Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v4 [Volcarona Banned]

658Greninja

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
How do i even run a BO, Balance, or Offence team without either Great tusk or boots spam.
You could try either Hatt + Corv or Cinder

Or try Treads over Tusk since it has merit as a defensive check to Rbolt and Arch.

Hatt generally beats fatter spike teams while Cinder beats more offensively oriented ones.

I hope April fools is really funny this year like something like Lugia and Chi-Yu being OU for the day

Anyway, I wonder what is gonna drop to UU and rise to OU. I think we finally see Pex and Iron Crown drop to UU tomorrow and the return of treads in OU
This generation is not ready for April Fools.
And maybe SV already is one. :psycry:
There will be no April Fools this year. Instead we will get Palworld content on Showdown for real and absolutely not a prank.

Guys what if they made a move that consistently removes hazards and give it to viable pokemon like Zapdos/Landorus/Torn/Rotom/Latis. We could call it something like Befog idk. Do you think this would be broken lmk just theorymoning over here..
would be pretty dope. maybe give it a secondary side effect tho, cause if you're being pressure stalled you need at least SOME value outside of the main gimmick, like lowering the opponents evasiveness or something

would be pretty dope. maybe give it a secondary side effect tho, cause if you're being pressure stalled you need at least SOME value outside of the main gimmick, like lowering the opponents evasiveness or something
just have it do the exact defog effect on switch instead of constantly keeping hazards off. it being an ability means only gweezing can stop it

pfft, as if. what else is it gonna do, remove screens and terrain? what a preposterous idea

Guys what if they made a move that consistently removes hazards and give it to viable pokemon like Zapdos/Landorus/Torn/Rotom/Latis. We could call it something like Befog idk. Do you think this would be broken lmk just theorymoning over here..
What if said move also gave a Dragon Dance boost too? Call it Pixar’s Fidy Up and give it to good Pokemon like Furret.

I've only seen one pex in my reqs run and it was on stall, I can see Dnite and serp dropping as well.
Repent!! Dnite cannot drop!

I agree on Toxapex, he's just been lingering in the lower part for months already, let it go OU! As I mentioned before I think Skeledirge may drop too, was Amoongus OU last month? If so, that's dropping like a domino too.

Crossing fingers that Latias rises!

That's exactly the point, yeah. Not only is it not much easier, debatably it's not even easier at all! Like has been mentioned both in this thread and on twitter, most good players hit reqs well before 1800. Adding the ability to grind out reqs won't meaningfully change how many people are voting, but it might allow suspects to cast a wider net while also discouraging something that even many of the game's best acknowledge is a problem.

No, not two people meeting low-ladder (though it will help with that) -- players who can easily qualify throwing in the towel after 2 or 3 resets.
Honestly I think to a point it's about stress; For me, the worst part of a reqs run is knowing that, if I mess up or get a bad matchup or get crappy rng or whatnot, I probably should restart, which is just really demoralizing even if I'm only a few games in. If I lose when elo grinding, it's no big deal, because I can just load up another game and gain that elo back very quickly as long as I'm good enough to. It may actually let me play better, because I'm not super stressed and trying to over-read the opponent because there's less stakes, and as others have said, elo grinding takes skill too. If it wasn't already obvious, I am fully on board with this suggestion.

Last edited:
Repent!! Dnite cannot drop!

I agree on Toxapex, he's just been lingering in the lower part for months already, let it go OU! As I mentioned before I think Skeledirge may drop too, was Amoongus OU last month? If so, that's dropping like a domino too.

Crossing fingers that Latias rises!
Toxapex is going to be the DPP electivire of SV OU. I'm calling it here and now

Dragonite back in top 20 in usage. King stays winning!!

Ogerpon actually increased in usage, we love to see it. Pult & Gholdy still top 10.

Sadly we didn't get Latias again but well, we can't have it all.

why is excadrill STILL in OU?
what niche does it have over iron threads?(which also climbed to OU by the way).
is the swords dance REALLY that important?

iron threads can outrun it without running jolly nature, and due to the salamence theorem the fact that it does not need to spent a turn boosting its attack is pretty valuable, it can also pivot which is something that great tusk can't do.
in general iron threads has a much better movepool, why would anyone use excadrill over iron threads?

j0nathan

formerly trainer_j0nathan
what niche does it have over iron threads?(which also climbed to OU by the way).

iron threads can outrun it without running jolly nature, and due to the salamence theorem the fact that it does not need to spent a turn boosting its attack is pretty valuable, it can also pivot which is something that great tusk can't do.
in general iron threads has a much better movepool, why would anyone use excadrill over iron threads?
There is this Ability called Sand Rush.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader

Sand Rush and Mold Breaker

rock setter that (with mold breaker) can set them in front of hatterene without worry, comprises spin and rocks in one slot without being weak to fairy ala tusk, meaty earthquakes, and can just kinda clean on its own late game even if its rock utility due to rapid spin boosting its speed. and this is without even mentioning the sand rush shenanigans it and ttar do.

• a better damage output even outside of swords dance makes it a more effective hazard control option than treads on teams that need a breaker/sweeper/late-game cleaner more than they need a pivot
  • mold breaker lets it break through unaware walls and multiscale, hit through levitate (though this interaction rarely comes up nowadays), and set up rocks even if hatterene comes in
  • sand rush gives it sweeping potential
  • what the fuck is the salamence theorem