Signups RUGL I - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beraldo

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
partially stolen from BigFatMantis

RU GAMING LEAGUE

or Gatorade League, maybe. Who knows.
s/o Flareblitzkreig

Hello gamers, I would like to welcome everyone to the first ever RUGL, a similar tournament to UUFPL. With the recent rise on the RU playerbase, we decided to make a new tournament to give the chance for lesser known players to have their chance to shine. Since this is our first try of a tournament like this, the format will stay similar to RUPL, including the auction format, but it might change in following years depending on how things goes.

Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details):

There will be no restriction for team names, so go wild (unless it's offensive in some way, then it will be deleted). No team name ideas will be provided because I have no creativity for it.

Managers will be selected by the hosts (me and Rarelyme) based on their activity in the RU community, be it in forums or in Discord. Tournament experience will also be taken into consideration, as well as your overall behavior.

Despite an assistant manager being not mandatory, if you're a player with no prior managing experience, you should have someone to help you during the tournament. This will also be taken into consideration when selecting the managers.

Only one of you or your co-manager can self-retain. Prices for self-retains will be listed later in this thread.

RULES:
  • Current managers (or co-managers) in RUPL are not allowed to manage in RUGL
  • Current managers in RUPL can, however, sign up as players in RUGL
  • Nobody is prevented from signing up for RUGL and we encourage all rookies and vets alike to partake. However:
  • Players already in RUPL are encouraged to sign up for RUGL, but they can't play SV RU in RUGL if they were in their RUPL's team starting lineup for any tier by end of Week 4 RUPL. Subbing in mid-week does not count.
  • For oldgens, players in RUPL can't play an oldgen tier in RUGL for which they have played at least one game for in RUPL by close of RUPL Week 4 (Weeks 5+ do not matter for this). This includes subbing in to play that tier.
The format for this first edition will be:

SV RU / SV RU / SV RU / SS RU / SM RU / ORAS RU / BW RU / ADV RU

MANAGER SELF-BUY INFO:

Your self-retain price is a base 10k to start, and goes up based on the following (caps at 20k):
  • +2k if you are playing in RUPL
  • +2k if you were a manager or an assistant manager in any RU draft tour (RUPL/RUSD)
  • +2k if you played and won a game in this last RUWC
  • +2k if you had 240 or more points in the 2023 RU Circuit
  • +2k if you had 385 or more points in the 2023 RU Circuit
  • +2k if you made it to Round 11 or more in the 2024 RU Winter Seasonal (top 12)​

Manager signups will close on Sunday, April 28th. The selected managers will be announced later in the same day.

Good luck, gamers! :bellipog:

Last edited:

Lime

o.o
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Lime
Assistant Manager: Suzuya
Team Name: Fino Fennekins
1200482119248511037_webp.png
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): I've managed puwc for team india which we won and suzuya has managed many tours including winning the prestigious upl.

Last edited:
Manager: jeza.p

Assistant Manager: Meracx

Team Name: The Crawdacious Crawdaunt

Why would you be a good manager?
Because I trust in the potential of every players, I really believe the motivation and the support between everyone is the key of the success. As a manager, I always give my best to make sure my players are at 100%. I'm managing smogon tournament since last UUFPL (1 year), last edition that I have won, I have been the manager of the France team for the UU and NU world cup, and I went untill the finale of the Spanish PL with our team of the Avalolo.p's. I'm also managing the UUFPL IV with Thorchic: Love and thunder team.
Also, My meracx and I have already managed a Multiple of time together during differents french tours, with a lot of succes. I love managing, and I love taking care of my players, together we'll reach out until the success.

The Crawdacious Crawdaunt.png

Meracx audacious, ca veut dire audacieux.

Chris Chien Pao

formerly hunternoooob
ChrisCP and Concept Everything
Stolen Light Necrozmas :necrozma:

I have overseen a multitude of tours, both offsite and onsite. Specifically, I supervised operations at BSSPL and BSSWC for onsite tours. Concept possesses extensive expertise across different tiers and has also managed ALTPL. As highly competitive managers with substantial experience, we can assure a well-planned draft and a positive team environment.
(S/O To Chatgpt)

Last edited:
Manager: Astro
Assistant Manager: Pepeduce
Team Name: The Snow Warners

Why would you be a good manager?: Pepe and I have been around for many years now, it goes without saying that we both have therefore a lot of experience playing throughout every generations of RU, whether it's been about sleeping at the top of the ladder, playing PLs or performing in circuit/officials in Pepe's case. Plus, our overall knowledge of the playerbase should be great enough to go through with it, as we've still been keeping a very close eye on what was going on the scene for long and I'm still an active member of the RU community as of now. Even though on his side Pepe has been a bit more busy and low-key for a good year, he's still taking looks at the ongoing RUPL.
As of managing onsite, I've led Team France in last year's RUWC (made it out of the pool phase), and so did Pepe back in 2018 and 2020 editions. The essential of our managing experience was offsite in the different French communities though (including finals of this year's RU French League as of me), still it won Pepe the 2023 edition of the (equivalent of the) French Snake (no°1 tour in France), fact added that he always made it to playoffs the 3 times he was managing.

Oh and I also tend to .20k players randomly without anyone expecting it which guarantees funny moments for whoever's not Tsuki nor my piggy bank I guess

Manager: jeza.p

Assistant Manager: Meracx

Team Name: The Crawdacious Crawdaunt

Why would you be a good manager?
Because I trust in the potential of every players, I really believe the motivation and the support between everyone is the key of the success. As a manager, I always give my best to make sure my players are at 100%. I'm managing smogon tournament since last UUFPL (1 year), last edition that I have won, I have been the manager of the France team for the UU and NU world cup, and I went untill the finale of the Spanish PL with our team of the Avalolo.p's. I'm also managing the UUFPL IV with Thorchic: Love and thunder team.
Also, My meracx and I have already managed a Multiple of time together during differents french tours, with a lot of succes. I love managing, and I love taking care of my players, together we'll reach out until the success.

View attachment 627128

Meracx audacious, ca veut dire audacieux.
I confirm i will be assistant for Jeza, and I confirm he is the best manager you could have for a tournament :pouss:

Pepeduce

PepeDuce, le seul, l'unique ! #SGZ
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Manager: Astro
Assistant Manager: Pepeduce
Team Name: The Snow Warners

Why would you be a good manager?: Pepe and I have been around for many years now, it goes without saying that we both have therefore a lot of experience playing throughout every generations of RU, whether it's been about sleeping at the top of the ladder, playing PLs or performing in circuit/officials in Pepe's case. Plus, our overall knowledge of the playerbase should be great enough to go through with it, as we've still been keeping a very close eye on what was going on the scene for long and I'm still an active member of the RU community as of now. Even though on his side Pepe has been a bit more busy and low-key for a good year, he's still taking looks at the ongoing RUPL.
As of managing onsite, I've led Team France in last year's RUWC (made it out of the pool phase), and so did Pepe back in 2018 and 2020 editions. The essential of our managing experience was offsite in the different French communities though (including finals of this year's RU French League as of me), still it won Pepe the 2023 edition of the (equivalent of the) French Snake (no°1 tour in France), fact added that he always made it to playoffs the 3 times he was managing.

Oh and I also tend to .20k players randomly without anyone expecting it which guarantees funny moments for whoever's not Tsuki nor my piggy bank I guess
Confirming

Concept Everything

Neko no Ensekan
is a Pre-Contributor
ChrisCP and Concept Everything
Tbd

I have overseen a multitude of tours, both offsite and onsite. Specifically, I supervised operations at BSSPL and BSSWC for onsite tours. Concept possesses extensive expertise across different tiers and has also managed ALTPL. As highly competitive managers with substantial experience, we can assure a well-planned draft and a positive team environment.
(S/O To Chatgpt)
Confirming

Oblivion Wing

It ain’t luck, it’s destiny ✦
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Ampha
Assistant Manager: Oblivion Wing
Team Name: Fullmetal Alcremies
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): have experience with RU community, co-managed Brazil on last RUWC where we got to finals tb, and quite some others, while Oblivion Wing has managed PTPL, ZUWC,NDWC and some others
Confirming

sasha

eternal torrent
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Manager: sasha
Assistant Manager: gum
Team Name:
Mashallah Mausholds
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details):
gum and I have both managed a large handful of tours and have most certainly proven ourselves as managers, while we've also been involved in basically all low tiers for multiple years. We've both also been involved in officials before as players. Notably gum managed last RUPL and made finals, and just made finals of PUBD as manager, the most recent PU team tour for something more recent. I've returned after a decently large break and more motivated than ever to manage a team again :), and I've won a previous iteration of RUSD.

Beraldo

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
The managers for the first edition of RUGL were selected. The managers and their teams are:

:fennekin: Fino Fennekins - Lime and Suzuya :fennekin:
:slowbro: The Regenhaters - Forest Guardian and Master Chief :slowbro:
:diancie: The Canadiancies - feen and Hurtadoo :diancie:
:araquanid: Team Liquidation - Mac3 and xXcrossbowXx :araquanid:
:stantler: Sassy Stantlers - TsuShirogane and Sneakyplanner :stantler:
:alcremie: Fullmetal Alcremies - Ampha and Oblivion Wing :alcremie:
:abomasnow: The Snow Warners - Astrø and Pepeduce :abomasnow:
:maushold: Mashallah Mausholds - sasha and gum :maushold:

Thanks everyone for signing up, and if you weren't selected, you are more than welcome to sign up as a player!

Speaking of player signups, it should go up tomorrow. Because I don't want to do it now.

Gn.

(lmk if anyone wants another mascot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)