Smogon Forums

Max. Optimizer
Max. Optimizer
Also, I recall you wanted me to clone a couple of Pokémon for you not too long ago. Do you still need me to do that for you? I haven't forgotten it.

Best greetings.
Luxpluff91
Luxpluff91
Hi there, it should work with any Jirachi from Gen 4 (probably with Gen 3, too, though I never tried). I don't recall the exact requirements, but the ID and Region should match at least to be able to nickname it. I don't if the person who nicknamed it matched the OT name too or not. (It wasn't me who nicknamed it, I received it in a giveaway)

I don't think I ever tried to transfer it past Gen IV because I never found a good set for that Jirachi. I can try if you wish, I probably still have a clone of it lying in my old computer.

I still need the clones but I need to get Moltres first. I'll give Moltres a last try this weekend; regardless of how it goes I'll let you know next week. Thanks!
Max. Optimizer
Max. Optimizer
Sweet, thanks for the fast reply.

Eh, you can test it if you want, but don't feel forced to. I was just curious since I might be interested to get a Jirachi with a customized nickname as well at some point. I wanted to make sure however which Jirachi's work and if the games allow it. It'd be a waste if I couldn't take it with to the upcoming Sun&Moon games.

Also sure thing, I just wanted to make sure I recalled it correctly and that I didn't miss out on anything in the meantime. I haven't forgotten it!

Best greetings.
Luxpluff91
Luxpluff91
No problem at all. Actually, I just checked and I did transfer that Jirachi you mentioned to Gen VI, it's currently in my Alpha Sapphire. So I can confirm that it can actually be transfered at least to Gen VI.

Best regards :)