Smogon Forums

Grillo
Grillo
ty!
Yours is goat
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I grew up with Battle Network and Star Force but I only got into Zero this year because of the new Legacy Collection that dropped. After I beat that I'm currently going through the X games
Grillo
Grillo
Zero 3 and Zero 4 are probably two of the best games in the franchise. I'm going to start the Battle Network series now that I have time due to the quarantine. Also, try the ZX games if you haven't played them already
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Wow dude, I'm glad you agree. Zero 4 seems to be wildly underrated. It's actually my favorite in the series.

I have played ZX as well since it was paired with the Zero legacy collection. I played a little bit of Advent as a kid so it was fun to revisit. Ashe was always my favorite haha
Grillo
Grillo
Ashe is my fav too! Grey is ok, but just that
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Grey is such a non-character. Like just a blank slate typical amnesiac anime character. Ashe has all the spunk and fun lol

I got the X Official Complete Works in the mail today. Already have the Zero and BN ones, gonna get the Star Force one when it drops on the 19th

For some reason, the only Mega Man I'm not really interested in is Classic. Perhaps because of its lack of narrative focus and being non-anime lol
Grillo
Grillo
Classic Megaman are like the beta of X series, they feel obsolete nowadays except for, maybe, Megaman & Bass
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Bass is a really cool character. However I felt like he was done better in BN haha
Grillo
Grillo
that for sure, the classic Megaman never cared too much anout characters or story
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Yeah, but I love how it ended up setting up the rest of the series...or rather I should say the series retroactively used it to build itself. It's pretty crazy how long the series ran and how much ground it covered. it literally spans from "we have robots now" to "there is robot racism" to "robots and humans are the same now, racism is over" lol
Grillo
Grillo
ye, it's interesting how the plot of the games evolved. I want a new ZX game :(
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Me too, even if it's just so we can get an artbook lol.

Man it's been 13 years. Pretty insane. I wasn't even 13 when the game came out lol
Grillo
Grillo
yeah lol, time went fast..
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I hope these collection revitalize the franchise but I doubt it. I think all we'll ever get are classic throwback games

At the very least I hope we get all of the games in legacy collections. It's pretty crazy to think they were churning out like 3 games a year lol. They didn't pace themselves at all. All of the games we know happened in like 7 years.
Grillo
Grillo
I thought I answered the last msg, lol.

I think there is a chance, maybe in like 4 or 5 years, but we could have a new Megaman X/ZX (and I hope!) The series is taking the time it needs to roost.