Antar
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey, will there be a metagame in Gen7 in which the banned Megastones would be available to use?
    Antar
    Antar
    No idea. Not my department.
    Pira
    Pira
    Ok, do you know who´s in charge of that?
    In your 'Gen 7 OU usage stats' list, after around spot 70 there seems to be several Pokemon unavailable in Sun/Moon showing up on the list, such as Landorus and Genesect. was this due to an oversight or were they actually accidentally allowed for a small period of time?
    Antar
    Antar
    They were actually allowed for a small period of time
    hey, is there an easy way to get usage information for "other" for individual pokemon? such as what the breakdown of "other moves" are for certain pokemon.
    Antar
    Antar
    Check the JSON files located in the "chaos" subfolders.
    Do you think there's anything useful in the usage stats of random formats? I was thinking that higher usage of Pokemon in the higher weighted stats might indicate that those Pokemon are slightly better than average, at least in that format.
    Antar
    Antar
    That's definitely one avenue to explore. The other is to use the moveset stats as a reference for what sets PS puts together (although you could always just read through the PS datafiles for that...)
    pyuk
    pyuk
    Yeah, I know about the movesets being stored in formats-data.js, but now that you mention it, looking at the actual frequency of certain moves compared to others could be interesting...
    Stats question, how hard is it to produce individual Pokemon winrates? If this is something that just so happens to be extremely trivial and not time consuming for you to do, I was mostly asking because I was interesting in looking at pokebankou-1825 winrates. Additionally, if this is something I can dig out from the jsons myself, I wouldn't mind being told where to look.
    Antar
    Antar
    Actual winrate is a horrible metric, because the PS ladder does matchmaking. In an ideal world, no matter your skill, your actual winrate would be 50%. At one point I posted avg. GXE, but all that tells you is how popular a mon is with newbs. You should look into my viability ceiling analysis. It might scratch a similar itch.
    UltiMario
    UltiMario
    Yes, yet every single team based game has shown "50% winrate" is an objectively false statement, and is not whatsoever based in the grounds of reality. I'm quite aware of the contexts and limits of individual Pokemon winrates, and I'm still interested in analyzing them anyways. If it's something you could very trivially do, or tell me how to find, I'd very much appreciate it.
    pardon me if I'm wasting your time but is there any way to find november stats for other metagames at the moment (vgc2017 in particular)?
    so everything from aegislash to hippodown is OU now? aegislash got banned so alolan ninetales take the last place in the OU tier? or we get only 50 ? sry idk exactly how to ask what i'm trying to ask
    Antar
    Antar
    No. Tiers don't get updated until next month. Probably I'm not even going to use November's data in doing the tiering, since there was the Aegislash suspect test and all the new-gen hype.
    What percentage of players meet the 1695 baseline?
    oreofestar
    oreofestar
    Or what would be a rough rank equivalent?
    Antar
    Antar
    Roughly 7% of players should have a Glicko rating at-or-above 1695 (though I haven't validated that in a while)
    wrt stats, is there any way to figure out stats for just the usage period where Aegislash was legal? Seeing him that high on the pre-bank OU ladder even though he was banned mid month is pretty crazy
    Duck Chris
    Duck Chris
    actually scratch that just saw it was banned on the 29th, i thought it was earlier for some reason
    Apologies for the delay btw. I got caught up in other things and forgot about it.
    Antar
    Antar
    No problem. Anyone else who's feedback I should solicit? Or can we call this closed?
    kumiko
    kumiko
    Sam would be the only one but he says he agrees
    Antar
    Antar
    Cool. Thanks.
    Hey I was told you were the guy to message about GXE and how it works, I apologize if there is a link somewhere explaining this in detail. Anyway I'm currently 90-0 (no that's not a typo, I've won 90 and lost 0) in a tier, but my GXE is only 85%. Why isn't this significantly higher? I was told that early one around 35-0 I just needed more games, but am I still way short?
    Hi! Sorry to bug you, but when are the tier shifts going to happen?
    Antar
    Antar
    When the stats are done compiling.
    hey has anyone ever told you your avatar looks like a psychedelic slice of toast
    How come you didn't include PU usage?
    Antar
    Antar
    Because PU is the last usage-based tier. Monthly PU stats are up at smogon.com/stats
    you forgot darm z
    Antar
    Antar
    DZ isn't volatile. If you switch it out and back in it'll appear as DZ. Or are you referring to something else?
    MANNAT
    MANNAT
    i mean it becomes normal darm when u come in and changes to darm z but i thought that counted
    Admittedly this might be the opposite of what's intended, but as an AG and BH player having the usage stats for, say, Arceus reflect the usage of multiple per team is in fact extremely useful. Furthermore, if the point of tiers is to make a threatlist, then the difference between 40% of BH teams running imp Chansey and 20% running 2 is largely academic, and still gives the same teambuilding info.
    Quantum Tesseract
    Quantum Tesseract
    and on a somewhat separate note, wouldn't mew be a volitile form change?
    Antar
    Antar
    Yes, and Smeargle. It might be possible to do what you're describing, but if I can only support one, it has to be the per-team.
    Quantum Tesseract
    Quantum Tesseract
    Thanks for responding.

That makes sense, although it would be neat to see. I suppose the how many of X run X would work similarly, though, so I suppose it isn't important.
    Just asking out of interest (if you've talked about it before I didn't see it), but what's Project Onix?
    Antar
    Antar
    There should have been a link in the post. It's my rewrite of the Smogon Usage Stats system.
    Martin
    Martin
    I clicked the link in the post and it brings me to the github thing, so I was just kinda wondering what the specifics of it were. If it's just you cleaning up stringy code then that's cool, but I wasn't sure if it was just something like that or something different. Thanks for clearing that up :)
    Antar
    Antar
    If you look at the Roadmap.md file you can see what I'm envisioning. It'll be significantly more feature-rich than the current scripts.
    Hey Antar, I was wondering what the meaning was behind the teammate percentages under the moveset statistics. For example, under Sylveon, when Krookodile has +12.121%, does that mean that 12% of teams that have Sylveon also have Krookodile? Or that the baseline Krookodile usage increased by 12% for teams that carry Sylveon?

If you have a more complete dataset (for my stats project), that would be amazing.
    Antar
    Antar
    If Alakazam appears on 20% of teams with a Blastoise and overall Alakazam appears on 10% of teams then Alakazam's teammate score under the Blastoise moveset stats would be +10%
    yo. just fyi I have a channel for programmers and other STEM types (roughly ~35 people on simultaneously), and i realized today that i hadn't given you an invite. i know you're not on irc much but if you want to drop by #program you are super welcome to!

p.s. hope all is well we should catch up sometime yadda yadda etc etc
    Fireburn
    Fireburn
    Every user on #program increases Smogon's rating on the Pokemon NASDAQ, so pls do it for the good of the community.
    Antar
    Antar
    Yeah, things are hectic (as always) but good. I will definitely pop in and say hello the next time I have a chunk of free time (so, like, 2023). Hope all is well with you.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…