the help.
Is this forum responsible for the Pokemon Showdown rules? Do you know who exactly is in charge? I would like to post where the responsible can read and do something about.
vapicuno
vapicuno
the rules for adv has been decided through a long history by the adv council. i do not suggest you engage them, but rather, seek to understand why things are as they are in the thread above. the rules have been thoroughly considered and sometimes voted on by players who have qualified through good tournament or ladder results. as a beginner, your views will likely not be taken seriously without good arguments.
Shedinja-43152
Shedinja-43152
I can be new in this forum, but I fell like a veteran player of pokémon because I play it since i'm a child (I started in generation 1) and play all pokémon games untill the gen4.
I'm not that bad in the ladder of gen 3 (who is my favorite gen). Indeed I never take part of Smogon tournaments (where can I join to be more relevant to this community?)
Shedinja-43152
Shedinja-43152
But I rly want to complain about the Baton pass clausule, I know it is a new clausule (at least in gen3) because I had a team with batom pass untill last year.
But this year, when I will play with my great batom pass team it is banned.
Shedinja-43152
Shedinja-43152
And I have one good argument: I mean, a suggestion. How about if have at least a tier with no rules? Who like the rules can play in the ruled tier and who doesn't like the rules can play in the free tier. I guess it should make everyone happy.
Shedinja-43152
Shedinja-43152
Other rule who annoying me the most is the Sleep clausule, because all pokémons who have sleep moves are weak, and this clausule make they almost un-usable. This clausule is a nerf in an already nerfed pokémon :/
vapicuno
vapicuno
vapicuno
vapicuno
about what being a beginner means here - the game on the cartridges is totally different from the game we play on pokemon showdown. i'd say you only start to really understand the adv ou metagame when your ladder rating is >1600 in adv
vapicuno
vapicuno
about a tier with no rules: this exists in gen8 - it's called "anything goes". we don't have it in adv ou because too few people play adv tiers that aren't adv ou.
it's easier to ask questions in discord. join the server with this link https://discord.gg/wQuy6DwxG8
vapicuno
vapicuno
Shedinja-43152
Shedinja-43152
Ohhh I can't post in old threads?
So, I'm sorry. I thoutgh my post should fit better there...
vapicuno
vapicuno
Your questions are too rudimentary to contribute to proper discussion in the other threads. Therefore, they belong in the beginners thread. Also, we try not to bump old threads here.
Shedinja-43152
Shedinja-43152
Another issue. Where can I ask questions about the regular game of Game Boy? Or this forum is just for Pokemon Showdown?
vapicuno
vapicuno
About your Ninjask post
1. Please do not post about cartridge games in this forum.
2. Please be familiar with ADV gameplay before you post in any thread apart from the Beginners' Hub. You can't use Swords Dance and Baton Pass with Ninjask.
Sorry, but I will be deleting your post since following these points, it mostly adds no value to the discussion. Again, I advise you to stick to the Beginners thread.