Smogon Forums

Skymin_Flower
It's just a better version of Eppie's anyway, that was the whole point. If his wasn't already fully redis I wouldn't do it. What do you mean about the Clefairy o.O I think I typed the right IVs.
Thomaz
Maybe so, but you just made any other Adamant Mew out there completely worthless. =/ I suppose mine still has a little niche because of Fake Out. Anyway, your thread mentions 31/26/31/31/31/31 Calm (but I'm guessing that's just method 1). I can't remember wether that spread also exists for method H1, but it probably does. =P
Skymin_Flower
Ahhh I see where you are coming from. The reason is because it's Method 1 Clefairy from the Game Corner.
Thomaz
Oh rofl. Right. Didn't think of that. =P
Skymin_Flower
How is your Colo / XD RNG going?
Thomaz
I haven't done much yet. I've been focussing on gen 4 RNG lately. Right now, I'm trying to Poke Radar a shiny Adamant Tyrogue. It's pretty darn difficult. My shiny patch frame is at 251, but my IV frame is at 2331 lol. I used the emulator to find the first few steps in getting a Tyrogue (since the Poke Radar exclusive patch wouldn't appear), but the frames are a little off, probably because of the 128 steps rule (and hitting your delay is always annoying).
Thomaz
I will probably try XD RNG soon though. I did try TID/SID abuse a while back for Colo, but it's incredibly difficult.
Skymin_Flower
Poke Radar sounds too hard for me! After doing 3rd gen for so long I forgot about the frame advancement in 4th gen, I was like "oh 2331 not bad at all" and then I remembered... :P

Yea XD and Colo, both have their problems. Colosseum is straightforward if you don't care about shininess. XD is annoying because of the set nature rule and the Pokemon that don't come out first are such a pain to catch >_> but at least you don't have to worry about trying to get a good shiny spread lol.
Thomaz
Yeah, man, it's dumb. I have a lot of issues hitting my delay in general (always -1 or +1 lol). I was able to RNG a Jolly shiny Tyrogue on emulator, but since Adamant was out of the question, I have to do it on retail.

Have you tried Colo or XD? Aside from TID/SID abuse, I haven't done much, but it shouldn't be too had considering you have savestates, right?
Skymin_Flower
What made Adamant out of the question?

I didn't bother to do TID / SID for now, I figured I would just try to get some good spreads. Kaphotics had a good video on getting a flawless Togepi. For Pokemon that are sent out as the trainer's first Pokemon, it is much the same as Gen 3 RNG, which are both made infinitely easier by save states and emulators. The problems come when you want a Pokemon that isn't sent out first :P
Thomaz
Well, in order to get a shiny patch of grass with a chain of 1, you need to check the possible spreads with your TID/SID and take the Seed, put it in Researcher, then manually check the 16BitHigh part of the Seed. If it's between 0000 and 0008, it's possible to get a shiny patch after catching the first Pokemon. My emulator had plenty of Seeds for an Adamant 31/31/31/(31)/31/31 spread, but none of them had a match (I even had the delay and IV frame at very high) or they did have a match, but the shiny patch frame was higher than the IV frame which made it impossible lol. My retail TID/SID did have a couple of matches, but with the frames I mentioned.

Ah yeah, I'll grab a Togepi as well eventually. Even without STAB, Eviolite Togetic with Serene Grace Tri Attack is great.