Smogon Forums

Pearl
Pearl
spoiler: it got attacked somewhere on the last 10 floors
Altissimo
Altissimo
oh my god that's so unfortunate, I've never actually managed to get a chansey in joyous tower (I'm a wuss and just use Jirachi wishing instead) but I feel like I would quit the game forever if that happened to me. I'm so sorry
Pearl
Pearl
i've never tried to "recruit them all" before (although it's something i'd like to try sometime in the future 'cause the idea of having a fully cleared save file in pmd1 sounds both awesome and satisfying), so yours was a pretty fun read

also, i eventually got myself another chansey during that run (who is currently a level 100 blissey that deals 900 damage per doubleslap hit), so i guess it turned out fine, but i remember being pretty disappointed at the time haha
Altissimo
Altissimo
ok but how long did it take to simply RUN INTO chanseys in joyous tower and strategy/pokemon did you use to not die in joyous tower
i ask for... curiosity... yes... thats all :B
Pearl
Pearl
i feel like the strategy i used is probably the most reliable one (and even then, it still has a frustratingly high chance of failing), but if you find a different approach then let me know! chansey's spawn rate around 1%, so it usually took me a high amount of time to find one(and i think i even did a few joyous tower runs without even finding one at all lol)

https://pastebin.com/JpvKAGLq