Smogon Premier League XV - Commencement Thread

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
The Power Rankings for SPL XV are up!

Huge thank you to Finchinator for all of his help guiding me through the process, to Lumari and Quite Quiet for being super on top of things and getting it up efficiently, to Kalalokki Zracknel ken red fintans DC P Squared Tea Guzzler for help with graphics and GP, and to fade Finchinator again Slowpoke Fan Skypenguin MANNAT Monai johnnyg2 (twice because he wrote two gens) Vileman Siatam and teal6 for all of their writing contributions!

I hope everyone enjoys the article and has a wonderful SPL season, good luck to all participants!

sharpclaw

is a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
Random Battle Lead
A little birdie told me the SPL XV CAs have been uploaded and distributed, so let's kick off a little parade, shall we?

I had the pleasure of working with the Tigers, Classiest, and Bigs this year—thanks to z0mOG, Genesis7, d0nut, Luthier, Vulpix03, and DeepBlueC for being such great collaborators.

Circus Maximus Tigers
SPLXV_Tigers_F.png
SPLXV_Tigers_M.png

All edits by me!

Congregation of the Classiest
SPLXV_Classiest_F.png
SPLXV_Classiest_M.png

Aroma Lady originally by kyledove, edits & recolor by me
M-Gardevoir recolor by me, edits by me & Brumirage
Steven by Brumirage, recolor by me

Ever Grande BIGs
SPLXV_Bigs_F.png
SPLXV_Bigs_M.png

All edits by me! This kimono-robed Snorlax is one of my fav sprites I've ever made ^^

As always, major kudos to my fellow spriters on the team: Brumirage, Clementine, deetah, and Irpachuza (and kyledove for always lending his expert eye)! Shoutout to our fearless leader/coordinator supreme, Kalalokki, and to the admins responsible for making sure the avatars got to the right people, Marty and Syrinix. Here's to a great tour!

Last edited:

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help with Team Avis for these major events!
This time I got to do nothing less than the defending champs flow:

Team Raiders
1705425170735.png
1705425173911.png

Both Marowak-A by me, based on Clementine's Marowak-A and GSC Marowak
Spenser edits and recolor by me
Sabrina-LGPE by kyledove, recolor and details by me

Thanks Raiza for bearing with me, hope the whole team enjoys them!
Once again, SO to the whole avi team for the support and help!

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
yooooo
custom avatars for SPL XV have been uploaded (shoutouts Marty) and here are the ones I worked on!

Dragonspiral Tyrants

I made both Tyrants avatars, using Tyrantrum sprites from the Pokemon Infinite Fusion forums
The Tyrantrum Sprite on the male avatar was made by bbutton27 (Virtuo on Smogon!), and the one on the female avatar was made by Fangtooth on Twitter!
The Lance-Masters sprite was made by kyledove

Wi-Fi Wolfpack

Both trainer sprites were made by kyledove and recolored by yours truly
The Lycanroc sprite was made by conyjams on DeviantArt
I added the glitching effect once the sprites were done, shoutouts star for the idea!

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
It's that time again! SPL XV avatars have been uploaded, big thanks to Marty. I would also like to thank sharpclaw, Clementine, Irpachuza, Brumirage, and kyledove for their work on each of the team's avatars. There's so much work that goes into making sure each team has a stylish avatar and their contributions are invaluable. With that, here are the avatars I worked on for this edition!

Alpha Ruiners
splxvruiners.png

This was a fun one to put together! I used kyledove's base youngster-gen6 sprite with recolors by me and put him atop Entei to give the Ruiners a fun dynamic sprite that looks ready to gallop into battle. I also recolored the shiny gen4 Entei sprite to better match their female avatar.

Cryonicles
splxvcryonicles.png
splxvcryonicles2.png

The Cryonicles opted for a stylish duo with some colorful bling! Used kyledove's richboy-gen6 and lady-gen6oras sprites, recolored them, and gave them each a fancy necklace. Suicune is also sporting a dripped out collar. Huge shoutout to both sharpclaw and kyledove for help and advice on the necklaces and collar.

Indie Scooters
splxvscooters.png
splxvscooters2.png

Mega Alakazam offers the challenge of limited space, so making sure everything fits neatly with it can be a challenge. Xrn put together the original male avatar with a recolor of the schoolkid sprite, and I completely overhauled it and improved the design. The Scooters' female avatar might be my favorite that I've worked on in this edition; I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I used kyledove's concordia sprite with some minor recoloring to the blouse and shoes, and I added an array of different Poke Balls into her basket. Luxury Balls, Great Balls, Ultra Balls, Master Balls, you name it, she's got em all. I also showcased Mega Alakazam's telekinetic powers by having it lift one of the Poke Balls.

Best of luck to all the teams!

Hey guys! What team should I cheer for? You guys have all got some real nice branding, but I really don’t know any players on the teams and wasn’t here last year, anyone got any reasons I should like you guys?

Also does anyone have any discords relating to SPL (Other than smogtours) to get more invested

Hey guys! What team should I cheer for? You guys have all got some real nice branding, but I really don’t know any players on the teams and wasn’t here last year, anyone got any reasons I should like you guys?

Also does anyone have any discords relating to SPL (Other than smogtours) to get more invested
Root for Syrinix, he's never won a game vs me

Lord_Enz (GMT +1) offered TDNT (GMT -3) to play between 6am-1pm GMT +1 on any day from Friday on. TDNT signaled to Lord_Enz that they cannot play at all during this window, and stated their availability as being between 5pm-4am GMT +1 on any day from Friday on. This is a clear situation of conflicting schedules due to varying timezones, leading to both players not being able to reach an agreement.
this is not a clear situation of conflicting schedules due to varying timezones. they are 4 hours apart. this is a clear situation of one player providing insufficient and unreasonable availability to get the game done. based on this decision, a player can be forced to play at 2am their time or face substitution while their availability is significantly more generous and reasonable than their opponent's.

i think it's inconsiderate to sign up for this tournament and make your opponents have to play against you at such an inconvenient time. if your availability is rigid and incompatible with a large portion of the site, the onus should be on you to try to better compromise your availability, substitute yourself out, or be substituted by tournament hosts if a playable time cannot be found.

we like to use the word "precedent" a lot on this site, and this certainly doesn't set a great one. this decision should be reverted and the scooters should have to provide a substitute. looks like it's still up in the air anyway, as despite the host posting an admin decision that a double sub will be enforced and the players must substitute out, they somehow were able to agree afterwards to play and are scheduled to play at 2am gmt-3.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
i think it's inconsiderate to sign up for this tournament and make your opponents have to play against you at such an inconvenient time. if your availability is rigid and incompatible with a large portion of the site, the onus should be on you to try to better compromise your availability, substitute yourself out, or be substituted by tournament hosts if a playable time cannot be found.
i mean this is not how anything works, night shifters / indians / oceanians are allowed to go on with their lives and if they can provide 7 hours three consecutive days but they don't line up with their opponents gg, i don't think that's lack of effort deserving of a sub out at all, just unfortunate life circumstances / schedule mismatches. this situation is literally what double subs are built for, does not get more textbook

Just let them play if they agreed LOL playing games is the entire point of having tournaments
with that said, this is clearly the ideal solution here and it would be disappointing to see any other outcome

☆Operation Scald: gg
☆I♥CATGIRLS: No
☆I♥CATGIRLS: You lost dumb fuck

fade can u elaborate on how you won?
Also I hope you apologized to my friend.
252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 246-290 (62.4 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Clefable Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 168-198 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Latias-Mega Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Diggersby: 214-254 (68.8 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Diggersby Quick Attack vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Latias-Mega: 95-113 (26 - 31%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Niko

is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 246-290 (62.4 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Clefable Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 168-198 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Latias-Mega Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Diggersby: 214-254 (68.8 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Diggersby Quick Attack vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Latias-Mega: 95-113 (26 - 31%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
He won indeed but not according to your calcs kek please don't calc shit when you don't know 1) the sets 2) how to play

Buhrito

is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion

1707102412800.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)