Tournaments SPL XV DPP Discussion

I'm not buying into this idea that banning Jirachi wouldn't completely unleash Latias and friends.
Even the least invasive option of removing ihead would have huge implications for Tyranitar. What do you think removing the entire mon would do for the tier?
For me, banning Jirachi is thus completely out of the question even as a last resort.

Which is why we really need to push for more control over this tier and find a way to get rid of that stupid uncompetitive steel move (I am ofcourse talking about ddesire).
This requires directing our attention to the steaming pile of rapidash excrement that is smogon politics and I'm hoping to see all of us supporting this when the time comes.

One way or another we will make this great old gen even greater.

Alright, lets just do nothing then like usual. Cant believe I wasted my time reading all that shit from someone who doesn't actually want have a discussion.
I love the irony here —someone suggests that the tier is fine (contributing to the discussion), and you immediately rage, shoot them down, and then say that they’re the one who doesn’t want a discussion simply for disagreeing.

Id like a survey to go out to all players who had a single dpp game the last two SPLs, played more than 2 OU games in DPP PL, playing in JCI, etc. something along those lines.

“If given the option to ban Iron Head from DPP OU, would you?”

It seems like the overwhelming majority opinion is yes, we shouldn’t have to work around smogon tiering policy if it’s something that is unanimously desired.

Id like a survey to go out to all players who had a single dpp game the last two SPLs, played more than 2 OU games in DPP PL, playing in JCI, etc. something along those lines.

“If given the option to ban Iron Head from DPP OU, would you?”

It seems like the overwhelming majority opinion is yes, we shouldn’t have to work around smogon tiering policy if it’s something that is unanimously desired.
1713462057680.png

Since the DPP Council bend over backwards to ban Snow Cloak, I really would expect something to be done regarding Jirachi here.

Remember Froslass / Snow Cloak wasn't a problem and nobody wanted to ban it. Look at this thread is an overwhelming amount of people against the ban, and the council just did it anyway for some reason. https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/dpp-snow-cloak.3721756/#post-9898026

The only evidence of Snow Cloak being uncompetitive was submitted by Excal stomping some randoms on the ladder. The post by DeepBlueC did not explain anything and the whole DPP community was against it. Just read through the whole thread again, the whole Snow Cloak ban fiasco was a disaster

After SPL 2024, there are so many DPP players say how uncompetitive Jirachi is. If there are this many people against Jirachi, wanting to ban it or Iron Head, and the council does not do something, then one must wonder what are the councils doing?

DPP tiering decisions are starting to look like BW tiering decisions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 23)