Smogon Forums

EnGarde
EnGarde
Great ways to rebuild trust would be to make quality contributions to threads in the battle spot forum, and to help people in the SQ/SR thread. Make sure you read the thread before posting, and understand where the discussion has been and where it is going before making a post. Also, don't post unsubstantiated opinions. Make sure you qualify your arguments with solid reasoning.

If you're willing to do this, then I'll be willing to distribute battle spot pokemon to you.
YO FACE!!!!!!
YO FACE!!!!!!
Well, I've already been trying at this. See the post below by Trev. Btw, can you tell me what unsubstantiated opinions I made? I don't remember making any, but I want to know what others think are unsubstantiated.
EnGarde
EnGarde
"Really. Saw a deoxys in the battle spot use contrary psycho boost. (Stopped cold by sucker punch.) "
YO FACE!!!!!!
YO FACE!!!!!!
That's not an opinion, that's a fact. My Bisharp killed him with Sucker Punch!
YO FACE!!!!!!
YO FACE!!!!!!
Should I have said: He was stopped cold by sucker punch?
EnGarde
EnGarde
But not on battle spot. There is a difference between regular wifi battles and battle spot, as Age of Kings addressed earlier.

Another thing that bothered me: you spammed the hack check thread in wifi, and then came to the battle spot forum to ask further about hack checks, and that made me really nervous about your intentions.

From what I've seen around the forum, you haven't returned GangGreen's pokemon from cloning yet.

All together, it made me really nervous about offering pokemon to you.
EnGarde
EnGarde
Just, pay it forward, you know? Do good things and help other people around the forum, and people are more likely to be willing to help you.

Be willing to help make the community better, even if it means a bit of work, be that reading the context of a thread so you know what the discussion is, or knowing when not to post and listen to what other people are saying because you aren't sure or don't know.
YO FACE!!!!!!
YO FACE!!!!!!
I've returned 2 of his pokemon, 1 of them I had trouble cloning. i don't intentionally spam. The unnecessary posts on the hack check thread were kind of instinctive reaction posts, and to be fair, I did tell him to put things in PM. But point taken,
I see what you mean. I do try to help people I trust. You see, I respect people i trust, but I can't build trust without trust. I rely on faces for trust. See, I do everythign I can to help my friend Panda Monium, on this site because he goes to my middle school. I build trust in him. I think that's what's really missing. but of course, I'll try to read things and not spam.
YO FACE!!!!!!
YO FACE!!!!!!
The cloning issue with GangGreen, that's mainly because I sometimes have unexpected things in my schedule, being in middle school.(I'm actually not allowed on this site at age 11, apparently) I'm trying to clear that up, but I don't think I should do clone service again until I get a powersave.
EnGarde
EnGarde
I respect this, and I understand that I don't have all the information on your interactions with GangGreen. It is very mature to recognize your limitations with cloning, and a step in the right direction, IMO. It is also very good that you have helped your friend from middle school.
EnGarde
EnGarde
There is no face-to-face interaction on the internet, and if you're the age I assume you are, then there should never be face-to-face interaction, because you are young and sometimes people have bad intentions. Stay safe first and foremost, and don't share your personal information with anyone.
EnGarde
EnGarde
So, how does one communicate effectively in a forum without face-to-face interaction? By being polite and courteous, and not instinctively posting when it isn't appropriate. Every word you type is precious, because that's the only thing others have to get to know you by, so when you squander them and post without thinking about how they appear to others, you show that person disrespect. When you accidentally break the rules by posting about off-topic things, you show the community disrespect, because it tells us that you didn't care about us, and only want to do things your way without thinking about everyone else.
EnGarde
EnGarde
I take a bit of time to think about my posts before I write them, which is why my posts often come slowly. I understand that you want to help and be a part of this community, which is why you're willing to listen now. I really appreciate this. If you take the way you're behaving now and apply it to other interactions you have in the forum, I think you'll find people will be more willing to help you, or work with you.
EnGarde
EnGarde
If you're willing to help others, even though there's no immediate tangible benefit, this is still a public forum, and everyone can see what you're doing, and they'll think of you in a more positive light.
EnGarde
EnGarde
While you think about this, I must admit it's really late here, and I must sign off. I'd be more than willing to continue this discussion tomorrow. Leave a post here with further thoughts and questions, and I'll get an alert in the morning to come and read it. Good night!
YO FACE!!!!!!
YO FACE!!!!!!
Which time zone are you?(And can you move this to PM? My eyes really hurt looking at the small writing here for such large posts.)
EnGarde
EnGarde
Okay, one more post before I go to bed. I ask you to think about this, and answer to the best of your ability. I want to continue talking to you, and as I've said, I really want to see you successful here. :)

So:

Why do you think I am giving away pokemon on my trade thread? What do you think I'm getting out of it?