Tournament 1v1 Old Gens Premier League II - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Art by Swiffix
It's time for the second annual 1v1 OGPL, starting off with deciding team managers. Only post in this thread if you would like to sign up to manage a team, player signups will be released after managers have been chosen. Everyone is required to sign up if you wish to manage with no exceptions. You are allowed to sign up as a solo manager (i.e. you do not necessarily have to sign up with an assistant manager.) Managers will be chosen based on a number of factors, such as prior experience in team tour leadership, experience with the 1v1 metagame, and general good behavior on Smogon and PS!. The following format should be used:

PS! name:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details):
*Note: Creative and good team names are highly appreciated as they may be used as future franchises.

There will be a total of 6 teams. Playoffs will feature the top 3 seeds. The #1 seed gets a bye while the #2 and #3 seeds will fight in the semifinals.

The format is still being discussed and is negotiable, but the current proposal is as follows:
  • SS 1v1 Bo7
  • SS 1v1
  • SM 1v1 Bo7
  • SM 1v1
  • ORAS 1v1
  • BW 1v1
  • DPP 1v1
  • ADV 1v1

Manager signups will close February 4th. The hosts (Heika and Itchy) will announce the selected managers and open player signups shortly afterwards.

Last edited:

bern

professional 1v1 fraud
is a Social Media Contributor
PS! name: bern
Assistant Manager: Marshme1to
Team Name: Benched Bellibolts
Why would you be a good manager?: cuz i promised bea to. jokes aside i believe i have enough experience to manage a team, i've done so before in 1v1WC7, and for my first managing experience i did quite well i'd say. marsh has good results as a player, even being part of the winning teams in 1v1PL7 and UMPL3, so i can definitely belli-ve (comedy) he can be a good manager.
1706422122564.png
bellis.png

oh we have a discord btw

Last edited:

lost heros

Meme Master
is a Pre-Contributor
DA2707A1-DD29-4CB4-BB7D-8CFC7FF50661.png

PS! name: Lost Heros
Assistant Manager: Felucia
Team Name:
Go-Go Gogoats
Why would you be a good manager?

Felucia and I managed 1v1 PL 3 and 4 with Pixilated Porygons and Go-Go Gogoats. We’ve both played a lot of 1v1 across different generations in ladder. We’ve both have or have had room roles, lead projects, and we already have a discord

Also I told a lot of people I was going to manage so if you don’t make me a manager they’re going to be super upset.

PS! name: Lumii
Assistant Manager: delemon
Team Name: Stolen Spectres
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details):

I was assistant manager for the RPS Rhydons last OGPL, which gave me a glimpse of how to manage a team. My life is also a lot more stable rn than it was back then, and I’m really locked in with regards to wanting to do this, so I’ll definitely be able to put in the time and effort to take this team to a victory.

delemon is just really good at the game and has managed teams idk what else to say lmao also like builds a lot ig so ye I’ll probs write more about them later-

Update: We have a discord server now.

Last edited:

PS! name: Lialiabeast
Assistant Manager: SwordIsBored
Team Name: Whimsical Whimsicotts
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): Obviously neither of us have managed a single tour, so this tour seemed like a good opportunity to get some managing experience. However, I personally have hosted official team tours (like gscpl), so I am familiar with the process. Also, both of us have played in last year's ogpl + 1v1pl + 1v1wc, are generally active members of the tournament scene, and as players we are more into old gens so we believe that we can be decent support in all tiers listed.

We already have the best team name, so there is that. Also, logo and disc server will be revealed if we get good chances of getting picked.

Last edited:
PS! name: crow crumbs
Assistant Manager: AlyssaVGC
Team Name: Sour Soul Sceptiles
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): I have been playing in 1v1 team tours for a couple years now. I am generally regarded as one of the better ss minds and I've dabbled in every gen at this point. I would say that I was a key presence when I played for US South and Big Daddy Crucify ostensibly did not regret buying me twice.
AlyssaVGC was, by all accounts, a helpful presence on last pl rhyps and I trust her knowledge of 1v1 old gens+familiarity with a lot of newer players.

Last edited:

frostyicelad

Ghosts can't go through doors, it's not fire
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RBTT Champion
PS! Name: frostyicelad
Assistant Manager: stravench
Team:
image0-4.png

why would we make good managers?: Reached OGPL 1 finals, managed a few successful 1v1wc teams for both Asia and India over the last few years, not mentioning the 6 million other tours I've managed and the many I've won. Stravench managed a team in 1v1PL last season, and has a fantastic standing in the community as both a player and a model user. Good mix of the old and the new and we coming for the ring. Gotta get DEG out of retirement

Edit: Didn't occur to me to mention that we did make finals and took it to TB in the inaugural OGPL

Last edited:

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus

(banner subject to change)​

Name: Euphonos
Assistant Manager: edit: Miyoko
Team: Twelvefret Toxtricity

Prior experience + any other additional details:

Euphonos:
1v1-related:
- 2x DPP 1v1 Cup Champion (V - wherein I also was finalist in Classic, VII)
- DPP 1v1 Representative, USA vs the World
- Winner, Old Gens Premier League I (Sootopolis City Snorlaxes, 4-1 DPP, 1-0 ORAS)
- Semifinalist, 1v1 Premier League VII (Metroboomin' Megarays, 2-1 ORAS, 1-1 SM)

Outside of 1v1:
- 2x Semifinalist, Tours Plaza Premiere (IV and V) as manager of Balete Drive Banettes (IV) and Limasawa Street Litwicks (V)

Miyoko: (debuting if picked)
1v1-related:
- Semifinalist, World Cup of 1v1 VII (Team India)

Outside of 1v1:
- 2x Semifinalist, Hindi Premier League (III and IV)

Last edited:

DripLegend

is a Forum Moderator
PS! name: DripLegend
Assistant Manager: bo_bobson27
Team Name:
NaganaDel Reys :naganadel:
Managed multiple 1v1 tours, namely us central to finals in the latest World Cup and thwackeys during last pl. I also can play/support multiple gens and I’m in touch with the player base. Bo hasn’t managed before but he’s been a solid player for a while and is a great support for any tier he builds so I’m confident he’ll have a good first showing.

PS! name: Mishlef
Assistant Manager: crucify
Team Name: NaganaDel Reys :naganadel:

Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): Crucify managed multiple 1v1 tours, namely us central to 2 rings in the previous 2 World Cup and Skewdas during last 2 pl. He can also can play/support multiple gens and is in touch with the player base. I hasn’t managed much before but I have been a solid player for a while and is a great support for any tier I builds so I’m confident I'll have a good second showing.

1707071210716.png

Sources: Legend, Drip "Signup Post" 1v1 Old Gens Premier League II - Manager Signups, Smogon, 1/30/24, https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...eague-ii-manager-signups.3735417/post-9958582

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)