Antar
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Can you tell me how you gather the usage data please? I would like to gather some statistics myself.

To answer my own question: https://github.com/Antar1011/Smogon-Usage-Stats

So I guess my next question would be, are the log files publicly available?
    Hi Antar - I messaged you a while ago regarding an ML project involving Showdown data - did you get a chance to look over the request?
    I had kind of a request if it doesn't bother you and you don't have to make thi's a thing but me and my friend we playing some showdown and we then decided to do doubles then we thought it would be cool if we could do 2 vs 2 battles it's just a thought we thought it would be cool but it's all up to you guys
    Have a nice day:)
    Hey, would it be possible to get my hands on the raw data from pokemon showdown matches? I'm working on a machine learning project and that data would be amazing.
    Antar
    Antar
    Sent you a VM
    hey, sorry to bother, but I'm trying to find out IV spread usage - do you have any data on that? (more specifically, how often certain Pokemon use 0 Atk IVs)
    Antar
    Antar
    It's not in any of my stats reports, but I can look into it. You have a tier in mind?
    tehy
    i think OU would probably be the best, but any tier works really
    out of curiosity how close was crustle to dropping? it looks like it would have been really close.
    Thank you so much for the stats!!! They're a huge life saver, especially since they're so easy to get to and so user-friendly.
    Hey there, I had a bug to report but it said I had insufficient privileges to post in the bug report thread. So I hope posting it here will do, as I saw you were the owner of that thread.

when building a amoonguss for vgc on Pokemon Showdown, i noticed that the move 'Rage Powder' was listed in the category "nearly useless moves" which I feel is misleading to those who are unaware of how useful it is on him
    Hi you still releasing common movesets of each Pokemon for the OU usage?

I can't seem to find them on the stats page in competitive discussion anymore.
    Hi,When will tier shift begin?(sorry but ı want to learn)(I am also appreciate you because of your work also ı liked your youtube channel :) ]
    Antar
    Antar
    A few days. Had to restart the processing job this time due to some PS changes.
    Still giving away LC stuff? I filled out your form.
    Antar
    Antar
    I'm sorry--I really don't have the time these days. I'll let you know if that ever changes.
    Hey, sorry I didn't get to you earlier, but could we get the CAP 21 Playtest Crucibelle Ladder usage stats posted?
    Antar
    Antar
    Can it wait until the rest of the stats get posted in a few days?

Server is currently working as fast as it can to process stats for the month.
    Antar
    Antar
    Oh fun. I'm actually gonna have to rerun these stats because of Crucibelle. It's gonna be a while. Maybe even a week (though I hope to have them done sooner).
    Antar
    Antar
    Ugh. You gave it an effing mega-evo? This is going to be a PITA.
    Hey, can I ask how rises/drops are weighed over two months? Is it a 50/50 split (which seems illogical but I guess I could understand) or is it some other numbers?
    Merritt
    Merritt
    Alright, thank you!
    Merritt
    Merritt
    And on a completely different note, it looks like in Ubers usage stats all Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent (which is pretty much all of them) are being counted as Mega Rayquaza.
    Antar
    Antar
    That's a known bug. I guess I'll have to hand-code for it.
    Hi, so come February will you still be using the quick rise/drop system or the 3.41% cutoff?
    Antar
    Antar
    3.41% weighted over three months.
    PC this Sunday in Frederick if you have the chance to go, no idea when the next one close to us is
    hey buddy you should go to the regional in doswell, Virginia on Valentine's Day, your wife won't mind. Or go to some premier challenges with me bro I don't care if you're an adult with adult responsibilities
    Antar
    Antar
    haha dude I haven't even picked up my DS or logged onto Showdown since like September. But if my kid starts sleeping through the night again, maybe I'll get back into it, and I'll let you know. What is there even in the DC area? Nearest shit I've ever seen has been Richmond.
    blarajan
    blarajan
    Frederick, Vienna
    Fyi as of now nobody is running the FU metagame thread as the co-leaders gave up on it and nobody else wanted to take over, so I dunno if it's worth getting the stats for it anymore.
    Antar
    Antar
    First off: Youtube. Secondly, the PS folks use the PU list to differentiate between PU and NFE.
    boltsandbombers
    boltsandbombers
    Ah, fair enough - just wouldn't want all that effort to be for nothing.
    hey Antar Zarel told me to come to you for help with a statistics problem

I recently learned that we've been hand compiling data for seasonals for the last two seasonals in doubles... is there a program out there that can do this without the painstaking long (and prone to error) process of writing it all down?

Would appreciate any information/advice/way to do this, thanks n_n
    Antar
    Antar
    Checkmater
    Checkmater
    it seems to include seasonals with the ladder? Is there a way to do it so that it's just seasonals matches, or I can put in the replays I want analyzed?
    Antar
    Antar
    The stats are for all rated (ladder) matches for each tier.
    hey Antar! you don't know me, and thats not a problem haha. I just wanted to say that everybody in the Smogon community appreciates your work. even though it doesn't feel like it as everybody is always complaining about 'why didnt x mon drop! stupid tier shifts etc' , but thank you for everything you do for Smogon and PS!
    Antar
    Antar
    You're absolutely welcome!
    Hi Antar! Have you checked your inbox recently? I messaged you there and would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks!
    Is it possible to see statistics for just moves? ie: how many teams in a tier have the move Spikes somewhere.
    Antar
    Antar
    You can figure it out by summing the moveset stats if you've got some familiarity working with json files.
    Luigi
    Luigi
    ty
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…