Smogon Forums

Trinitrotoluene
Trinitrotoluene
you hit the nail on the head.
Trinitrotoluene
Trinitrotoluene
since you get 4 pheromosa, i'd also go for a naughty one to get access to a good scarf pheromosa.
Cipher Admin Lovrina
Cipher Admin Lovrina
I'm paranoid the hidden power needs might change if she goes to Ubers. Also, Is ground still worth using with Aegislash banned from OU?

I'm inclined to get one Naive (hidden power doesn't matter, but electric or ground works), two Rash with Electric and Ground, and one Naughty (hidden power doesn't matter either).

If she were to go to ubers, would her hidden power needs drastically change or would she be rendered unviable in that tier? I think between her speed tier, typing, and beast boost, she would have a lot going for her still.
Trinitrotoluene
Trinitrotoluene
ground hits toxapex and alola marowak, two otherwise sound switch-ins. if she hits uber, i hold doubts about her viability, but we'll see. i personally hope she stays in ou, but i wouldn't be too mad if she gets banned.
Cipher Admin Lovrina
Cipher Admin Lovrina
Ground also gets a hit on Gengar! Electric hits Mantine, Gyarados, Toxapex, and Skarmory/Celesteela. Anything else it nabs?
Cipher Admin Lovrina
Cipher Admin Lovrina
Also, is there a Hidden Power to prioritize getting on the Naive/Naughty ones?
Trinitrotoluene
Trinitrotoluene
for naive and naughty, not really.
Cipher Admin Lovrina
Cipher Admin Lovrina
Sad. You don't think she would have any uses in Ubers? I am loving that Quiver Dance set you posted.
Trinitrotoluene
Trinitrotoluene
pheromosa may have a niche as a rapid spin user in uber, but lunala and giratina-o makes that niche pretty tough. other than that, it's kinda hard to justify using it over something like deo-a, which hits much, much harder and has better coverage. it's not like the 1 extra base speed stat is going to do much to carve itself a niche over deo-a, which outruns pretty much every notable unboosted uber.
Trinitrotoluene
Trinitrotoluene
that being said, i wouldn't be surprised if people try out pheromosa as a quiver dance sweeper in ubers for a little while.
Cipher Admin Lovrina
Cipher Admin Lovrina
I'm hoping it gets really good move tutors eventually. I think that Beast Boost, rapid spin, and its stabs definitely give it a niche.
Cipher Admin Lovrina
Cipher Admin Lovrina
I got all the Pheromosas you recommended today.

One Quad Flawless Naive
One Hidden Power Ground Naughty
One Hidden Power Electric Rash
One Hidden Power Ground Rash

I'm not sure which one to bottle cap up first, but I seem to recall you mentioning that the Naive Mixed Attacker Pheromosa will probably be the most viable (U-Turn/High Jump Kick/Poison Jab/Ice Beam) @Life Orb or Expert Belt.
Trinitrotoluene
Trinitrotoluene
the naive pheromosa would be the first one i'd bottle cap up first. the life orb set is the most common pheromosa set, and for good reason.