BDSP BDSP Grand Slam 2024 - Playoffs

TyCarter

Tough Scene
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Illustration101 (BLANK).png

Congratulations to the eight players who made it to playoffs! Be their consistency into having a deep run or winning a cup that brought them here. There are seven Bo5 sets remaining to determine who will be crowned the 3rd BDSP Grand Slam Champion! Big thanks to igiveuponaname Xilefi Oblivion Wing AstilCodex and Tbolt all for hosting!

Here are those who qualified and their seedings:
1. AstilCodex - 18 Points (73.33%)
2. Baddy - 18 Points (70.59%)
3. igiveuponaname - 18 Points (69.23%)
4. TyCarter - 16 Points (69.23%)
5. jawabarat - 12 Points (70%)
6. TTK - 10 Points (55.56%)
7. RoyalReloaded - 10 Points (50%) - Deeper Run in best performing open
8. Scarf Kricketune - 10 Points (50%)

Round 1

1. AstilCodex vs 8. Scarf Kricketune
2. Baddy vs 7. RoyalReloaded
3. igiveuponaname vs 6. TTK
4. TyCarter vs 5. jawabarat

All sets are Best of 5 consisting of Ubers, UU, RU, NU, and PU. The higher seed will choose the first tier to play for game 1 of the Bo5 with a "loser picks next unplayed tier" format.

DISCLAIMER: BDSP UU'S TIER SHIFTS WILL NOT APPLY FOR THE DURATION OF GRAND SLAM PLAYOFFS!!! YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE A CHALLENGE CODE FOR UU, ANYONE WHO BRINGS POST-SHIFT UU MONS THAT WERE OU PRIOR TO SHIFTS WILL BE FORCED TO FORFEIT THE MATCH!

DEADLINE: Sunday, April 21st, 2024 at 11:59 PM -7
Replays will be Enforced

Last edited:

igiveuponaname

A face in a cloud no trace in the crowd.
is a Community Contributor
Not going to bother with predictions since I feel like the matchups are all rather even but still want to comment on them.

AstilCodex vs Scarf Kricketune
Codex has had a solid run through the opens putting him in the first seed this year, I don't expect him to be a slouch during this. Scarf on the other hand ended up giving wins in two of the opens and had overall less impressive runs which I would say puts him at a disadvantage but still with the possibility of an upset vs Codex. Will be entertaining to watch if nothing else.

Baddy vs RoyalReloaded
These two used more or less nothing but samples and other public teams so I don't expect to see anything new being used but they're still both solid players so it should be a good watch regardless. If there's even a single mirror match it would be hilarious.

igiveuponaname vs TTK
slam predict.PNG

(courtesy of Scarf Kricketune)
Won't really comment too much on this one since its my own set but I feel like the first two sentences summarize this matchup well lmao. Will be sure to try my best even if the non Ubers tiers give me trouble at times, and best of luck to TTK in our set as well.

TyCarter vs jawabarat
Highlight matchup of not only this round but the entire playoffs, last year's finals between these two ended up being really close and having a rematch between the two is going to be a great watch. Carter had a rougher run throughout the opens compared to last year with his 2 wins and Ubers finals spot but he's still a strong player and I don't expect him to go down without a fight in his attempt to win Grand Slam in back to back years. Jawabarat, after having been so close to taking the victory last year, I expect to still hold strong in NU and PU like he did last time but unfortunately I'd say Carter has the edge in UU and RU which would leave Ubers as more of a toss-up. Really the worst thing about this matchup is that they're both good players who I both want to see move on to the later rounds and win it all but unfortunately this is but the beginning of playoffs and only one can go on ahead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)