Smogon Forums

Widdly_Scuds
Widdly_Scuds
Thanks! My biggest question is about cloning. I noticed there are certain ways to copy slots 1-6 of Box 1, is that preferable to the save restore + pokebank method?
rufus drumknott
rufus drumknott
Some people don't like the codes, I think it's because there are a lot of codes and nearly all of them have illegitimate uses so they see Pokemon cloned using the code as being illegitimate as well. That's why people use the Pokebank method, but the cloning codes are just a lot faster. The only time it wouldn't be faster is when you want to clone a lot of Pokemon at a time, but even then there's the 'clone box 1 to box 2' code. It's all personal preference.
Widdly_Scuds
Widdly_Scuds
Is KeySAV the best method for all TSV related things?
rufus drumknott
rufus drumknott
If you mean as opposed to KeyBV, yes. KeySAV2 doesn't need a partner to help you and you can check as many eggs as you want at once. There's even a customising feature for you to decide what the output looks like, although I find it gets a bit buggy when you try to make it include moves.
Widdly_Scuds
Widdly_Scuds
I've just done a backup, and I want put the .sav file into the keySAV folder, but I can't seem to find it. Do powersaves store .sav files in some random folder on the computer? (Sorry in advance if any of these questions sound dumb.)