Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v4 [Volcarona Banned]

If this is your takeaway from the posts yesterday, then idk what to say beyond maybe take a few days off of posting because you’re being ridiculous.
man shit's getting heated and we could do without hurting anyones feelings, can we all agree that we're all free to post whatever on socials and whatever things we post have consequences? like i dont think anyone is being unreasonable, just lets not try to push each other down

while we discuss this shit, there's a 14 yo kid on its way to a regional VGC tournament watching a wolfey vid and registering with a team of flutter mane urshifuRS torn-i and that stupid articuno set AND WE COULD SAVE THAT KID lets focus on the things that unite us and not the ones that divide us

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
man shit's getting heated and we could do without hurting anyones feelings, can we all agree that we're all free to post whatever on socials and whatever things we post have consequences? like i dont think anyone is being unreasonable, just lets not try to push each other down
This is literally what I said repeatedly yesterday. You are literally parroting my point to…reach the opposite conclusion!? Like think this through.

The only caveat being that me posting something on socials doesn’t permit people to break forum rules on here. And that is a given as nobody is permitted to break rules like discussing blacklisted topics.

He is very clearly being unreasonable. Mimikyu’s post essentially making a parody of the slippery slope he was suggesting hits the nail on the head among many others.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
whens the next suspect test?

-----

so I don't post a one liner, I really do like Darkrai in general and I remember people used to meme that it isn't a top 5 dark in OU and I would honestly beg to differ, I think it's probably just behind Kingambit and Roaring Moon, I think in certain aspects you could probably argue between it and Samurott Hisui. But just the speed tier + cheeky bulkyness and varied sets it's pretty hard to ignore.

This is literally what I said repeatedly yesterday. You are literally parroting my point to…reach the opposite conclusion!? Like think this through.

The only caveat being that me posting something on socials doesn’t permit people to break forum rules on here. And that is a given as nobody is permitted to break rules like discussing blacklisted topics.

He is very clearly being unreasonable. Mimikyu’s post essentially making a parody of the slippery slope he was suggesting hits the nail on the head among many others.
I think you're understating your agenda-setting capabilities. Like, nobody was seriously speaking of a Tera Blast suspect until you did the other day. Of course people are going to talk about Uber drops if you talk about it. I don't think it's wrong that you did, I just think that you should either own it or have more aggressive moderation in here.

i still don't get how "if you don't want something talked about, don't bring it up yourself" is such an unreasonable position, but whatever, it doesn't matter what i think. i'm very clearly not welcome here

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
i still don't get how "if you don't want something talked about, don't bring it up yourself" is such an unreasonable position, but whatever, it doesn't matter what i think. i'm very clearly not welcome here
I talk about baseball, pizza, Ubers, other generations, music, and plenty more on my personal Twitter account. None of them are for discussion in this thread as all are off topic. This isn’t a hard concept to grasp.

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
I think you're understating your agenda-setting capabilities. Like, nobody was seriously speaking of a Tera Blast suspect until you did the other day. Of course people are going to talk about Uber drops if you talk about it. I don't think it's wrong that you did, I just think that you should either own it or have more aggressive moderation in here.
If I was more aggressive with moderation of this thread, various users would be banned already with all of the lurk more and trolling posts. We specifically have been lax this generation to permit new users and it has paid dividends with activity skyrocketing. However, it is to the point that this activity is not always productive activity

look at the post above mine and the dozens of other similar ones DB has made — if I lurk more them, he’s forum banned within a week lol

Imagine telling someone what they can and can't post on their own twitter account just because it might lead to a discussion you find annoying on one specific thread on one specific forum. Let the man have fun in peace, I'm sorry that it led to discussion a topic in SV OU Metagame Discussion that you personally don't like. It just seems very self absorbed to state that people should orient their entire overarching online presence on creating/avoiding the discussions you want on SV OU Metagame Discussion. Also why are you doubling down and making a stink when he said not to, on a thread about his tier. It's not all about you, learn to listen to people

What teams are people planning to use for suspect ladder this time?

Personally I might try with an offensive cinderace + weavile team or maybe some Ursaluna mola balance
I’ve been trying Sun for too long and failing for too long. I’m going to try reqs (probably won’t get very far) since I want to get a tiering contributor badge (looks like I’m going to be taking the long path though). I may try the hazard stack team with defensive Gouging Fire I made recently.

what's the best pizza you've ever had? discuss
I'm from Spain and was recently in the Canary Islands in work assignment, and god do they have good food there. Not only the regional food, but like, the best asian food I had, the best turkish... and there was an italian place that won my heart over there. Owner was super chill and let us stay past closing time.

If I was more aggressive with moderation of this thread, various users would be banned already with all of the lurk more and trolling posts. We specifically have been lax this generation to permit new users and it has paid dividends with activity skyrocketing. However, it is to the point that this activity is not always productive activity

look at the post above mine and the dozens of other similar ones DB has made — if I lurk more them, he’s forum banned within a week lol
I guess we're not going to agree. I know I'm not in your position so what do I know, but I just wish we were all a bit more civil at times. It just sucks when feelings get hurt because I feel we (and you in particular) have fostered a nice community here.

To finally speak of something mons related, I love all the talk on Garg recently. Have been using it since day one with a SpDef set and Tera Water, but with Serp and RBolt running around it might be time to change to Tera Fairy. What's all your day-one mons? Those that you always come back to.

Ok guys to make this cancerous thread less cancerous, how will the meta change if Volcarona goes? Which Pokémon would benefit or not benefit?
I still think it's early but as it's an interesting question, Kyurem certainly becomes even more free to click brainless Ice-moves.
Moltres may gain a niche because of Flame Body and Iron Moth will be something many will try as a replacement, although it lacks Quiver Dance.

whens the next suspect test?

-----

so I don't post a one liner, I really do like Darkrai in general and I remember people used to meme that it isn't a top 5 dark in OU and I would honestly beg to differ, I think it's probably just behind Kingambit and Roaring Moon, I think in certain aspects you could probably argue between it and Samurott Hisui. But just the speed tier + cheeky bulkyness and varied sets it's pretty hard to ignore.
I never understood the memes either. Anybody who looked at Darkrai's stats/movepool and thought it would fall off after the sleep ban was crazy. Honestly, I think it's better than Moon because of how much variety it has. Coverage options hit everything hard, sludge bomb + tera poison is great offensively and defensively for it, the item slot is super flexible, etc. I always find it to be a very scary mon to deal with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 23)