Smogon Forums

mattj
mattj
Feels like it's been years ha!
shutt up
shutt up
I think it has been years lol! How you been!?
mattj
mattj
Good. Just livin life. Work's good. Family's good. My kids are 9 and 4 now. The daughter, Lilly, 9, is playing pokemon in the tournaments now. Been fun.

What have you and your lil bro been up to?
shutt up
shutt up
I'm doing good.

That's awesome that you get to share doing what you like to do with your own kids! My brother doesn't even like playing Pokémon anymore. You enjoying the new games?
mattj
mattj
Loving them. I like how easy it is to get competitive shiny pokemon now. You don't have to learn all that complicated RNG abuse stuff. Now you just chain them and they pop up. And then use bottlecaps to make their IVs flawless.

I also really enjoyed the story in the game. It was really refreshing to not have to beat 8 gyms and the Elite 4.

And playing competitively in this new metagame has been fun. Really fresh and interesting.

Been grinding like crazy to get a team for myself and a team for my daughter in time for this weekend's Premier Challenge. Finally got them both ready. Practicing and testing them now.
shutt up
shutt up
Yeah, I love how they've made it easy enough for a noob like me to make a competitive team in general. The ability to instantly check iv's in the pc is cool.

I got a shiny vikavolt from chaining 593 grubbin's, but it unfortunately got a neutral nature. I haven't tried for any more shinys after that.

What method do you use for getting bottle caps?
mattj
mattj
There'a a boat shaped like Steelix on Poni Island. You can walk out of its door, check for a cap, and if none just keep walking in and out till one shows up.
shutt up
shutt up
Thanks!
mattj
mattj
Let me know if you need any direction with chaining. I've gotten pretty good at it.