Tournament Anything Goes Winter League - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Anything Goes Winter League

Hello, everyone! This year, we have decided to change the AG winter team tour from Snake Draft to a more unique auction-based format. It will be a double round-robin tournament that involves four larger-than-usual teams facing off over the course of six weeks, with the top two teams from that period moving onto the finals. This puts the end of the tournament in late-March, so make sure you can be active until then if you wish to participate!

List of tiers for this tournament (some may be subject to change):
- SV AG
- SV AG
- SV AG
- SV AG
- SV AG Best of 3
- SS AG
- SS AG
- USUM AG
- USUM AG
- ORAS AG
- Multigen Best of 3 (SV AG / SS AG / USUM AG)
- Wildcard slot *

Other details (some may be subject to change):
- This tournament will be hosted by me and Heika.
- Team managers may elect (and are recommended) to have a co-manager.
- Teams must have a minimum of 16 players (12 starters and 4 substitutes) and maximum of 24.
- Each team has a a 160,000 credits budget.
- Team managers and co-managers may self-purchase prior to the auction, with the first purchase costing 20,000 credits and the second costing 25,000.
- The auction will be held on Pokemon Showdown!
- * There will be a wildcard slot that changes between past AG metagames—namely DPP AG, B2W2 AG, pre-Marshadow SM AG, SS DLC 1 NDAG, SS DLC 2 NDAG, and pre-HOME SV AG—on a weekly basis. During the round-robin, the "home" team (which will alternate the second time two teams face each other) will choose this slot's format to be one of these metagames, with teams being unable to pick the same metagame twice. During the finals, the higher seeded team will get to chose, and they can select a metagame they have previously.
- Being a team tour, this will not give any AG tournament circuit points.

We shall start by selecting the team managers, which have important responsibilities such as drafting a team, submitting weekly lineups, and making sure their players are prepared and scheduling games. As mentioned above, managers are recommended to have a co-manager; you may decide on a co-manager after you have signed up, or if you cannot find a co-manager before the auction begins, you may select one from from the pool of players you draft. No joke signups or unrelated posts please—only post in this thread if you are serious about managing, and do so in the following format:

Team manager and co-manager (if applicable):
Team name:
Your accomplishments:
Why would you make a good manager?:

Manager signups will close on Monday, 15th January (one week from now), and player signups will open soon thereafter. Good luck and have fun, everyone!

Last edited:
Team manager and co-manager (if applicable): Kanha Greninja and Ransei
Team name: Mystic Vortex Rayquazas
Your accomplishments: Kanha Greninja: I have played in AG summer seasonal and AG kickoff i played quite well in both of them+ i am in RBTT thats an accomplishment isnt it. Ransei: have been a longtime community member of Anything Goes pretty much in since day 1 of the meta and I managed 5 OMPLs, made finals in 4 of them.
Why would you make a good manager?: Kanha Greninja: I have played AG since Gen 8 and always wanted to manage i will make sure i give anyone on my team an great experience and will test teams and play on the team if needed Ransei: I managed 5 OMPLs, made finals in 4 of them. Kanha Greninja: 80% finals rate yall broken combo (i hope)

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Team manager and co-manager (if applicable): Kanha Greninja and
Team name: Mystic Vortex Rayquazas
Your accomplishments: Kanha Greninja: I have played in AG summer seaosnal and Ag kickoff i played quite well in both of them Ransei: have been a longtime community member of Anything Goes pretty much in since day 1 of the meta
Why would you make a good manager?: Kanha Greninja: I have played AG since Gen 8 and always wanted to manage i will make sure i give anyone on my team an great experience and will test teams and play on the team if needed Ransei: I managed 5 OMPLs, made finals in 4 of them.
confirming

Fardin

Tournament Banned
Team manager and co-manager (if applicable): Fardin
Team name: Salt Mining Sableyes
Your accomplishments: I won agpl 2 as a manager, and was part of many other team tour wins as a player.
Why would you make a good manager?: I am probably the most experienced ag player on the site who is still relatively active which means i can support nearly every slot on my team. Plus past success in agpl should be an okay indicator too.

Last edited:

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Team manager and co-manager (if applicable): temp & Fluore
Team name: :arceus: :calyrex-shadow: :rayquaza-mega: Legendary Spammers :arceus: :calyrex-shadow: :rayquaza-mega:
Your accomplishments: I made it to Finals in AGPL with the LION'S DEN and was a 5-3 AG slot for my UMPL team that made Semis. Fluore solo-managed BSS World Cup to a victory. Pretty fire man, agree?
Why would you make a good manager?: I've had the pleasure of being picked up by good managers with very knowledgeable teammates pretty consistently in AG team tours (and just tours with AG), so I've learned a lot and should be able to support my players well across all generations. I like being involved in building and testing, presenting my own ideas, hearing teammates' ideas and helping to expand on them. Fluore is a proven manager, consistently making playoffs with the teams that they captain. He has plenty of experience, captaining BSS WCOP, RCOP, NUWC, RUWC, etc. We'll make a fun environment and will win bruv. Also the name goes hard. Yep, I cooked.

Fluore

Kitsch
is a Tiering Contributor
Team manager and co-manager (if applicable): temp & Fluore
Team name: :arceus: :calyrex-shadow: :rayquaza-mega: Legendary Spammers :arceus: :calyrex-shadow: :rayquaza-mega:
Your accomplishments: I made it to Finals in AGPL with the LION'S DEN and was a 5-3 AG slot for my UMPL team that made Semis. Fluore solo-managed BSS World Cup to a victory. Pretty fire man, agree?
Why would you make a good manager?: I've had the pleasure of being picked up by good managers with very knowledgeable teammates pretty consistently in AG team tours (and just tours with AG), so I've learned a lot and should be able to support my players well across all generations. I like being involved in building and testing, presenting my own ideas, hearing teammates' ideas and helping to expand on them. Fluore is a proven manager, consistently making playoffs with the teams that they captain. He has plenty of experience, captaining BSS WCOP, RCOP, NUWC, RUWC, etc. We'll make a fun environment and will win bruv. Also the name goes hard. Yep, I cooked.
Confirming. We are ready to cook.

Also, the real ones remember that I literally shadow managed AG Snake I in the Griseous Giratinas. Shoutout pichus.
Screenshot_2021-01-24-04-34-42.png

eavo

Banned deucer.
Team manager and co-manager :
eavo (manager) i am a mcrib (co)
Team name:
:klawf:
Krusty Klawfs :Klawf:
Your accomplishments :
eavo - Have peaked SS ladder, Finished at top 6 in AGSSNL, I haven't played many tours on Smogon else I think I would have had more to say.
iamamcrib - Finished at top 8 in AGSSNL, made it to quarterfinals of Last Chance Qualifier.
eavo- I have been a member of this community since the SS days and I know a lot of people in here. I was also a helper for Doom Desire Jirachis in UMPL that made finals.
Iamamcrib- I have been a member of this community since last year and I have had good tournament results. I am also captain of McCrab Ravers in the RU trios tournament and we are currently in winners bracket finals.

Last edited:

Chris Chien Pao

formerly hunternoooob
Team Manager-
Me!
(If anyone wants to teamup message me on cord-chriscp)
Team Name-Drunken Drapions

I Have Managed Many Offside tours includng Adpl,Btpl,Bkcpl Having decent results in all of them.On Smogon i have managed Bsspl and bsswcup.I have good knowledge of the playerbase and the current meta,i would definetly make a good manager,a good team and a great enviorment for the team.
(Logos Made By taka)
drunken_drapions2.jpg

Last edited:

PrimalKyogre

AG Circuit Champion
PrimalKyogre and Adhiraj8202

Team name:
1705158098178.png
Hallowed Ho-Ohs
1705158093221.png

Your accomplishments:
Both of us have participated in recent AG team tournaments, AGPL and UMPL. We were part of the most successful 2 Anything Goes teams in UMPL, both of which went to the finals (with Adhiraj8202 being on the winning team.)

Adhiraj8202 and I have extensive knowledge of the Anything Goes playerbase. Both of us have, and will continue to be active members of the community. We are confident in our ability to field a great team, and keep things in order.

Last edited:
Tic-Tac-Toedscools

Peaked gen7 and gen8 ladder, played in multiple AGPLs and AG Snakes, and built up enough of a reputation within the playerbase to get a strong sense of the community (say what you will of said reputation; at least I have one). I’ve made enough meme manager signup posts over the years and now it’s time to throw my hat in the ring. What do I have to lose?

PrimalKyogre and Adhiraj8202

Team name: TBD

Your accomplishments:
Both of us have participated in recent AG team tournaments, AGPL and UMPL. We were part of the most successful 2 Anything Goes teams in UMPL, both of which went to the finals (with Adhiraj8202 being on the winning team.)

Adhiraj8202 and I have extensive knowledge of the Anything Goes playerbase. Both of us have, and will continue to be active members of the community. We are confident in our ability to field a great team, and keep things in order.
confirming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)