Smogon Forums

Sapphire.
Sapphire.
Sorry I haven't checked here for so long D: I'm fine! How about you? Midterms next week and I haven't started studying yet haha. It's ok though I think
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Are you a sophomore now, or a junior? I don't remember. Wow you're 20, time flies! I stillremember when you were 15 and I was a college freshman lol.

Things are going well. I'm a TA now and I actually get to teach which is good experience (and pay!) for me. I just proctored a midterm exam last week hehe
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
i know right, how am i 20 already haha! I'm a junior now. I actually have a midterm tomorrow, but I think it will be easy? I'll keep you updated I guess ;P

and that's really cool! :D if i remember correctly, you said you wanted to be a history teacher right? if not, sorry that my memory has failed me XD
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Haha. Yeah it was a possibility I was considering. But my dream is to be in a wedding band, lol.

Since I last talked to you actually, I'm starting to consider a PhD program. No real decision yet though.
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
really? a wedding band? haha that sounds cool. why is that your dream though? :P

wow a PhD sounds hard. what subject will you look into? and next semester i have to write a senior thesis for my undergraduate program. i think it's supposed to emulate the phd thesis. it has to be like 40 pages long ;-;
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
It just sounds like a lot of fun lol. I've always loved going to weddings, even if I didn't know the people. Like when my parents dragged me along as a kid. And I never turn down an excuse to get all dressed up haha. And I've really missed playing with a band again after high school. Music alone is fine but nothing beats having a band!
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I originally didn't consider a PhD because there aren't really schools around me that offer PhDs for humanities anymore. And plus I've found the higher you get in the Humanities (doing my Masters right now) the more and more the academy is just pages after pages of Marxist theory. That really predominates modern Humanities departments, but it is not really my main interest, so I kinda got disillusioned.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
But the Communications department might be a good fit for me after this, since I can easily continue what I am doing for my thesis over there (I'm writing about internet remixes and internet communities (like Smogon, for example!)).

40 pages is pretty long for an undergraduate thesis. Mine was only about 18-20 pages, wow. My actual masters thesis is supposed to be about 40 pages, lol.
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
i think i only attended one wedding ever in my life lol xD a wedding band would sound fun but I would be scared of the pressure! and I see, why don't you go to a school far away from you then? :P
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
internet remixes and internet communities seem like a hard topic to write about :< at least it is interesting
I think for my undergraduate thesis im going to write about something related to the environment.

also it's almost nov 3. that's six yrs from the creation of my acc :O