Programming Pokemon Showdown Pro V5 - A mix of Gen 5 Sprites and Octopath Traveler Inspired UI/Visuals.

Pokemon Showdown Pro V5 - A mix of Gen 5 Sprites and Octopath Traveler Inspired UI/Visuals.
By ThePedroJay (formally known as TheGreatBulbasaurus)

vlcsnap-2024-04-02-13h05m10s860.png

img4.png

ddsd.png

img5.png

img3.png

Notable Features
  • Complete Octopath Traveler Inspired Dark Mode (In-Battle, Teambuilder, Chat, Ladder, etc).
  • Animated Sprites (whenever possible) in Teambuilder and In-Battle.
  • Enlarged + Relocated Sprites in Teambuilder to help make Team Breakdown content more engaging.
  • Updated Visuals For All Weathers, Terrains, and Rooms to match updated look.
  • Completed Standard Play (OU -> ZU) Set of In-Battle Pixel Art Backsprites.
  • Icon Symbols for Every Move Button.
  • Hierarchy focused Battle Log Text Changes to help find specific information faster.
  • Rotating Timer Symbol For Ongoing Weathers/Terrains/Rooms to keep in focus what is still running.
  • Works with both Expanded Tooltips and Showdex Extensions.

"Install"
Requires Google Chrome, Stylus Extension, and the use of Google Chrome overrides to fully function. Instructions in video here.

Troubleshooting/Custom Solutions
I understand not everyone wants everything this reskin offers, I do my best to help come up with custom solutions for any features you want removed or altered, or any issues that come up during its implementation, on the Discord channel. I will also do my best to keep up with all inquiries here if that's more convenient.

I also plan to turn each notable custom solution into a "module" anyone can implement into their own theme, via Discord listing.

Patches
I'll do my best to update "patch notes" here as well.

Future Updates Planned
  • Replay Page Reskin to match.
  • Updated Animated In-Battle Backsprites, wherever possible.
  • Completed Set (All Formats) of In-Battle Pixel Art Sprites (Front + Back).
  • Completed Set (All Formats) of In-Battle Pixel Art SHINY Sprites (Front + Back).

Credits
This reskin would not be possible at all without all the hardworking Sprite artists out there creating amazing art, it took a whole village of work to arrive at a product worthy of release.

For all sprites that have been updated for the theme:
Full Credit List
All other Sprites are by default from the amazing work from the:
Smogon Sprite Project

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)