Hiphiphooray
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• You seem to be an avid baton pass user. While it isn't OU viable and is very situational, I haven't gotten to test out Musharna on a baton pass team because I've had great difficulty finding one. Would you care to assist me in this endeavor?
    X/Y Baton Pass Team has been finalized. There is no in-depth analysis written yet, but you can find it in my upcoming Smogon Article.
    I posted this on your topic but for some reason it got deleted so I'm not sure if you saw it but what about trying Blaziken as a Speed Boost Baton Passer? Since males can pass down hidden abilities I'm sure that SB + BP is legal. Sorry if this isn't helpful.
    Hiphiphooray
    Hiphiphooray
    I would think Blaziken will be Uber again. I haven't really considered it much for that reason. Currently, for X&Y I am using Scoilipede, as it can learn Iron Defense.
    Out of curiosity, have you ever had a battle with your BP teams where you dry passed turn one?
    Hiphiphooray
    Hiphiphooray
    Turn one? No I don't think so. I normally always Substitute on the first turn if they are likely to setup Hazards or use a setup move. If they are a choiced attacker or something I know can't setup, I will just protect, sub, protect.
    Hiphiphooray
    Hiphiphooray
    If you are wondering when I dry pass its normally when the opposing player has a Prankster user and hasn't sent him in yet, or if I just managed to get a boost off an have a feeling the enemy is going to switch out to try to counter me. Dry Passing and Hard Switching are not very common in games, and mainly occurs when the opponent has a Sableye that they aren't leading with.
    Hey....remember me? I want to thank you for teaching me how to play Baton Pass. I have used your team a lot and have even gotten voting requirements with your team, and I have tried a lot of your suggested changes to the team. Anyway, I want to leave this here: http://pastebin.com/QSUChaYW

Those are the changes that I made to your team. The speed EVs on Vaporeon and Scizor allow them to outspeed Choice Scarf Latios at +4 speed. Smeargle was added to put an end to those annoying Choice Specs users. It also takes a lot of pressure off Espeon, who needs to handle whirlwind users, by making your team unphazable if you are able to catch the opponent's phazer switching in on a dry-pass. I have come to accept that I will be unable to beat Sableye, which is why I just forfeit if I see it in team preview. Roar+Encore ensures that no set-up sweeper will be able to beat you.

I am posting this here because I am (probably) not allowed to bump your RMT.
    Hello,

Do you happen to have and replays of your baton pass team? I would love to see them.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…