Metagame National Dex Metagame Discussion

Anywho do y’all think iron crown needs a suspect test?
nah, it's a fine mon, great typing, great stabs, great signature move, can wall lele like crazy, but has good counterplay, it's a bit hindered by the fact that its weak to common moves like eq and knock, while also having to rely on team members for recovery( if u running av)

Hey Kids! Have you ever got sick of Tapu Leles and Darkrais one shotting teams? Have you wished your oppenments Tapu Kokos would stop pivoting and create Quark Drive? Or maybe you just want to annoy your oppenent by using some random lower tier mon? Well there you go!

1707582415187.png

That One Accelerating Centipede:
Protect+Life Orb

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Protect
WHY SCOLIPEDE?:
Yes this guy right here. The greatest thing it ever had was getting speed boost from gamefreak...plus it's suprisingly good offensive movepool. It has this niche where using one protect it deletes the fastest offensive threats and break semi bulky variants of it. It could use it's speed boosts to finish off games. Here are some notable damage calculations.
252+ Atk Life Orb Scolipede X-Scissor vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 343-406 (122 - 144.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Scolipede Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Koko: 351-416 (102.3 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO (2 hit OHKO for reflect Kokos)
252+ Atk Life Orb Scolipede Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 398-468 (141.6 - 166.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Scolipede Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie-Mega: 239-283 (99.1 - 117.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Scolipede Earthquake vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Iron Crown: 260-307 (79 - 93.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Here is a team i made:
Scolipede Offense
Scolipede in this team takes care of common speedy threats and takes care of the Tapus that Keldeo and Meowscarada does not manage well. Which in return manages physical walls like Gliscor and Ferrothorn. Diancie-Mega also appreciates Scolipede threatening Greninjas and delete overconfident Heatrans. Tera Ground on Scolipede also gives it an extra push to parry electro shots and increase effective damage on archaludon and suprises Toxapexes. This team while somewhat lacking in dedicated defensive mons, has enough sustainability thanks to Glowking and Zapdos, both which compliment their flaws quite effectively.

Anti Lead...Lead
Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Tera Type: Water
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
This is designed to go all out after using spikes after using attacks,Bug STAB is replaced with aqua tail in favor of hoping to punish ground types that otherwise wall it's attacks. This is leaning more towards HO instead of offense due to lack of pivoting moves. However, gives you more reasons to lead with it in case you don't want your attacks to go to waste.

Swords Dance
Scolipede @ Waterium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
This with Swords Dance would hit like a truck, focus sash is optional as feel free to replace it with Focus sash, Waterium-Z to delete wannabe walls. Great against Bulkier teams that otherwise only have 1-2 fast threats.

Hey Kids! Have you ever got sick of Tapu Leles and Darkrais one shotting teams? Have you wished your oppenments Tapu Kokos would stop pivoting and create Quark Drive? Or maybe you just want to annoy your oppenent by using some random lower tier mon? Well there you go!

View attachment 603215
Protect+Life Orb

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Protect
WHY SCOLIPEDE?:
Yes this guy right here. The greatest thing it ever had was getting speed boost from gamefreak...plus it's suprisingly good offensive movepool. It has this niche where using one protect it deletes the fastest offensive threats and break semi bulky variants of it. It could use it's speed boosts to finish off games. Here are some notable damage calculations.
252+ Atk Life Orb Scolipede X-Scissor vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 343-406 (122 - 144.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Scolipede Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Koko: 351-416 (102.3 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO (2 hit OHKO for reflect Kokos)
252+ Atk Life Orb Scolipede Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 398-468 (141.6 - 166.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Scolipede Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie-Mega: 239-283 (99.1 - 117.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Scolipede Earthquake vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Iron Crown: 260-307 (79 - 93.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Here is a team i made:
Scolipede Offense
Scolipede in this team takes care of common speedy threats and takes care of the Tapus that Keldeo and Meowscarada does not manage well. Which in return manages physical walls like Gliscor and Ferrothorn. Diancie-Mega also appreciates Scolipede threatening Greninjas and delete overconfident Heatrans. Tera Ground on Scolipede also gives it an extra push to parry electro shots and increase effective damage on archaludon and suprises Toxapexes. This team while somewhat lacking in dedicated defensive mons, has enough sustainability thanks to Glowking and Zapdos, both which compliment their flaws quite effectively.

Anti Lead...Lead
Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
This is designed to go all out after using spikes after using attacks,Bug STAB is replaced with aqua tail in favor of hoping to punish ground types that otherwise wall it's attacks. This is leaning more towards HO instead of offense due to lack of pivoting moves. However, gives you more reasons to lead with it in case you don't want your attacks to go to waste.

Swords Dance
Scolipede @ Waterium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
This with Swords Dance would hit like a truck, focus sash is optional as feel free to replace it with Focus sash, Waterium-Z to delete wannabe walls. Great against Bulkier teams that otherwise only have 1-2 fast threats.
Man, i have tried making this guy work a lot of times this gen.Trust me, not worth it.If u run lo, u get easily worn down by defensive mons, common mons like gliscor and ferro wall ur lo set.The SD set can surprise something like Moltres or Gliscor with the waterium z i guess?Even then, very gimmicky and ur most likely gonna get killed before u can get the chance to snowball.The lead set tho, i can see it somewhat working,but if u want a lead setter, u have stuff like glimmora,who can set up both spikes and stealth rocks, while also being able to deal some nice damage to the other leads, has memento, can cripple other mons with the guaranteed mortal spin poison.Not telling you to stop using it, it's just that it's not really worth it if u wanna build a serious team.I have tried a lot of random mons, who on paper seemed exciting and who would be able to pull off some silly stuff, but in 90% of the cases, it just falls flat on its face and brings the team down.

View attachment 603215
Protect+Life Orb

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Protect
WHY SCOLIPEDE?:

Here is a team i made:
Scolipede Offense

Anti Lead...Lead
Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake

Swords Dance
Scolipede @ Waterium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
Ngl, this feels like a post more suited for National Dex Heat. (Any cooking you guys have planed, you should post it over there.)

Man, i have tried making this guy work a lot of times this gen.Trust me, not worth it.If u run lo, u get easily worn down by defensive mons, common mons like gliscor and ferro wall ur lo set.The SD set can surprise something like Moltres or Gliscor with the waterium z i guess?Even then, very gimmicky and ur most likely gonna get killed before u can get the chance to snowball.The lead set tho, i can see it somewhat working,but if u want a lead setter, u have stuff like glimmora,who can set up both spikes and stealth rocks, while also being able to deal some nice damage to the other leads, has memento, can cripple other mons with the guaranteed mortal spin poison.Not telling you to stop using it, it's just that it's not really worth it if u wanna build a serious team.I have tried a lot of random mons, who on paper seemed exciting and who would be able to pull off some silly stuff, but in 90% of the cases, it just falls flat on its face and brings the team down.
My issue with Scolipede ain't on something like stats, sure 100 atk isn't amazing anymore, but with 112 speed and Speed Boost, it can easily afford an Adamant nature to offset the Atk stat. The real issue with Scolipede it's that horrible STAB combination. Any halfway decent Steel type would easily cause trouble. Not to mention it isnt super bulky either, so not only it can't deal proper damage, it can't stick around for long enough to potentially grab a couple of SD's and sweep.

So we have all decided to unleash Roaring Moon onto this tier. This thing could certainly be broken, but if we are testing we might as well see how it does. After all, we thought Darkrai would be the end of times and look where we are.

So far, it seems like a great sun addition. Fast, strong and it has relatively good coverage. My set has been life orb four attacks. Knock Off, U Turn, Outrage and Iron Head. Could slot in Earthquake as a replacement but I'm reasonably happy. A great partner to raging bolt as the two combined can add a lot of offensive presence.

:roaring_moon:
a lot of ppl on ladder i already know is just gonna use sun or yard offense. its amazing on that, and can run multiple moveslots. dd z sets, dd sets w/ taunt, i saw xurkiyee use sub too; genius. this beast has 139/119 atk/spe and imo it doesnt belong here. its just... way too strong, and w/ taunt even passive mons can do anything about it, and the non-passive ones get outsped and killed. simply knock/acro tera fly is already busted, so it can also fit sub/taunt which rlly helps against passive things like alo, pex and non bp bozo. it also eases the mu against stall tremendously.
sure, maybe its typing kinda holds it behind but some nerd at gf thought it would be massive funny to give it iron head and acro, so you cant even check it w/ iron valiant, etc

personally i wanted to go a bit more creative w/ my set so im running dark z w/ iron head on yard, with lele support to somewhat counter fightings like zama.

taunt > into this
+1 252 Atk Protosynthesis Roaring Moon Black Hole Eclipse (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 444-523 (83.1 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:alomomola: is crying

genuinely, i think roaring moon is too strong for ndou altho its rlly fun to play, as i wasnt here during the beginning of svou(and therefore have never played w/ it).

Last edited:
My issue with Scolipede ain't on something like stats, sure 100 atk isn't amazing anymore, but with 112 speed and Speed Boost, it can easily afford an Adamant nature to offset the Atk stat. The real issue with Scolipede it's that horrible STAB combination. Any halfway decent Steel type would easily cause trouble. Not to mention it isnt super bulky either, so not only it can't deal proper damage, it can't stick around for long enough to potentially grab a couple of SD's and sweep.
yup, if u wanna use a speed boost sweeper, u got :sv/blaziken: which isn't even that amazing anymore

Finally, Roaring Moon is being suspected. So, I believe we should begin brainstorming potential ways to fend it off. Here's my proposal:

:Dondozo:
Thanks to the Unaware ability, Water's lack of weaknesses, and the access to Curse, Donbozo has become a fairly formidable wall that can threaten a reverse sweep if it can't be broken fast enough, and this is certainly the case even against the Crescent Moon Beast. A Tera type of Fairy allows it to resist its Dark STAB and become immune to its Dragon, and as mentioned before, Unaware will keep the boosts Moon attains from Dragon Dance from cutting right through, and Curse allows it to outlast and even KO Roaring Moon before it can attack its teammates.

Last edited:

about15guys

enchanted love
is a Pre-Contributor
Finally, Roaring Moon is being suspected. So, I believe we should begin brainstorming potential ways to fend it off. Here's my proposal:

Thanks to the Unaware ability, Water's lack of weaknesses, and the access to Curse, Donbozo has become a fairly formidable wall that can threaten a reverse sweep if it can't be broken fast enough, and this is certainly the case even against the Crescent Moon Beast. A Tera type of Fairy allows it to resist its Dark STAB and become immune to its Dragon, and as mentioned before, Unaware will keep the boosts Moon attains from Protosynthesis and Dragon Dance from cutting right through, and Curse allows it to outlast and even KO Roaring Moon before it can attack its teammates.
If I'm remembering correctly, unaware doesn't affect protosynthesis or quark drive, since they aren't stat stage changes. Anyways, another great option is Ferrothorn, specifically Thunder Wave variants. With your immense natural bulk and great typing, you can pretty easily eat a koff or dragon move from Moon, and getting a para off will drastically decrease its sweeping potential. Landorus-Therian is also an alright stopgap for Z variants, as Z move variants are forced into taking a u turn, dealing immense damage or outright koing. Tera Flying Acro on the other hand will most likely just Tera and continue to set up, so use it at your own risk.

Ineros

Mirror Mirror, who is staring back at me?
is a Pre-Contributor

Thanks to the Unaware ability, Water's lack of weaknesses, and the access to Curse, Donbozo has become a fairly formidable wall that can threaten a reverse sweep if it can't be broken fast enough, and this is certainly the case even against the Crescent Moon Beast. A Tera type of Fairy allows it to resist its Dark STAB and become immune to its Dragon, and as mentioned before, Unaware will keep the boosts Moon attains from Protosynthesis and Dragon Dance from cutting right through, and Curse allows it to outlast and even KO Roaring Moon before it can attack its teammates.
OOPSIE the roaring moon just taunts you and bam you win the matchup!

anyway let me just say that although moon should’ve gotten another chance at a suspect because of a programming mistake, it’s NOT healthy for this tier whatsoever. Taunt dd sets are the most problematic in my opinion, being able to shut down haze attempts from pex and recovery/setup from mons like Garg, ferro (because of leech), and mola. With 1 dd it’s faster than boosted ival which is nothing to scoff at and can 50/50 boulder with Tera flying as well as hit stupidly hard with proto +1 Tera fly no drawback acros. Did I also mention that it has access to knock off of all moves, which allows it to cripple even Pokémon that can even somewhat check it like clef and Mola, severely limiting their usefulness? Yeah this mon is dumb. There are also other options like dd + 3a with eq to hit Mtar and raging bolt, and a band set that has basically no safe switchins whatsoever with a Proto boost which is easily activated by yard’s sun or even sun from Torkoal if you decide to play full sun, plus any would be checks like Mola, Lando, and Zama do not like being knocked and then being put into the range of the dragon move you are probably running on band (ignore this comment if it isn’t true, I just think you’d run a dragon move on band prob). Z sets on sun just nuke everything as well; there’s no safe check to it because everything just dies to it with how powerful z moves are + moon’s absurd attack after proto and dd boosts.

All and all, this mon is super unhealthy for this tier and with how hard it is to consistently check it shouldn’t be freed whatsoever. That will be all I have to say on moon for its suspect; I’m out with a Yang!

If I'm remembering correctly, unaware doesn't affect protosynthesis or quark drive, since they aren't stat stage changes. Anyways, another great option is Ferrothorn, specifically Thunder Wave variants. With your immense natural bulk and great typing, you can pretty easily eat a koff or dragon move from Moon, and getting a para off will drastically decrease its sweeping potential. Landorus-Therian is also an alright stopgap for Z variants, as Z move variants are forced into taking a u turn, dealing immense damage or outright koing. Tera Flying Acro on the other hand will most likely just Tera and continue to set up, so use it at your own risk.
I edited it to fix it. Thanks for letting me know :)

Oculars

REVERSE SHAMONE
is a Tiering Contributor
As a fellow scolipede enjoyer id like to offer some tips on how to use it in its niche viable cases, which in my opinion the main usage case is as an offensive 4x grass resist on rain builds
:sv/scolipede:
Scolipede @ Waterium Z
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake / Superpower
- Aqua Tail

One of the biggest threats to common rain builds is :rillaboom:, especially the tera grass banded variation that is one tera grass wood hammer prediction away from removing common 2x resists such as :zapdos: and :tornadus-therian:. A lot of 4x grass resists such as :heatran: :volcarona: :moltres::charizard-mega-y: :dragonite: :charizard-mega-x: :gouging fire: are all very hard to slot on rain and usually lack synergy with the team. The most common 4x to fit is :ferrothorn:but that can easily get overwhelmed by repeated banded uturns and hazard chip or sd + superpower from rilla.:archaludon: has picked up in usage recently but this is commonly a mon rain needs to trade off to generate offense and wont be around forever to check grasses :Scolipede: offers a 2nd 4x grass resist without any type or coverage overlap and a way to punish a rilla locked into glide on rain by setting up and outspeeding a large majority of the +1 metagame and can take on many things that can outspeed it after one boost such as +1 :iron-valiant: where it resists both stabs on a booster set or +1 :iron-boulder:which can be 100% ohko'd by rain booster aqua tail on the switch in, if it doesnt come in immediately you just outspeed at +2 and ohko.

Waterium Z allows you to nuke a lot of defensive grounds and steels that would cause problems for a poison typed attacker (full pdef :landorus-therian: dies to +1 aqua tail + rocks anyways) full pdef tank :garchomp: is ohkod by +2 rain boosted waterium, pdef :scizor-mega:(252/112+def) is also guarantee ohkod by +2 waterium in rain + rocks. Defense booster :great-tusk: is ohko'd by +2 waterium in rain, :Zapdos: dies to +2 Z in rain as well and if you slot superpower over earthquake you can ohko 252/44+def :ferrothorn: with rocks at +2 greatly opening up options for stuff like :swampert-mega: and :barraskewda: / :floatzel: to wreck teams.

Off of rain teams I dont think this mon has much viability. and even on them its extremely niche but definitely an option you can consider when trying to avoid bringing a same 6 rain team. Recently rain builds have been getting more experimental due to the inclusion of archaludon shaking up traditional :pelipper: :swampert-mega: :ferrothorn: :manaphy: :Barraskewda: / :floatzel: and :tornadus-therian: / :zapdos:structures that have stagnated since the start of the gen.

People have been trying out stuff such as eject button :iron-treads:and :raging-bolt:with thunder + weather ball due to inspiration coming from current gen SVOU teams and :Scolipede: can be another tool in the locker for designing this new wave of experimental rains.

TL:DR this mon is extremely niche but mess around with it on rain and see what works.

Last edited:

Thanks to the Unaware ability, Water's lack of weaknesses, and the access to Curse, Donbozo has become a fairly formidable wall that can threaten a reverse sweep if it can't be broken fast enough, and this is certainly the case even against the Crescent Moon Beast. A Tera type of Fairy allows it to resist its Dark STAB and become immune to its Dragon, and as mentioned before, Unaware will keep the boosts Moon attains from Dragon Dance from cutting right through, and Curse allows it to outlast and even KO Roaring Moon before it can attack its teammates.
Taunt.The best Roaring Moon set is DD/Taunt.
:sv/roaring-moon:
Fear Ripper (Roaring Moon) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- Taunt
You taunt the dozo and oop,it can't do nothing to you no more, it also has the proto boost in atk which unaware cant ignore

dude we need the :tapu-lele: check (also roaring moon can almost ohko lele with +1 attack proto boosted knock off lol)

View attachment 603215
Protect+Life Orb

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Protect
WHY SCOLIPEDE?:

Here is a team i made:
Scolipede Offense

Anti Lead...Lead
Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake

Swords Dance
Scolipede @ Waterium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
:life-orb: AND taking hazard damage makes it seem like this wont last very long, especially since bug+poison is horrible typing. I don't get how this thing would break through bulkier teams when I'm not even sure if it can break through :alomomola:. Megahorn on the Z-Move set is also really unreliable. Also, just a suggestion, Endeavor could be cool on the lead set, especially since you outspeed everything with speed boost to begin with. Probably better than Aqua Tail.

Absolutely not, but not because Iron Crown isn't a dumb Pokemon. I don't think necessarily it pushes quite over the edge into Uber even with this but the only thing it has that's truly game-endingly strong is Stored Power.
Stored Power just ruins the game and forces you to either answer offensive threats with even more offensive threats or to slap Tera Dark onto something bulky just to manage. We even had an entire ostrich chicken thing with untiered level stats get banned purely because of Stored Power being the dumbest move of all time. I really don't see what it even adds to the game especially given Unaware mons already have trouble keeping up as is. It's not like if special offense had to blow through Clodsire or SpDef Skeledirge or something without using Stored Power it would just be entirely unable to. It just means they can do it without needing to predict around it.
If Iron Crown were banworthy, it would just be proof Stored Power is banworthy imo.

Although on that note it is really funny to me that nobody seems to even know there's a physical Dark version in Power Trip that exists and I'm wondering how Gamefreak gave one move to so many and the other to so few lmao

Kyo

In Limbo
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
National Dex Leader
As a fellow scolipede enjoyer id like to offer some tips on how to use it in its niche viable cases, which in my opinion the main usage case is as an offensive 4x grass resist on rain builds
:sv/scolipede:
Scolipede @ Waterium Z
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake / Superpower
- Aqua Tail

*snip*

I wouldn't even call this mon that niche. It was genuinely good in SS NatDex and still pretty solid. Been using it for a while and it definitely puts in work. I think it's a little worse now because your sweeps tend to get stopped by random teras but burning tera in exchange for this is pretty big

Yeah wanna mention that Scolipede is just a very satisfying win condition. My favorite set has been Protect, three attacks. Life Orb is nasty and you can afford adamant nature. It's just a potent sweeper that deserves this extra attention.

I knew suspecting :roaring_moon: would ruin ladder for a couple weeks but I hopped on again the last few days to see for myself and I'm honestly shocked. For as bad as I thought Roaring Moon would be for the metagame, it has somehow proven itself to be even worse.
+1 252 Atk Protosynthesis Roaring Moon Black Hole Eclipse (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 444-523 (83.1 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
No. No. And definitely not. This kind of calc belongs in Ubers.

252 Atk Dark Aura Yveltal Black Hole Eclipse (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 291-343 (54.4 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It hits 1.53x as hard as Yveltal. It's faster than Iron Valiant.

Oh. And taunt lets it blow past anything that has the utterly delusional idea of trying to counter it.

Roaring Moon doesn't have to go home, but it sure as hell can't stay here. Between its crushing offenses, its movepool, its access to Taunt, and its natural bulk, this is an Ubers mon. And before you come crying about how it's actually bad in Ubers, remember. Ubers is a banlist. So let's all do right by each other and right by the tier when this vote comes around, and send :roaring_moon: back to the shadows from whence it came.

What's up natdex, I'm gonna try to be more active here. First order of business is making AV Tangrowth fun and also good.

I want to run it with two other Regenerator mons in order to form a ridiculous triple regen core. It certainly has the established utility of being able to shut down certain metagame threats like Ogerpon, as well as chipping down stuff like Koko and Bolt with Earthquake, slamming Gliscor/Landorus with HP Ice and switching out right away, reducing utility on the opponent's team with Knock off, bashing Great Tusk and more with Giga Drain. While it can't fit on every team, it certainly is good enough to be used more than it is.

More (higher quality) posts to come I hope

I want to be good so bad

What's up natdex, I'm gonna try to be more active here. First order of business is making AV Tangrowth fun and also good.

I want to run it with two other Regenerator mons in order to form a ridiculous triple regen core. It certainly has the established utility of being able to shut down certain metagame threats like Ogerpon, as well as chipping down stuff like Koko and Bolt with Earthquake, slamming Gliscor/Landorus with HP Ice and switching out right away, reducing utility on the opponent's team with Knock off, bashing Great Tusk and more with Giga Drain. While it can't fit on every team, it certainly is good enough to be used more than it is.

I want to be good so bad
I am running a quad regen core right now but AV Tangrowth sounds disgusting and I might try it later. Alomomola is an excellent Regenerator user with Wish, Flip Turn, Scald, Toxic, Knock Off, and more to get the most out of its bulk and ability. Slowking-Galar has Toxic Spikes which is amazing on defensive teams and Chilly Reception to shut down weather.

Whatever route you go with your regen mons, I'm super interested to hear what you do with Tangrowth and how it works!

I want to be good so bad
:tangrowth::tangrowth:
actually gonna try and build it myself, sounds cool

252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth in Psychic Terrain: 138-163 (34.1 - 40.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tangrowth in Grassy Terrain: 77-91 (19 - 22.5%) -- possible 6HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

acts as a check to these, and can knock freely
also, i think hp fire might be more useful than hp ice in some situations because vs lando and glisc, lando and glisc takes ~60 and then just u-turn/toxic. afterward they realize you carry that move and switch. on the other hand, msciz will have a hard time setting up and ferro will have a hard time setting hazards

0 SpA Tangrowth Hidden Power Fire vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Scizor-Mega: 188-224 (60.4 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Tangrowth Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 212 SpD Ferrothorn: 140-168 (39.7 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

the regenerator core sounds nasty!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 6)