Smogon Forums

Magnemite
Magnemite
Cloyster awful. It can't set up against anything at all, the defense drops make it easy to revenge kill, it's weak to priority, it can't beat common Steel-types, it's SR weak, it's slow after a Shell Smash, it's easily beaten by common Pokemon such as Aegislash and Talonflame, it has a horrid typing and pathetic special bulk, I could go on and on.
trc
eh, cloyster can survive a talon bb from full health and ohko with rock blast, talon also doesnt like switching in for this reason
Magnemite
Magnemite
Yeah, from full health, which Cloyster will rarely be at because it's so frail and hazard weak. Also, you'll never be sending talon directly in against it, that's not the point. The main point is that Cloyster really can't set up on anything good. Even stuff like Landorus-I, which you'd think would be setup fodder against it, can OHKO it with Earth Power. It's just not a good Pokemon in this metagame at all.
trc
i see where you're coming from, but you have to understand that cloyster will never be setting up on special attackers, only physical ones. say, like cb dnite locked into espeed.